- Recording Media: 16MB - 2GB SD cards; 4GB - 32GB SDHC cards
- XY mic (XYH-5):
Mic Type: Directional
Sensitivity: –45 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Input Gain: –∞ to 52 dB
Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 140 dB SPL
Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
Input Gain: –∞ to 52 dB
Input Impedance: 2 kΩ or more
Plug-in Power: 2.5V supported
- Inputs 1/2:
Connectors: XLR/TRS combo jacks
(XLR: 2 hot / TRS: TIP hot)
Input Gain (PAD OFF): –∞ to 55 dB
Input Gain (PAD ON): –∞ to 35 dB
Input Impedance 1.8kΩ or more
Maximum Input Level: +22 dBu (PAD ON)
Phantom Power: +12V / +24V / +48V
Equivalent Input Noise (EIN): –120 dBu or less
- Line Out:
Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
Rated Output Level: –10 dBm
(when output load impedance is 10 kΩ or more)
- Phone Out:
Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
Output Level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Built-in Speaker:
400 mW/8 Ω mono speaker
- STEREO FILE mode:
Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz
Bit Rate: 16/24-bit (Stereo, BWF-compliant)
Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz Bit Rate: 48–320 kbps
Maximum Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 4 tracks(L/R + backup recording)
- MULTI FILE mode:
Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz
Bit Rate: 16/24-bit (Mono/Stereo, BWF-compliant)
Maximum Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 6 tracks (L/R + 1/2 + backup recording)
- Backup recording: 12dB lower than set L/R gain
- Recording time (with 2 GB card):
- 03:08:00 (44.1kHz/16-bit WAV)
34:43:00 (128kbps MP3)
- Display: LCD (128 x 64 pixels) with backlight
[Mass Storage Class operation]
Class: USB2.0 High Speed
[Audio Interface operation: Multi-track mode]
Class: USB2.0 High Speed
Inputs / Outputs: 4 / 2
Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48 kHz
Bit Rate: 16/24bit
Note: Use with Windows requires a driver, but Macintosh does not.
[Audio Interface operation: Stereo mode]
Class: USB2.0 Full Speed
Inputs / Outputs: 2 / 2
Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz
Bit Rate: 16 bit
Note: iPad operation supported in stereo mode only.
- Battery Life (with alkaline battery):
STEREO FILE mode
XY mic, 44.1kHz/16-bit (stereo x 1): about 15 hours
XY mic and Inputs 1 and 2, 48kHz/24-bit (stereo x 2): about 7 hours 10 minutes
Note: The above times are estimates. Approximate continuous recording times when using battery power were calculated using our own testing method. They may differ greatly depending on operating conditions.
AA size (LR6) battery x 2
AC adapter: AD-17 (DC5V/1A/USB-type) (optional)
USB bus power
H5 main unit: 66.8 （W）x 135.2 （D）x 42.1（H） mm
XYH-5: 65.5 （W）x 62.2 （D）x 41.0 （H） mm
- Weight: H5 main unit： 176g (without batteries)
- Included Accessories: XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule, SD card (2GB), AA size (LR6) battery x 2, USB cable, Foam windscreen, Case, Operation manual, Steinberg Cubase LE software download, Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
Resident Audio R100 Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Resident Audio R100 Headphones deliver great sound, no matter your application. The R100 uses 40 mm full-range drivers that deliver a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The lightweight, closed-back design and adjustable headband provide a comfortable listening experience for extended periods of time. The R100’s full and balanced sound is perfect for the studio or when you are on the go.
- 40 mm Full Range
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- 32 ohm
- 1/8" to 1/4" Headphone Adapter
Zoom H5 Portable Handheld Recorder
Evolved recording in more ways than one.
Our products are constantly evolving to meet the needs of the creators who use them. With the H5 Handy Recorder, the tradition continues. The H5 provides four tracks of simultaneous recording and, like our flagship H6, it can use all Zoom interchangeable input capsules, allowing you to choose the best microphone for every recording situation. The flexible and powerful H5 provides everything you need to create multitrack recordings, audio for video, and state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering.
X/Y recording allows you to cover a wide area yet still capture sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it ideal for all types of live stereo recording. The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle. These are housed within an advanced shockmount that employs rugged external mic wires and rubberized material to isolate the unit from the H5 body and thus minimize vibration and handling noise. The design of the XYH-5 also allows the H5 to handle louder sounds than any other Handy Recorder model: 140 dB SPL, to be precise—equivalent to the sound of a jet aircraft from less than 200 feet away—enabling you to capture sounds louder, closer, and cleaner than you ever could before.
