A lot of people say "I don't want to squash my tone and remove all of my playing expression", which is a fair point if you have a lower quality compressor or it's not set up properly, but a quick look at professional guitar players rigs and most of them will have compression in it, so, that would lead us to believe that compression is actually imperative to a lot of players.
So, what does it do..? Fundamentally, it adds an element of control to your playing level – it will bring the quieter parts up and the louder parts down. A great tube amp when driven into its sweet spot will do this, a compressor can bring you that control but a great compressor will give you that feel as well. Many budget compressors give you the squash and squeeze of a driven amp, but you tend to lose all of your playing dynamics, all of your expression.
The Ego Compressor will take that element of squash and squeeze, but will allow you to be able to control the effect so that your playing can shine through. It has been said before that the mark of a great compressor is that you can forget you have it on.
When Brian designed this pedal, the word that kept coming back to him was "transparency". The way the Ego has been designed, there is no coloration of your sound. The tone and blend controls allow you to balance the effect in such a way your signal path sounds so pure when the reality is that the pedal is working extra hard to make your playing tick like clockwork.
Now, if you are not familiar witn the Ego Compressor, you will probably be thinking "What's a blend control?". The blend is a dry mix, that sweeps between a fully effected signal to zero effect across the sweep of the pot. There will be a point in that sweep that allows you all the compression you need to even out your playing, increase your sustain (if you want it) but without any detraction from you playing attack and feel. That, previously was just a dream, but now; that is a reality. When this amazingly simple yet devastatingly effective control is added with the tone control (that can add a little sparkle to the tone), when this pedal is used as "an effect" rather than as an "always on" (to control your solos or to fatten up your rhythms), a little extra bit of sparkle allows your guitar to sit in that place in the band mix that you have been trying to fit into but couldn't quite find. Just a littler higher, a little sweeter in the mix.
This is the effect that you probably didn't realize you needed, but once you have used once, cannot imagine living without.
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning pedal:
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Power draw: 33mA
- Five controls - volume, sustain, attack, tone and blend
- NOT a clone or copy of any other product on the market
- Blend control allows you to get sustain only - no noticeable effect on the attack of the note (great for playing with distortion)
- Tone control adds in high frequencies giving you plenty of clarity and 'jangle'
- 3.5" x 4.5" (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & FinancingLayaways
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).
- 6 Month Interest Free Financing is available via Paypal's Bill Me Later Program which is available upon checkout.
- For a longer financing term, contact your Guitar Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 and we'll be happy to get you pre-approved for financing terms. Up to 5 year payment terms are available!