With specially engineered effects, built-in looper and drum machine, the A1 is the first Multi-Effects Processor designed for a variety of acoustic string and wind instruments.
The A1 is preloaded with over 80 effects, including more than 35 new groundbreaking effects designed and engineered for acoustic instruments.
Unlock the Potential of Your Acoustic Guitar
Add a multitude of warm and rich tones to your guitar. From live “unplugged” performance sounds to the finger-playing style of country and blues, there’s so much to choose from. Gorgeous effects and acoustic guitar modeling will take your instrument to places it’s never been before.
Acoustic Guitar Modeling
Add depth and dimension with acoustic emulators and modeling. Refresh your instrument’s natural sound, allowing your live performances to sound just like your studio recordings. Select and hone in on the tone of your favorite guitar make and style.
The A1 make it easier than ever to process the sound of your own Acoustic Guitar. With a selection of 15 factory presets (plus13 more available as free download on Guitar Lab), you can select your favorite AG MODEL, D-28 for example, and recover instantly the sound character of that renowned and original body shape.
IR (Impulse Response) technology is used to capture the sonic fingerprint all guitar shapes and bodies available on the A1 and via Guitar Lab. Each AG MODEL can be adjusted with 4 parameters (Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble) to control the volume and refine the audio output of your modeled sound.
In Patches you can also set the AG Pickup Selector (AG PU SEL) to match your guitar’s pickup type (Piezo or Magnetic) and add a specific EQ modeled on a variety of dedicated processors.
Give Your Sax an Entirely New Soundscape
Perform that gritty, rock-and-roll sax growl. Or use the lush custom-chorus effect to emulate the sound of jazz fusion. The A1 gives sax players a soundscape of possibilities. The all-new “SaxChorus” effect delivers a more natural double-track and thick tone response by softening the modulated sensation typical of a chorus designed for the electric guitar. With ready-made settings for EQ and Compressors your sax will preserve its acousticly warm sound, even when amplified through mics.
Take Your Trumpet Back to the Future
From the bright sound of electric jazz to our signature Auto Wah sound effect, the A1 gives you inspiration for any style you play. With the “Tp MD70” preset patch the Pedal Wah sound is tuned, resonates and adapts to the low frequency range and curve of the Trumpet.
Turn Your Violin Into an Orchestra
From the rich, full sound of a string symphony to the raw, distorted explosion of metal, the A1 have effects for every genre.
More Body for Your Harmonica’s Soul
Play punchy, mid-range sounds of a blues harp, or experiment with your own new sounds. Breathing new life into your harmonica has never been so much fun.
Play through the preset patch “Hm StevieW” and get that famous harmonica sound as the chorus’s wet signal effect is modified to fit the frequency response of the chromatic harmonica.
The A1 even provides you with a truly effective simulation of the Bullet Mic, also known by harmonica players as the Green Bullet. Select the preset patch “Hm Juke” and now hear the legendary amplified, warm tone of the Green Bullet come to life, even when using any standard vocal microphone.
Take Your Upright Bass to New Heights
With focused highs and rich lows, the A1Four gives you control and flexibility from classical to rockabilly and all styles in between. Add octaves, select your piezo effect or create your own unique signature sound.
Guitar Lab Supported
With a free download, ZOOM Guitar Lab software explore an endless world of patches and effects. And with its added ability to edit effects and arrange patches designed for Acoustic Instruments, you can experiment and create endless combinations.
The Perfect Partner
The Zoom MAA-1 mic adapter provides a hassle-free connection to the A1 FOUR. It works with dynamic microphones and even provides phantom power for condenser mics. Add effects to any acoustic instrument and adjust gain settings with the MAA-1’s easy-access controls.
Tap into Your Performance
Effortlessly toggle between patches and effects with two performance modes. MEMORY mode makes it easy to program your entire setlist by jumping from patch-to-patch. Use STOMP mode to turn individual effects on and off with the tap of your foot.
Drums & Percussion Included
Choose from 68 rhythm patterns designed for acoustic music including Samba, Reggae, and Jazz. Play along with a variety of time signatures.
The built-in looper can record up to 30 seconds and allows you to create dynamic, multi-part arrangements.
- A1 FOUR offers over 80 built-in effects
- Dedicated effects for acoustic guitar, saxophone, trumpet, violin, and harmonica
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Looper for recording up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns tailored for unplugged styles of music can be used in combination with the Looper
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- A1 FOUR runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 18 hours; MAA-1 Requires 2 AA batteries
- USB port for firmware updates, power and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab
- Maximum number of simultaneous effects: 5
- User patches: 50
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Display: 128x32 dot matrix LCD
- Standard mono phone jack
- Rated input level: -20 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 470 kΩ
- AUX IN:
- Stereo mini jack
- Rated input level: -10 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 1kΩ
- Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphone)
- Maximum output level: Line +2 dBu (10 kΩ or more output impedance)
- Headphones 17 mW + 17 mW (32Ω load)
- Input S/N:
- Noise floor (residual noise): -97 dBu
- Power: AC adapter: 9V DC 500mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16)
- 4 AA batteries (about 18 hours continuous operation time when using alkaline batteries with the LCD backlight off)
- USB MIDI, USB Micro-B
- Power can also be supplied through the USB port.
- When using a cable designed only for power, other USB functions cannot be used.
- External dimensions:
- Height: 156 mm (D) × 130 mm (W) × 42 mm (H)
- Weight: 340 g (excluding batteries)
- INPUT XLR balanced input (2: hot)
- Input gain: +3 – +30 dB
- Input impedance: 10 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +4 dBu
- +48V phantom power
- Standard mono phone jack
- Nominal output level: −20 dBu
- Maximum output level: +7 dBu
- Output impedance: 1 kΩ
- 2 AA batteries
- Continuous operation time (when phantom current is 3 mA)
- About 15 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- About 15 hours (using nickel metal hydride batteries)
- External dimensions:
- Height: 177 mm (D) × 23 mm (W) × 25 mm (H)
- Weight: 70 g (excluding batteries), 0 dBu = 0.775 V
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).