A series of compact amplifiers for Bass instruments like nothing you have seen or heard before. These full frequency, extended headroom, integrated combo amps could be used for virtually any amplified instrument but are specifically tuned to the unique needs of Electric and Upright Bassists. Consumers of recorded music have grown accustomed to the improvements in performance and sound resulting from the development of high quality, lower cost electronics. The bass world has enjoyed little benefit from this progress. Warwick's new line of compact Bass Instrument Combo amps is destined to change this by introducing improvements in circuit design, speaker design, manufacturing, and much improved component integration. Our considerations in these amp designs were multifold and our objective is to providen a aspiring bass player's first amp, a seasoned professional's "residential amp" (to be used for practicing and pleasure playing at home), a backstage tune-up/warm-up amp, a teacher's amp where both the student and the teacher can plug in simultaneously while playing musical examples with a music player through the auxiliary input, as well as an amp for rehearsals, where space and sound levels are limited.
Class-A amplifiers are typically more linear and, as such, are less complex than other amplifier classes. The amplifying element is biased so the device is always conducting to some extent. This means the amplifier is always on, avoiding the problem of crossover distortion associated with class-AB and -B designs.
By lowering the impedance inside an electronic circuit you lower the amount of thermal noise. In an amp where you have tone controls that lift mids and highs a considerable amount, proper impedance level makes the difference between enduring audible annoying hiss, and enjoying a pleasant tonal experience.
Distortion occurs when an amplifier works beyond its range, when the power supply cannot supply the power any more to take the amp higher. A common method to control distortion in amps is to use a limiter, a device that stops the signal going beyond a specific level. Audio limiters work by setting a threshold signal level where the circuit kicks in and keeps signal levels within the capabilities of the power supply. This method is not very precise and often causes audible effects such as pumping and thumps. We designed a circuit that instead reads the distortion level in the power amp and starts limiting as soon as the amp shows even miniscule amounts of distortion. This means our amps always stay within 0.3% distortion (THD) when most amps are rated at between 5-10% distortion (that means that to get your 20 Watt out of a 20 Watt amp you will get it audibly distorted and if you want a clean signal the power will be a lot less). The BC 20, 40 and 80 model combos all feature a dual conductor "mini" power cable for easy connectivity, simple travel, benefits of safety, and reduction of ground hum. The dual pin connection has a continuously lifted ground, so no interfering hum can enter the circuit from outside sources. The internal transformer is double encased preventing high voltage from ever causing a safety issue. The power switch is located on the bottom rear of the combo to create maximum proximity separation of high and low voltage circuits within the system, this also reduces the possibility of unwanted noise. These are features that were carefully planned to provide the highest level of safety, quality, performance, and tone. There are desirable types of distortion, but these are not usually associated with transistor amplifiers, but more commonly associated with tube amps and effect pedals. Warwick's goal is to give the user a great, clean sound allowing the user to decide how much, and what kind of distortion to employ. INTEGRATED SPEAKER DESIGN All the speaker drivers and cabinets have been designed in tandem with the electronics to create units that work together efficiently. Careful consideration has been taken to modify all parameters, thereby achieving the best results in sound and performance. All components reflect a custom designed solution to give the end user optimum control over his/her tone, volume and configuration.
- Bass combo
- 20 Watt Power Amp
- 8" Warwick Custom Speaker
- 2" High frequency horn
- Bass reflex Housing
- Rugged metal grill
- Class A Low Noise Preamp
- 3 Way EQ with controls for bass, mid and treble
- DDL (Dynamic Distortion Limiter) for distortion-free reproduction at high levels
- Cooling by air circulation in the bass reflex cabinet.
- No fan noise
- 2 Inputs for active or passive Basses
- The two instrument inputs are suitable for 2 instruments at the same time
- Aux Stereo-Input, Mini jack for connecting MP3 player, CD player etc.
- Integrated headphone amplifier. Aux in stereo signals over headphones in stereo
- Dimensions in mm: (B/H/D) 310 x 390 x 370
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).