Here at Zoom we've been leading the way in multi-effects processing for the past twenty-five years. We're especially proud that our innovations in stomp-box effects pedals have become the tools of choice for guitarists the world over. Now, with the release of the G1on, we're taking guitar effects to the new heights - and at astonishingly affordable prices. Whatever your level of expertise, whatever your style of music, the G1on is sure to become an artist favorite in your pedalboard.
Amazing effects, amazing features, amazing sound.
The G1on offers 100 guitar effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb and amp models. The G1Xon offers an additional 5 pedal-controlled effects.
Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. There's an onboard chromatic tuner that supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings, and a Looper feature that enables you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes (up to 64 beats), and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantization that ensures seamless start and end times. Programming is simple and straightforward, thanks to a streamlined user interface and the large backlit LCD screen.
Advanced features such as Copy and Swap make it easy to organize your patches for live performance. An Auto Save function ensures that your edits are stored automatically, and a Pre Select feature allows you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational. The G1Xon even provides a built-in expression pedal that enables you to control input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter.
Dozens of different ways to make you a guitar hero.
Both the G1on and the G1Xon allow you to choose from 100 different onboard DSP effects. (The G1Xon offers 5 additional pedal-controlled effects.) For ease of use, these are organized into the following categories:
Dynamics / Filter
Sixteen different ways to shape and control your sound with compressors, noise gates, filters, equalizers and wah effects. Emulate the classic tone of the MXR Dynacomp, dbx 160, Moog Filter or Z. Vex Seek-Wah, or create all-new effects using the automatic Slow Attack, parametric equalizer or six-band graphic EQ. Or choose Zoom's unique Noise Reduction (ZNR) algorithm, designed to remove noise during pauses while still maintaining your guitar's natural tone.
Overdrive / Distortion
Eighteen of the best boosters, overdrives, fuzzes and lead guitar sounds you've ever heard, including simulations of the BOSS OD-1, MXR Distortion+, Marshall Guv'nor, Fuzz Face, Big Muff and Pro Co Rat. Our ExtremeDS effect offers the most powerful gain of any distortion effect in the world, and there's also a simulator that allows your electric guitar to sound like an acoustic.
Twenty-two of the most realistic models ever created, including simulations of classic tube and solid-state amps from manufacturers like Fender, Marshall, Vox, Hiwatt, Mesa Boogie, Orange, Bogner, Matchless and Diezel. Our amp sounds are so lifelike, you'll swear on a stack of speaker cabinets you're listening to the real thing.
Modulation / Special effects
Round out your sound with your choice of twenty-four phasers and flangers, plus chorus, pitch shift, tremolo and vibrato. Included are emulations of the ADA Flanger, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus and TC Electronic Corona Chorus, as well as the Zoom HPS, an intelligent harmonizer that plays along in key, and a ring modulator that adds bell-like tones to your guitar. And when you're ready to go after some truly off-the-wall sounds, try out the endlessly rhythmic Slicer.
Delay / Reverb
Twenty delays and natural-sounding reverbs, including rooms, halls, plates, springs, and tape delay simulators, all designed to add depth and spaciousness to your sound, with delay times of up to 4 seconds. You'll even find reverse delays, modulated reverbs and particle reverbs here—everything you need to place your guitar in a realistic space … or a totally unearthly one.
NOTE: Manufacturer names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The names are used only to illustrate sonic characteristics and do not indicate any affiliation with the Zoom Corporation or Zoom North America.
Question: When is a guitar effects pedal not just an effects pedal? Answer: When it's a multi-effects pedal.
The G1on/G1Xon not only allows you to select and edit any of its onboard effects, it enables you to use up to 5 of them simultaneously, chained together in any order you like. This kind of power and flexibility means that you can create rich, complex effects within the unit itself instead of having to use multiple pedals.
Stompbox chains typically start with dynamics effects such as compression, before routing the signal to wah, EQ, distortion and/or overdrive effects. Modulation and spatial effects such as chorus, delay and reverb are usually placed at the end of the chain.
However, there are no hard and fast rules on how to chain effects. Exciting new sounds can easily be discovered with a little experimentation and some imaginative effect chaining. The G1on/G1Xon gives you the ability to get creative with your effects chaining.
You can also easily edit chains you’ve previously created. Simple changes in the order of effects can alter sounds dramatically. For example, an EQ set before an amp model can result in a radically different sound than having the EQ set after the amp model. That's because putting the EQ before the amp model serves to not only alter the tonal characteristic of the sound but to act as a signal booster as well. All this can be done internally with the G1on/G1Xon—much easier than physically changing the order of stompboxes.
Tuner: stayin' in tune.