The H5's modular design means that you can always use the best microphone for every recording environment.
In addition to standard transport controls (stop, play/pause, record, rewind and fast-forward), the front panel of the H5 offers dedicated record arming buttons for each track, which double as mute switches during playback. A Hold switch disables all front panel buttons to prevent accidental operation during recording. The H5 can be attached to a camera strap or, with the use of our optional Hot Shoe mount, mounted directly to a DSLR or camcorder.
The H5 also provides everything you need to connect with the outside world. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs that can handle both mic- and line-level signals allow you to connect external microphones and line-level devices like mixers, portable music players, effects processors and electronic keyboards—even electric guitars or basses equipped with active electronics. Each H5 input has its own dedicated gain control knob, located beneath a protective bar that prevents accidental movement during handling. The supplied XYH-5 X/Y capsule also provides a secondary input for connecting stereo mic- or line-level signal via a ⅛" mini phone jack. The H5 supports a +4 dB (professional) input level and utilizes the same high-quality preamps as our flagship H6, ensuring great-sounding recordings in all sonic environments.
There are lots of output options as well. A dedicated Line Out with adjustable volume allows you to send a stereo audio output from the H5 to the mic input of a video camera or other device without the need for an attenuator cable. In addition, there's a separate headphone output with a dedicated volume control. You can use both outputs simultaneously to route audio to your DSLR while monitoring over headphones. There's also a built-in speaker for fast access playback, and a USB port which allows the H5 to be used as an audio interface for your computer or iPad.
Power and Storage
Just 2 AA batteries—either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH—are required for power. When using alkaline batteries, the H5 will operate for more than 15 hours, even while recording continuously. You can also use an optional AC adapter to power the H5 without batteries. The H5 records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes. Maximum recording time is dependent upon the card size and file type; for example, the supplied 2GB SD card can hold approximately fourteen hours of stereo 320kbps MP3 files, three hours of stereo 16-bit / 44.1 kHz WAV files, or an hour of stereo 24-bit / 96kHz WAV files.
The H5 can operate in two different modes—choose stereo for two-track stereo recording, or multitrack for four-track recording (in either stereo pairs or individual mono tracks)—and it captures audio in the two most commonly used file formats: WAV and MP3.
The WAV files recorded by the H5 can be 16- or 24-bit, with sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96kHz*. They are automatically time-stamped and thus Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compliant, allowing for precise synchronization in video post-production. MP3 files, while slightly lower in fidelity, are much smaller than WAV files and are thus easier to email and post on social networking sites—allowing you to quickly and easily share your creations around the world.
* 96kHz sampling rate available in stereo mode only
The H5's onboard effects allow you to add polish to your recordings. Compression and limiting compensate for fluctuations in input level, while a low-cut filter helps eliminate wind noise, blowing, and other kinds of low frequency rumble. There's even an onboard metronome and chromatic/guitar/bass tuner.
But the list of H5 features doesn't end there. There's playback looping, pitch change and variable playback speed (without pitch change) to help with phrase training. A pre-record function that keeps the H5 continuously recording in the background, keeping the previous two seconds before you hit RECORD.
There’s an Auto-Record function that allows recording to begin automatically when a certain level of sound is detected and an equivalent Auto-Stop function that ends recording when the sound drops below a user-designated level, either immediately or up to 5 seconds later. And then there's Backup-Record—the ultimate safety net.* It enables the H5 to automatically record a duplicate set of stereo tracks with 12dB less input gain. Even if your original track is distorted, chances are the Backup version will be fine!
You can even use your H5 as an audio interface, complete with a Loop Back function that makes it easy to add narration to music playback. Simply connect the H5 to your computer or iPad** via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE or WaveLab LE software, and start creating a masterpiece.
* 44.1 and 48kHz WAV files only.
** Apple Camera Connection Kit required.
Attach to a video camera as an external microphone.
The H5 is perfect for use on a video or DSLR camera. The remarkable depth and clarity of sound achieved by the stereo mic design brings additional realism and depth to HD video. By attaching the H5 to a DSLR video camera with an optional hot shoe mount (HS-1), you can create a professional video system with high-quality sound.
• Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
• Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shockmounted mics for reduced handling noise
• Compatible with all Zoom input capsules
• Four-track simultaneous recording
• Large backlit LCD display
• Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
• Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
• Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
• Analog-style gain controls for each input
• Protective "roll-bar" type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls
• Plug-in power (2.5 volts)
• Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
• Chromatic tuner and metronome
• Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
• MS decoding
• Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
• Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
• Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
• A/B loop playback
• Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting playback speed
• Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
• Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-1 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
• Uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
• Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).