The first in the Mako series, the D1 is a powerful multi-function delay with five, studio grade, high-fidelity, custom tuned programs. The programs are Digital, Mod, Vintage, Dual and Reverse. Each can be tuned and tweaked with modulation, tone, age, and subdivisions. The attack knob adds another dynamic to each program, opening up a new world for creating soundscapes. The D1 boasts stereo in and out, midi control and on-board presets. A workhorse of a delay that is just as ready for the road as it is the studio.
Each program can be fully customized to your taste and playing style with the Tweak knob. Flip the toggle switch to Mod to bring in a tasteful modulation to your delay trails. Tone will brighten or darken your delay trails. Age will add some grit and wear reminiscent of vintage delay units. Subdivisions can be easily changed between quarter, eighth and dotted eighth.
The Attack knob will soften the attack of the echoes. Dreamy and ethereal soundscapes can be created with higher repeat and attack settings.
Digital - The Digital delay program offers a clean and crystal-clear delay that is perfect for rhythmic guitar parts where ultra-defined echoes are desired.
Mod - The Mod delay progam has unique modulation LFOs applied to the repeats that are random and run at multiple rates to create unpredictable pitch modulation. This results in very unique sounding repeats perfect for warping minds and scattering trains of thought.
Vintage – The Vintage program allows for analog delay inspired tones to be achieved with complex filtering applied to the repeats. Use the tone knob at low settings for darker filtering and at higher settings to roll off low end.
Dual - The Dual program employs two delays in parallel, each with different time divisions. When connected in mono, the two delays are added together. When connected in stereo, one set of repeats is sent to the left output and one set is sent to the right. The division switch has unique functionality in Dual mode. We’ll break it down for you below:
- In the quarter note position, the D1 offers 1/4 note and 1/4 triplet repeats.
- In the eighth note position, the D1 offers 1/8 note and 1/4 triplet repeats.
- In the dotted eighth note position, the D1 offers 1/4 note and .1/8 repeats.
Reverse - The Reverse program reads the delay memory backwards creating a unique delay repeat character known as reverse delay.
The D1 is capable of saving up to nine on-board presets and up to 128 are accessible via midi. Onboard presets are accessible with the bank switch. Cycle between presets in each bank by pressing bypass and tap at the same time. You will see the tap LED change from Red to Green to Blue. Any adjustments made in a preset will change the tap LED to purple to show that you have edited the preset. Refer to the manual for accessing and saving presets via midi.
Bypass and Tempo Modes
The D1 has three different bypass modes. True bypass, DSP+True Bypass (trails), and DSP Bypass. The D1 offers global and preset tempo modes. Global mode keeps the tempo the same when changing presets. Preset tempo will use the delay time that was stored when the preset was saved. Refer to the manual for more info on switching modes.
Press and hold the bypass switch to ramp up the repeats of the delay. Release to set the feedback back to the knob location.
- The D1 comes in an anodized silver finish with black, dark green, red, orange and purple ink.
- The enclosure’s exact size with knobs is 4.9” x 2.52” x 2.64”. Power requirements are 9VDC (300mA minimum).
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals. Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended. Power supply not included.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).