Like everyone else, Brian Wampler has always G.A.S.'d after certain amps from history. One of the amps that's always been high on his personal wish list is a Marshall "JTM-45®". That historic British stack tone that provided the foundations of rock.
Now, not many people know that Brian is in fact a huge fan of rock music… Classic rock music… Rock music that was born of a great guitarist, playing a great guitar into a great amp.
All of this came to a head when a band mate of his inherited a "JTM-45®". That, as they say, was it. Brian had to have that tone. Most people would see that as a cue to get their credit card out and crawl the net in the hope of finding one that wasn't going to cost him and arm and a leg, but not Brian, there was only one thing for it. Design a pedal that could give him that tone from his gear, and anyone else's gear if possible.
Have slaved over the breadboard forever, tweaking everything (and perfecting his AC/DC and Hendrix riffs along the way), he had it. The ultimate M.I.A.B. ("Marshall®" in a box), the ultimate tone from the original amp of rock, from his own gear.
Designed to sit somewhere between the "JTM-45®" and "Marshall 18®", this pedal will allow you to have that massive stack tone, full of poweramp tone from your rig. With the added option of the bass boost, you can emulate the sound (and trouser flapping) thump of a 4x12" (or two) at the flick of a switch. All of this available from you gear, whether it be in a bedroom or at a gig.
This pedal remains a favourite of Brian's to this day, and he still uses it most gigs. For a man who is said to be never satisfied with his tone, the Plexi-Drive has stayed with him throughout and it is still making him smile years later.
Your search for a M.I.A.B. is over. There is only one pedal that gives you that tone, that crunch, that response and that feeling.
There is only one PlexiDrive, and Wampler Pedals bring it to you. So, as they say... For those about to Rock, we salute you...
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning pedal:
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Power draw: 4mA
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- JFET circuitry mimics tube gain, response, and sound of an old Plexi style amp
- 3 Knobs: tone, volume, and gain
- Bass bost switch to add 4x12" thump
- 2.5" x 4.5" in size (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).