- 88 x 160 x 31mm (3.46 x 6.30 x 1.22”); 590 grams (1.3 lbs.) - weight and dimensions of power supply only, not including cables or packaging.
The 1 SPOT Pro CS6 can be used anywhere in the world without the use of a step-up or step-down transformer. Like our 1 SPOT, it transforms wall voltage from 100-240Vac, and converts it into the stated voltages on the bottom of the unit.
The 1 SPOT Pro CS6 includes a generous assortment of cables and converter plugs. The cables are of various lengths, color-coded for easy cable management and with right angle plugs on the pedal end.
Power cables (all are center pin negative polarity):
- 1) DC26 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 26” (660mm) – Purple
- (1) DC22 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 22” (559mm) – Blue
- (1) DC18 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 18” (457mm) – White
- (3) DC12 (5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs; 12” (305mm) – Yellow
- (1) MC2 Two 5.5x2.1mm barrel plugs with 5.5x2.1mm input socket.
- (1) CL6 – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, 5.5x2.5 barrel output; reverse polarity)
- Green – for Line 6 DL4/M9/etc. and some Eventide pedals.
- (1) CYR – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, 5.5x2.1 barrel output; reverse polarity)
- Red – reverse polarity converter
- (1) C35 – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, 3.5mm male output; tip positive)
- Black – 3.5mm (1/8”) plug converter
- (1) CBAT – (5.5x2.1mm barrel input, Black battery clip output) Connects to battery clip wires inside pedals that do not have DC jacks. Do NOT connect to a battery.
- Outputs 1-2: 9VDC (500mA)
- Outputs 3-4: 9VDC or 18VDC (100mA)
- Outputs 5-6: 9VDC or 12VDC (200mA
“A lot of people over the years had told us that we should make a power brick. Even some of my own staff urged me to do it, but I didn’t want to for two reasons. First, I knew the 1 SPOT could power just about every pedal out there, so I didn’t see the need. Second, I didn’t want to make just another knock-off of someone else’s power brick. If we were going to make one, we were going to do it our way and have features that nobody else could offer. As pedal designs changed and it became more common for digital pedals to require isolation and for others to need something other than 9Vdc, I finally saw a reason for us to design a power brick.”
“It took 3 years and lots of experimentation, but we were finally able to design a 1 SPOT Pro, using our own proprietary technology to give musicians all the features they need for today’s pedalboards. The original 1 SPOT still works great for most musicians, but for those who need more power and versatility, the 1 SPOT Pro fills the need perfectly.” - Bob Weil
Introducing the Low-Profile CS6
Following on the tremendous success of the 1 SPOT Pro CS7 and CS12, Truetone presents the most powerful slim-line power supply in its class, the 1 SPOT Pro CS6. Utilizing the energy efficient technology found in all 1 SPOT’s, the CS6 is the first low-profile power brick to be able to put out up to 1600mA of pure, silent power. Just like its bigger brothers in the 1 SPOT Pro line, the CS6 has a variety of DC voltages available to power just about any pedal on the market. Each output is completely isolated, regulated and filtered, eliminating crosstalk and noise. With no big transformer to hinder their performance, proximity noise is not an issue with any 1 SPOT Pro. The low-profile design of the 1 SPOT Pro CS6 allows it to be mounted under flat pedalboards like the Pedaltrain® Nano and Metro series. However, the compact design is also perfect for mounting on top of pedalboards, serving the dual role of a power supply and pedal riser.
what does that mean and why should I care? Technically, it’s switching power supply technology, which is very different than what anyone has ever put inside a power brick. Normally, you would find just a big transformer and a handful of small electronic components inside a power brick… old tech that hasn’t changed in decades and has a lot of limitations. We took the same switching power supply technology found in our famous 1 SPOT and scaled it up to make the 1 SPOT Pro models. With much more space to work with, we were able to completely eliminate noise, provide total electrical isolation between outputs, create multiple voltages, and still give you the ability to use it anywhere in the world.
A major benefit of using a switching power supply is that it can handle far more current (power being pulled out of it) than any transformer-based power supply. Although we had to put power rating labels on each output to satisfy certification agencies (yes, we actually certified these, unlike most companies), the outputs can generally handle far more than the label shows. For example, you can connect a 300mA pedal to a 200mA output, without causing any problems. With a transformer-based power supply, you can’t get away with that. The important thing is to not exceed the total of all the labels. With a CS7, the output labels add up to 1900mA total. That means the total current draw of all your pedals should be less than 1900mA. That total current rating is roughly double the current load of the most common power brick, for a lot less money.
We recognize that not all guitar pedals run off 9V. That’s why all 1 SPOT Pro models have outputs that can put out 9Vdc, 12Vdc or 18Vdc. The CS12 even has a variable voltage output for old-style fuzz pedals, and a 9Vac output for certain Line6 and Digitech pedals. And if you need to change the voltage of an output, Truetone also makes inexpensive converter cables to help you. There’s the Voltage Doubler, which does exactly what its name says, and the 18V to 9V Converter... which also does what its name says. They don’t have the most clever names, but they get the job done.
Worldwide input voltage
Just like with the original 1 SPOT, (and your laptop power supply and phone charger), the 1 SPOT Pro uses switching power supply technology which allows you to use it anywhere in the world.
The 1 SPOT Pro won’t leave you stranded at your first international gig.
Rugged Steel Housing
If you’re a touring musician, or even if you just play at the local pub regularly, you know how important it is to have road-worthy gear. No worries with the 1 SPOT Pro. The housing is all steel, with cleverly designed vents that should keep out the accidental beer spill, should that ever happen. And the CS6 is completely sealed for extra protection.
Since pioneering the first switching power supply for musicians, the original 1 SPOT, we’ve gained many years of experience in creating very low noise power for pedals. When we started designing the 1 SPOT Pro, the first multiple output switching power supply, we worried a lot about how to eliminate noise completely. Isolation is part of the solution to noise elimination, but not all of it. Each output is galvanically isolated from the other to help give you pure, clean, noise-free operation of your pedals. However, we also provided an additional layer of pure analog regulation, taking advantage of the greater ability of analog circuits to provide the highest possible suppression of in-band audio noise. There is an artistry involved in these designs, and it’s come at the price of decades of hard work. But all of this put together is what we call Pure Isolation.
Prior to the 1 SPOT, musicians either used one linear power supply (a.k.a. wall wart) per pedal, or used batteries. Both solutions for powering pedals were very inefficient with energy, with batteries also contributing greatly to the toxic waste stream. In 2000, we pioneered the use of switching power supply technology to alleviate this condition in an economically-, energy- and environmentally-conservative way. The 1 SPOT power supply was designed to replace many such external power supplies and/or batteries simultaneously. It provided plenty of power with a very low noise level to successfully meet the needs of musicians. By offering musicians a solution that was more cost effective and energy efficient, and moving the market away from linear transformer-based power supplies to switching power supplies, Truetone has caused the saving of thousands of watt-hours per musician per year. Utilizing a more comprehensive switching power supply solution, the 1 SPOT Pro sets a new level of efficiency for power bricks, while still meeting the needs of musicians for low noise operation, even in severe conditions where the pedals themselves may generate interfering noise.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).