• Hand made in the U.S.A.
• High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
• Completely true bypass
• Power draw: 17mA
• Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
• Built to Brent's specs exactly
• 2 separate pedals in one box, each with their own gain structure - volume|tone|gain (clean blend on channel 1)
• Bass boost switch on each channel (2 extra stages)
• 4.5” x 4.5” in size (114.3mm x 114.3mm)
• Brent's personal pedal is the exact same as the ones we build for everyone
• Both channels can be used at the same time for ultimate “stacking” tones
Most people think they’ve never heard of Brent Mason. We would bet that although you may not recognize the name, chances are huge that you have heard him. Brent is, without doubt, the number 1 session musician working out of Nashville and has been since the early 1990’s.
If you have seen ‘Friends’, ‘Bridget Jones Diary’ or ‘Becker’… Or listened to Shania Twain, Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson, George Strait or any other of the hundreds of artists that call Brent first when they need a guitar player on their recording, you’ve heard him. It’s getting to the point now where Brent is probably one of the most recorded guitar players in history.
Not only is he a now a legendary studio figure, but also a renowned composer and songwriter. His compositions have been used in countless films, TV shows and commercials. His solo albums, in particular “Hot Wired” (from which this pedal got its name) has become almost mythical in its reputation for guitar tone and quality of musicianship. With Brent, you will not believe it until you hear it.
Built on the foundations of v1, v2 stands alone in terms of versatility. The studio scene in Nashville has changed over the last few years, so we had to change the Hot Wired to mirror the industry Brent works in. As you probably already know, v1 was geared towards all out chickin' pickin' and beyond - v2 brings you a broader range of subtlety in channel 1 that mirrors Brent's work today. You can still find the chickin' pickin' tones, but you can also find a deeper, warmer overdrive section that will allow you to play as smooth as you like. With the added blend control, you won't believe how fat your tone can be without it sounding too overdriven. Channel 2 still has the same "Plexi" flavor that Brent loves.
Two pedals in one (overdrive and distortion), this is without doubt one of the most versatile pedals available today. One channel has all your overdrive needs, from a gentle break up to all out crunch, the other gives you dirt... Loads of fat, creamy distortion that is tonally perfect from top to bottom. If need be you can stack them both together for a huge, huge sound.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).