Guitarists know the importance of playing in tune. But it's not just about getting your instrument in tune; it's about keeping it in tune all night. That's no problem if you're using a G1on/G1Xon, because its built-in Tuner makes the task totally stress-free, even under the pressure of a live gig and the heat of stage lighting.
The G1on/G1Xon Tuner is instantly accessible at all times: All you have to do is step on the two foot pedals simultaneously and the backlit LCD screen immediately shows you whether the note you're playing is sharp, flat, or dead on. You can opt to either bypass the currently selected effect (thus giving you a clean, unaffected sound) when tuning, or to mute the signal altogether, allowing you to tune in silence.
The G1on/G1Xon Tuner is incredibly flexible, too: It can be set to a reference of A=440, or any value between 435 and 445, and can be used chromatically or in a variety of standard guitar tunings—even drop tunings of up to 3 semitones.
Rhythms: the perfect accompanyment.
Rhythm training is an important part of every guitarist's craft. The G1on/G1Xon Rhythm function makes it easy and fun to do. 68 realistic-sounding rhythms are at your fingertips: PCM samples of actual drums playing real-life patterns in a variety of different genres—everything from rock to jazz, from Emo to Motown. Dozens of quarter-note, eighth-note and sixteenth-note rhythms are provided, in 4/4, 6/8 (shuffle) and 3/4 (waltz time); for the adventurous, there's even a 5/4 groove!
The Rhythm function can also be used in conjunction with the Looper function (see below), allowing you to craft complex guitar orchestrations overlaying the pattern of your choice.
Looper: build a co
Got a great lick that you'd like to expand on, or a distinctive chord progression that you think could serve as the foundation for an exciting improvisation or an inspired solo? Explore your creativity to its fullest with the G1on/G1Xon Looper function, which allows you to layer up to 30 seconds of performance (through the effect or effects of your choice) in high quality audio (16-bit 44.1kHz). Recording time can either be set manually or to a preset number of quarter notes, up to 64 beats, and starting and stopping the Looper (as well as readying it for an overdub or clearing its memory altogether) is as easy as pressing a pedal—no hands required.
The G1on/G1Xon Looper can also be used in conjunction with the Rhythm function, allowing you to play along with the pattern of your choice.
Auto Save: Edits saved, all the time
Finally got that perfect effect crafted, but afraid you'll lose it? It'll never happen when you use the G1on/G1Xon's handy Auto Save function. When switched on, whatever you change will automatically be saved.
Alternatively, if you'd prefer the insurance of a safety net (so that you never accidentally overwrite a patch), simply leave Auto Save off. The G1on/G1Xon will then politely ask you if you want to save your edits whenever you move on to a different patch. Settings can be saved to the currently selected memory area, or to any other area, allowing you to place it where it's most convenient.
The G1on/G1Xon makes naming patches a breeze, too—simply use the parameter knob to dial in the characters you want. Patch names can be up to ten characters long, and each patch can be assigned its own level as well, allowing you to ensure consistent volume even when going from a gentle acoustic sound to heavy metal overdrive.
Pre-Select: Choose the effect you want before the audience hears it.
Normally, you'll want to store your custom G1on/G1Xon patches adjacent to one another so that stepping on the right-hand pedal will scroll through them in the order needed—something that's easily accomplished using the handy Copy and Swap functions. In that circumstance, you'll also want the sound to change immediately, and this is the way the G1on/G1Xon normally operates.
However, if you haven't stored your patches in adjacent memory locations, or if you simply get the urge to experiment and change things up in the middle of a performance, just turn on the G1on/G1Xon Pre Select function. This allows you to scroll through patches silently, with the current sound remaining unchanged as you do so. When you find the patch you want to use next, step on both pedals simultaneously and it will be automatically selected, with the sound changing instantly.
Power functions: more power to you.
When it comes to powering your G1on/G1Xon, you've got lots of options. It runs on just 4 AA batteries—either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH—or you can use the optional Zoom AD-16 AC adapter to power it from any standard wall socket.
When running on batteries, the G1on/G1Xon powers up automatically when a jack is inserted into its input connector, and a unique "eco" function can be used to automatically power the unit off if unused for 10 hours.
Battery life (when using alkaline batteries) is more than 20 hours, even during continuous use, and a handy "battery remaining" display shows you how much power is remaining. To extend battery life further still, you can opt to have the backlit LCD display turn off automatically after 15 or 30 seconds after the pedal was last used.
• 100 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay and reverb (G1Xon adds 5 pedal-controlled effects)
• Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
• 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
• Copy and Swap functions make patch organization a breeze
• Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
• Pre Select function allows you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational
• Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
• Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
• 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
• Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
• Auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
• Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
• Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
• Lightweight and small enough to fit in your gig bag
• Easily integrated into any existing pedal board
• Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
• USB port for firmware updates
• Optional AC adapter
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).