|Scale Length||634mm (25")|
|Total Length||978mm (38 1/2")|
|Body Width||356mm (14")|
|Whole Depth||85mm (3 11/32")|
|Fingerboard Width (0F, 14F)||43m - 55mm (1 11/16" - 2 5/32")|
|Frame Material||Rosewood & Maple|
|Body Finish||Tobacco Sunburst|
|Electronics||SRT Powered System|
|Controls||Power / Vol / AUX.Vol / Bass / Treble / Smooth Control Effects(Reverb1, Reverb2, Chorus) / Chromatic Tuner / SRT Blend|
|Connections||Line OUT / AUX IN / Phone Input / DC-IN|
|Color||Tobacco Brown Sunburst|
|Accessories||Original Carry Bag / Stereo Earphones / 2 * AA Batteries|
The Yamaha SLG200S is designed for easy transport. The silent acoustic-electric guitar has mini-stereo inputs for plugging in a MP3 or CD player for play-along. The Yamaha acoustic-electric guitar interfaces well with acoustic-effects processors, PA.s and amps. Silent design makes it perfect for home use or practice.
The neck shape and 634mm scale length of the SLG200S continue the design legacy of conventional acoustic guitars, while its ultra-slim body is perfect for players of both acoustic and electric instruments.
Sound by SRT Powered
SRT Powered is a new system designed to recreate the body resonance of an acoustic guitar in a bodiless guitar. Yamaha developed SRT Powered, collaborating with recording artists to create a system tailored to the unique properties of the new SLG body and modelled after the tones of a high-end Yamaha acoustic guitar captured using a carefully selected microphone in a professional recording studio environment. By actually reproducing the sound of an acoustic guitar—right down to its natural sustain and decay—Yamaha lets guitarists experience the genuine body resonance, body tone and ambience of an acoustic guitar.
SRT Powered sound can even be mixed with the sound from the instrument's piezo pickups, allowing guitarists to be even more flexible in their creative endeavors.
Because the SLG can virtually reproduce the sound of a guitar recorded with a microphone, players are free from complicated procedures involved in mic-ing up a guitar when recording at home or in other settings.
The detachable top section of SLG’s frame means that practicality and portability are way beyond that of a conventional guitar.
The luxury gigbag provided can be carried with ease and fits into an aircraft overhead compartment with room to spare.
The slim body of the SLG gives these instruments superb playability, and allows players to switch to playing an electric guitar without any discomfort should the need arise.
With the SLG, Yamaha set out to bring a modern feel to the classic contours of a conventional guitar. The distinctive design that emerged is the result of a collaborative effort between the project team and the Yamaha Design Laboratory, and combines traditional guitar lines with an innovative new form unlike that of any guitar before it.
The bodiless design of the SLG offers a natural, quiet sound that allows guitarists to play without disturbing others, whether practicing late at night or playing in the living room when the family is home. The SLG200S is eighty percent quieter than a conventional acoustic guitar.
Yamaha’s SLG features excellent durability owing to its solid body structure, so users do not have to worry about damaging the instrument when playing live or traveling.
Both the steel string and nylon string models are fitted with a duel action truss rod, allowing both convex and concave bow to be adjusted.
Connect to an external music player to enjoy music playback, enhance your playing with a range of authentic effects, or plug in headphones to enjoy playing in privacy—the SLG offers a variety of functions that make playing even more enjoyable. What's more, SLG come with a built-in precision chromatic tuner, compatibility with both battery- and AC power, and a range of other user-friendly features.
- Authentic plugged-in sound by SRT Powered
- Super-compact, collapsible construction
- Ultra-quiet performance
- Unique, striking looks
- Slim body like an electric guitar
- Variety of functions which make players enjoy without becoming bored
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).