|Keyboard||Number of Keys||61|
|Maximum Polyphony||128 notes|
|Multi Timbral Capacity||16 parts (Internal)|
|Wave||Approx.166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)|
|Voices||Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits|
|Performance||User: 128 (16 parts)|
|Effects||Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)|
|Tempo (BPM)||5 – 300|
|Songs||27 Demo Songs|
|Sequence formats||SMF Format 0 (playback only)|
|Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function||For Windows®: Cubase 6 or later, SONAR X1 ProducerFor Mac®: Cubase 6 or later, Logic Pro 9, Digital Performer 7 *Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software|
|Controllers||Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1|
|Display||3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)|
|Connectors||OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] / [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN|
|Power Supply||9 W|
|Accessories||AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner’s Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM x 1 (containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List), DVD-ROM x 1 (containing DAW software)|
Over 1000 Sounds from the MOTIF Series
The MX series contains more than 1000 Voices derived directly from the world famous Yamaha MOTIF XS series. From realistic acoustic sounds like piano, electric piano, strings and drums to complex 8-element synth sounds, the MX has all of your favorite Motif XS Voices right at your fingertips. The MX even has a streamlined interface for instant hands-on selection of all those great Voices. The newly designed category selection makes it easier than ever to find the Voice you need. You can even edit and store your own sounds right onboard.
MX synthesizers come equipped with VCM effects, which simulate vintage effectors at the circuit level. The sounds of the ‘70s are brought back to life, through simulating the hard-to-find vintage sounds of equalizer, flanger, phaser, and wah effects introduced by the keyboard legends of the era.
Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
Performance Mode on the Motifs has always been the place to find instant inspiration and the MX is no different. You can easily combine two Voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons each with their own intelligent arpeggiator and a dedicated Part for a drum track to create evocative Performances that feel like a whole band is playing. The 128 Performances on the MX are all user editable, but come programmed with the latest club friendly grooves.
16-Part Multi Timbral and 128-note Polyphony
Each Performance contains not only the three sounds described above, but all the settings for a complete 16-Part Multi setting for play. You can switch between any of the 16 Parts without the sound cutting off. With 128 notes of polyphony there are plenty of notes to play even the densest sequences from your DAW. These features make the MX the perfect tone generator solution for live performance and live playback of DAW MIDI tracks.
Bi-directional USB Audio/MID Interfacing
But the MX doesn't just control software DAWs and VSTs. Just connect a USB cable to your computer and you can monitor all the sounds from your computer via the headphone output of the MX or listen to your DAW tracks by connecting the MX to external studio monitors or PA gear. The audio converters on the MX are made for professional music applications so everything on your computer, even games, will sound better when using the MX as the output. The MX interface is bi-directional so you can record the internal sounds of the MX directly to your computer, without ever going to the analog domain, for the highest possible quality.
Extensive Hands-On Controls for VSTs and DAWs
The MX also features solid knobs and durable buttons for controlling internal sounds, DAW parameters and VST instruments. The deceptively simple interface is combined with a remote template editor on your computer so any VST you own or any new VSTs you buy can be easily set up to be controlled by the MX. There are advanced integration templates for use with a variety of DAWs. When used with Cubase, there is even an AI knob so any parameter can be controlled by the large rotary encoder just by mousing over it. It has never been quicker to take full control of Cubase.
A Complete Suite of Music Production Software Included
The MX series is the only hardware synth in its price range to come with a complete suite of music production software tools. The included Steinberg Cubase AI features 48 audio tracks and 64 MIDI tracks, notation, built-in VST effects, so with just the MX and AI you can do complete productions. But we didn't stop there; it comes bundled with Steinberg Prologue and the Yamaha YC-3B organ emulator so you have some compelling VSTs to get started. Plus there are Remote Template editors for setting up controls of VSTs. Finally, Yamaha has worked with some third party developers to ensure that there will be fully functional cross platform editors available at release.
Complete Analog and Digital Connectivity
In addition to the USB audio/MIDI port, the MX has a USB to Device port so you can connect USB devices for storing MX data to external memory and even playing back wave files directly from a USB stick. If you want to add a tablet or an MP3 player to your system just connect to the AUX input using a mini stereo cable and you are ready to go.
A Lightweight Design with a Quality Yamaha Keyboard
While almost all other keyboard controllers use inexpensive OEM keyboards, the MX features an expertly crafted keyboard that only Yamaha -- the world's largest keyboard manufacturer -- could produce. Weighing only 3.8kg (MX49) or 4.8kg (MX61), either synthesizer can be carried easily with one hand. MX synthesizers have a compact design so they are easy to carry to the gig and also fit easily into today’s compact home music production studios.
The MX series combines Motif XS sounds, USB Audio/MIDI connectivity and advanced DAW/VST controller features at a groundbreaking level of affordability.
- Over 1000 sounds from the MOTIF series
- Equipped with VCM effects
- Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
- 16-Part Multi timbral and 128-note polyphony
- Extensive Hands-On controls for VSTs and DAWs
- Bi-directional USB Audio/MID interfacing
- A complete suite of music production software included
- A lightweight design with a quality Yamaha keyboard
- Complete analog and digital connectivity
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.