Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Auto REC Level, Marker
Recording Format: WAV (Quantization: 16/24-bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate:48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz)
Playback Format: WAV (Quantization: 16/24-bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz), MP3 (Bit Rate: 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 128 times oversampling
D/A Conversion: 24-bit, 128 times oversampling
Signal Processing: 32-bit
Recording Media: microSD card (16MB - 2GB), microSDHC card (4GB - 32GB) Display: 127 segment custom LCD (with backlight)
Built-in Stereo Mic: Unidirectional condenser microphone
Gain: 0 to +39dB (Minimum gain with digital attenuation: -28dB)
Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 120dB SPL
Mic/Line Input: 1/8" stereo phone jack (Plug-in power supported)
Input impedance: 2kΩ (Input level: 0 to -39dBm)
Phones/Line Output: 1/8" stereo phone jack
Output Load Impedance: 10kΩ or more
Rated Output Level: -10dBm
Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
Built-in Speaker: 400mW 8Ω
USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 high-speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation
Power Requirements: (LR6 or Ni-MH) AA battery x 1, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
Battery Life (LR6 batteries): 10 hours (MP3), 9.5 hours (WAV)
Dimensions (mm): 44(W) x 136(D) x 31(H)
Weight: 60g (without batteries)
Like all Zoom recorders, the H1's onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern for stunning stereo imaging. Because both mics are arranged on the same axis, they are equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting. The result is great stereo recordings with natural depth and accurate imaging.
The H1's built-in directional microphones focus on the sound being recorded. Unlike omnidirectional microphones, which pick up sound all around indiscriminately, the H1 mics ignore the unwanted noise behind them.
The high-quality built-in preamp can be set to a recording level from 1 and 100. Set the recording level based on your specific needs. You can record anything from subtle nature sounds to a thunderous rock band. You can also achieve clear, undistorted recordings by enabling the AUTO LEVEL function.
The H1 can record linear PCM (WAV) files at 24-bit/96 kHz, which far exceeds CD quality, allowing the delicate reverberations of natural sounds and acoustic instruments to be recorded faithfully. The H1 can also record in MP3 format to maximize the recording time. These formats are perfect for the web posting or e-mailing to your fans.
Using compact and readily-available microSD cards as recording media, you can use up to a 32 GB microSDHC card to record about 50 hours of audio in 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV format or 555 hours in 128 kbps MP3 format.
Use the onboard low-cut filter to reduce unwanted background noise and focus the recording. This is ideal for interviews and recording outdoors. Use the optional windscreen to further reduce noise.
The H1's stereo microphone input jack can provide plug-in power, allowing you to utilize additional mics as needed for your specific application and situation. Moreover, this jack accepts stereo line-level inputs to be used in capturing audio from cassette decks, record players and other analog sources.
Because it records in Broadcast Wave Format (BWF), the H1 is ideal for journalists and other media professionals. Each recording is stamped with the date and time of its creation and up to 99 track markers or cue points can be added. These functions make managing and editing recordings a breeze.
Use the built-in reference speaker to check the results of your recordings right away without the need for headphones. This reference speaker makes selecting a recorded file easy. Its backlit liquid crystal display allows you to check recording levels and other functions, including recording time, battery level and other information.
Since it meets Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specifications, the H1 can quickly transfer files to any Mac or PC computer. Once your recordings have been transferred on to your computer, you can edit them in DAW software, create original CDs, post them on your social media sites and send files by e-mail.
The H1 has dedicated control buttons for setting the recording format, activating the low-cut filter and implementing automatic level adjustment. The menu-free, streamlined design of the H1 makes it easy to use right from the start.
The compact, lightweight H1 is perfect for use on a video or DSLR camera. The remarkable depth and clarity of sound achieved by the stereo X/Y mic design brings additional realism and depth to HD video. By combining the H1 with a DSLR video camera, you can create a professional video system with high-quality sound.
10 hours of continuous recording can be attained with a single AA alkaline battery. With the optional AC adapter, you can record for prolonged periods of time without worrying about the battery level. The H1 can also operate on USB bus power when the card reader function is activated.
Now Zoom recording technology is available to everyone. And with an infinite variety of applications, you'll want to take your H1 everywhere. From musical performances, songwriting sessions and rehearsals to seminars, conferences, journalism or capturing audio for video applications, the H1 gives you clean, clear stereo sound effortlessly.
The APH-1 package, which is sold separately, includes six additional accessories for the H1. The package includes a windscreen, a mic stand clip adapter, an adjustable desktop tripod, a soft case, an AC adapter (USB type) and a USB cable.
Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
Built-in reference speaker
Includes 2GB microSD memory card and one AA battery
One AA size battery (included) allows 10 hours operation
Accommodates up to 32GB microSDHC memory cards
Track marker function
Built-in tripod mount
1/8" external mic input
1/8" stereo line output
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).