- Utilizes a CineMag USA Transformer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Fully Discrete Vintage-style Signal Path
- Vintage Capsule Reproduction
- Package Includes: Microphone, Cardioid Capsule, Shock-mount, Mic Clip, Windscreen and Carrying Case
- 48V Phantom powered
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB or 11mV/Pa @ 1kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kΩ
- Pad: 0db or -10db
- Maximum SPL: 123/133dB @ 1kHz, 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise: 16dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic Range: 107dBA (IEC651)
- Connector: 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
- Weight: 122g each
- Finish: Nickel
The WA-84 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuitry. The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-84 has a very LARGE sound for it’s small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag transformer in it’s signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease of design and a lower-cost manufacturing process. When designing the WA-84 we chose to go the extra mile and tackle a more boutique design known for it’s it’s crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound.
We are proud to offer something special to the market-place by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that we feel sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique tone.
The WA-84 utilizes a custom vintage-style capsule designed to emulate classic componentry and design techniques. The WA-84’s capsule is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule supplier and is precisely reproduced to vintage specs. We are pleased to offer such a high quality capsule in this microphone which allows us to nail the sonics of the most important component of any microphone.
The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET.
The WA-84 utilizes an American made CineMag USA transformer that contributes to the legendary creamy smooth top-end and the BEEFY mid to bottom-end one would hope to get from an 84-style small diaphragm condenser microphone.
The WA-84 proudly utilizes Wima, polystyrene and tantalum through-hole capacitors throughout.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).