Tube and solid-state, vintage and modern, clean and dirty – the new VR Series has it all. Now, for the first time in VOX's 50-plus-year history, you can channel switch between legendary VOX tones and higher gain modern tones, all powered by Valve Reactor real tube technology and at a price that will pleasantly surprise you!
Originally designed for the critically acclaimed Valvetronix modelling amplifiers, the Valve Reactor circuit places a 12AX7 vacuum tube (or "valve") into the power stage. Known as a dual-triode tube, the 12AX7 is actually two tubes in one. Our engineers have configured this tube to act as a small power amplifier. This circuit provides all of the tonality and feel of an all tube amp. Too small to be used as an amplifier on its own, the output of this Valve Reactor circuit is fed to a high-quality solid state power amp that adds no tone coloration to the signal. This power amplifier also has some special circuits that feed the changing loudspeaker impedance information back to the Valve Reactor. This last interaction of tube, amp, and speaker provides the lively sound and feel that defines an all tube amplifier.
The AC15VR amp offer great tone, versatility, and stylish VOX looks, in two popular combo configurations ready to take you from the bedroom to any stage anywhere.
Using an "old-school" split-panel design, the AC15VR offers two distinct channels- Normal and Overdrive-with the Overdrive channel adding a separate Gain knob. In addition, the overdrive Style button delivers two distinctive flavours.
In addition to the Master Volume and Master Reverb, both channels of the AC15VR (Normal and Overdrive) share the same Treble and Bass tone controls. As with the AC30VR, the Overdrive channel features a Gain knob to add just the right amount of warmth and snarl to your sound. The 15 watt power amp feeds into a single 12" custom-designed Celestion speaker for attention-grabbing tone.
The AC15VR's back panel features an external speaker jack for use with an 8 ohm extension cabinet. Using an extension cabinet will mute the internal speaker. Also provided is a jack for the optional VOX VFS2 dual footswitch, which offers hands-free channel-switching and reverb on/off action.
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning instrument:
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 602 x 265 x 456 mm (23.70 x 10.43 x 17.95 inches)
- Weight: 16.4 kg (36.16 pounds)
- Output Power: 15 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms
- Speaker: 1x 12", 8 Ohm VX12 Celestion custom speaker
- Inputs: Input jack, Footswitch jack
- Outputs: External LoudSpeaker jack
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).