- Recording Media: Cards compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC specifications (Class 4 or higher)
- Ambisonics A, Ambisonics B (FuMa/AmbiX)
- WAV 4ch poly (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
- Display: 1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64)
- Motion sensor: 6 axes (3-axis gyro, 3-axis acceleration)
Built-in Ambisonic mic:
- 4 matched unidirectional condenser mics
- Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB SPL
- Mic gain: +18 – +48 dB
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: −10 dBu (1 kHz, 10 kΩ load)
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Connector: microUSB
- Mass storage operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
Audio interface operation
- 2 in/2 out (stereo/binaural input), USB 2.0 Full Speed
- 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit
- 4 in/2 out ( Ambisonics A/FuMa/AmbiX input), USB 2.0 High Speed
- 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A (supports USB bus power)
Estimated continuous recording time using batteries:
- 48 kHz/24-bit, FuMa Rec Mode
- Alkaline batteries: about 11.5 hours
- NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 11.5 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 24 hours
- The above values are approximate.
- Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- External dimensions: 76 mm (W) × 78 mm (D) × 123 mm (H)
- Weight (main unit only): 120 g
The Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
A New Way to go from A to B
In the past, capturing VR audio required a dedicated Ambisonic mic, a separate recorder and a computer for encoding the audio from raw Ambisonics A format to VR-ready Ambisonics B format. Now, with the H3-VR, all of the encoding and decoding is done on board, saving time, money and effort at every step.
Audio For Every Reality:
Ambisonics Audio for VR
The H3-VR’s 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures precise 360-degree VR audio recordings up to 24 bit/96 kHz. And without ever connecting to a computer, the onboard decoder allows you to export Ambisonics B-format files directly.
Binaural 3D Stereo
The H3-VR also records stereo binaural WAV files up to 24 bit/48 kHz. Stereo binaural provides a hyper-realistic spatial recording that enhances 2D productions with 3D audio.
The H3-VR even offers standard stereo recording for recordings that will be played out of speakers rather than headphones.
5.1ch Surround for Video
Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video.
Live Streaming 360
The H3-VR also enables you to live stream events in 360 degrees so that wherever your fans are, they’ll have access to the best seats in the house.
Fits Anywhere. Captures Everything.
The H3-VR’s compact, conical design captures audio from multiple angles without getting in the way of the camera or the action.
Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Upgrade Your Game Experience
The slam of dungeon doors, growl of monsters or howl of the wind can make or break a player’s fantasy. With the ability to capture high-quality in-game audio, you can elevate your player’s experience to new levels.
Designed With Intention:
Output Volume Controls
The H3-VR’s line out volume control lets you adjust the output volume to a DSLR camera, additional headphone, etc.
A dedicated headphone jack allows for stereo binaural monitoring of your audio while recording.
A directionally-responsive LCD screen provides a bright, clear display even when upside-down.
The Home, Play/Pause, Forward, Reverse and Menu buttons are positioned for quick access.
Lock your settings on the H3-VR while recording using the unit’s Hold function.
Precise Internal Clock
The H3-VR’s highly accurate internal clock with 0.5 ppm discrepancy reduces audio/visual drift.
Slate Tone/Sound Marker
Using the slate tone enables you to easily calibrate the H3-VR and camera audio levels. Use the sound marker to output a tone when recording starts to make syncing audio and video easy.
The H3-VR’s advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal at high volumes.
Low Cut Filter
The H3-VR’s adjustable low cut filter removes unwanted low-end frequencies.
Input Volume Gain
With the single-knob gain control, you can easily adjust the gains of all four mic capsules simultaneously for accurate, balanced 360-degree audio.
Two AA batteries can power the H3-VR for over 11 hours. For longer shoots, the H3-VR can also use portable USB batteries or be plugged in via an AC adapter.
3.5mm Line Out
The H3-VR fits right in with your existing gear, featuring a dedicated line out for a wide range of 360 cameras or other external devices.
Weighing less 5 ounces (120g), the H3-VR is the perfect Ambisonics recorder to take on the go. And since H3-VR records directly to an SD card, there’s no need for external gear.
Monitoring & Playback
Monitor your audio live in stereo binaural or use the H3-VR’s onboard Ambisonics Decoding to simulate your recorded 360-experience during playback.
Streaming and More
Perfect for live streaming, video conferencing, direct recording and more, the H3-VR’s audio interface mode turns it into a USB 360 mic for your computer or stereo mic for your iOS device.
Out of the Shot But in Control
Staying out of the shot can be tricky when recording a 360-degree video, which is why the H3 Control App lets you remotely access transport controls, level settings, and metadata notes right from your iOS device.*
360º Post-Production Made Easy
The H3-VR’s companion ZOOM Ambisonics Player software takes the work out of post-production by easily converting your Ambisonics files to Stereo, Binaural, 5.1ch surround and more. Play, trim, re-orientate and export your audio files in minutes.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
What's in the Box
- H3-VR Handy Recorder
- Foam windscreen
- Dual mounting bracket
- AA batteries
- BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter
- WSU-1 Hairy Windscreen
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).