WA-67: Another Legend Reborn
The original ’67 became one of the most sought-after and widely-used studio microphones of its time, recording a massive collection of some of the most memorable songs of the last 50 years - we’re talking about classic tracks from artists as varied as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Temptations and Nirvana! The original mics are still sought after, but they can command upwards of $8000 for a pristine unit, putting them far out of reach for most recordists.
Thankfully, Warm Audio has now changed that scenario with the release of the new WA-67! Based around an EF86 pentode tube and having the same smooth and creamy tone of the original, the WA-67 excels at recording just about anything that you put it in front of, and it may immediately become your go-to choice for vocals, guitars, drum toms and overheads, pianos, brass and strings.
Going All Out
At Warm, we’re passionate about killer studio tools and we take our responsibility to our customers seriously. That means that we don’t make “look-alike” gear that doesn’t deliver, and we take considerable time and effort to get as close as possible to both the heart and the soul of an original design. We went to great lengths to recreate the discrete circuit of the original microphone, using boutique components throughout to ensure that nothing got in the way of pure tube magic. The sound and vibe of the original ’67 is recreated in our WA-67, and we take great pride in being able to make such a high-quality microphone available to everyone at an unheard of price.
The Capsule: The Heart of a Microphone
Even if you stuff a microphone full of premium components, if the capsule isn’t right, nothing is - it’s that critical. Knowing this we went to great lengths to recreate the capsule from the original ’67, making sure that ours performs the same way, has the same frequency response and contributes to the same chewy character as the original. That meant not only ensuring that the hole pattern was identical, but we also made sure to craft the entire assembly out of brass (including the mounting rings) just like the original design. It takes more time and it’s more expensive than using multiple types of material, but we felt that it was critical to go the extra mile on this microphone. The results speak for themselves - the WA-67 sounds absolutely stellar!
The Guts and the Glory
The EF-86 tube is well-known in the industry for having characteristics that are consistently flattering to audio sources, and it’s one of the reasons why the original ’67 microphone remains sought after (and why some modern audio manufacturers use it in their own hyper-expensive microphones and preamps). We knew that it was critical to get absolutely right in the WA-67, and we’re thrilled with the results.
Going even further, in order to accentuate and complement the custom capsule and EF86 tube, we used top-shelf components to complete our version of the original circuit. We used high-bandwidth polystyrene capacitors, as well as boutique polypropylene caps from Wima and a large output capacitor from Solen. Just as important in a tube design, we also used a custom large-core transformer from Lundahl in Sweden, which plays a significant role in the buttery smooth high frequency response and huge three-dimensional sound of the WA-67. The microphone is also encased in a beautiful nickel-plated brass body and headbasket, which provides strength, additional shielding from extraneous handling noise and the ultimate in audio performance.
Last but not certainly not least, the quality of the 7-pin cable that connects a tube mic to its power supply is also of paramount importance - it carries both audio signals and voltage for the tube on different pins, which means that it plays an integral role in the performance of the microphone. That’s why we’ve partnered with high-end manufacturer Gotham Audio of Switzerland to use their high-end GAC-7 cable with the WA-67. This special cable is integral to the sound and performance of the microphone, and adds the finishing touch to the WA-67 system.
- Large diaphragm studio condenser microphone
- Faithful re-creation of the classic ’67-style pentode tube circuit
- EF86 pentode tube for creamy smooth clarity and brilliance
- Custom large-core transformer from Lundahl Sweden
- Custom all-brass large K67-style vintage capsule re-creation
- Gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm, 6 microns thick
- High-bandwidth polystyrene capacitors
- Boutique capacitors from Wima and Solen
- Nickel-plated brass microphone body and headbasket for ultimate acoustic performance
- Premium 7-pin tube cable from Gotham Switzerland
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-of-Eight
- Switchable hi-pass filter
- Switchable -10 db pad
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1kilohms
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 17 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138 dB
- Signal to noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Microphone includes: wood box, shockmount, hardmount, power supply, 7-pin mic cable
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).