- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i5 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 2.5 Ghz and 4 Core minimum. For 4k, 7th Generation Intel Core i7 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 3.0 Ghz and 8 Core minimum
- RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum (16 GB recommended; 32 GB recommended for 4K)
- Hard drive space: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- Other: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions. Program requires one-time registration.
- English, Deutsch, Español, Francais
- NVIDIA: For hardware rendering (NVEnc): NVIDIA® GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4 GB
- AMD/ATI: AMD/ATI® Radeon with 4 GB and VCE 3.0 or higher (Radeon Pro series with 8 GB for HDR and 32 bit projects)
- Intel: Intel® GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher
- Video: HEVC/H.265, AVC/H.264, MP4, MOV, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, AVI, WMV, XAVC-S, XAVC, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD 422, XDCAM ProDisc, HDCAM SR, MPEG IMX, DV, HDV, AVCHD, Panasonic P2, Red RAW, Apple ProRes
- Audio: AIF, AAC, MP2, MP3, M4A, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA, FLAC
- Image: BMP, GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF, DPX, OpenEXR, WDP, DNG
- Other: AAF, Premiere/After Effects (*.prproj), Final Cut Pro 7/ DaVinci Resolve (*.xml), Final Cut Pro X (*.fcpxml), EDL Text File (*.txt), Broadcast Wave Format, DVD Camcorder Disc, Closed Captioning
- Video: HEVC/H.265, AVC/H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MAGIX Intermediate, Sony XAVC-S, Sony XAVC, Sony MXF, Sony HDCAM SR, Panasonic P2, XDCAM EX
- Audio: AIF, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA, FLAC
- Image: BMP, PNG, JPG, TIFF, DPX, OpenEXR
- Other: VEGAS Project Archive (*.veg, *.vf), Pro Tools AAF File (*.aaf), Media Composer AAF File (*.aaf), Premiere/After Effects (*.prproj), Final Cut Pro 7/DaVinci Resolve (*.xml), Final Cut Pro X (*.fcpxml), EDL Text File (*.txt), XDCAM Disc
Download code will be emailed to you within one business day of purchase. Due to the nature of software sales, digital downloads are non-refundable.
Fast. Flexible. Innovative. Video editing with VEGAS Pro 17
VEGAS Pro 17 is here to make your video production more efficient than ever before. Explore multiple nested timelines, industry-leading HDR editing tools, and an easy-to-use, yet powerful color grading workflow. In combination with over 30 new features, VEGAS Pro 17 provides comprehensive workflow improvements that will supercharge your video production.
Editing. Work smarter, not harder.
Nobody edits faster than a passionate creative with VEGAS Pro at hand. The timeline editing tools make editing fast and easy. But more importantly, they bring out your creativity, because ideas flow freely when you're not preoccupied by clumsy editing tools. No NLE enables you to edit, think and create more effectively than VEGAS Pro.
Color Grading. Simple as a brush.
Powerful, professional-level color grading tools empower you to do your best work, and the color grading workflow in VEGAS Pro provides fast, powerful, flexible options for everything you need to do. Provide the final perfect look of your film, even in HDR.
Special Effects. Enlighten your viewers.
With complete support for Open FX plug-ins, VEGAS Pro features a wide range of built-in effects and can use your third-party effects from the industry's top plug-in Manufactures. With the ability to create effects chains at four different levels that can include up to 32 plug-ins per chain, you have all the room you'll ever need to get as creative as you want.
Audio Editing. Set the tone.
A great film needs great sound to underscore and intensify your visuals and create a moving auditory experience for your audience. VEGAS Pro provides a complete audio environment with tools for professional audio editing. With full VST interface support, dozens of effects and real-time rendering, no other NLE provides a digital audio workstation feature set as robust as the tools in VEGAS Pro.
Final Delivery. Render, don't surrender.
All your hard work would mean nothing without the ability to deliver it in the formats you need...and as quickly as possible. VEGAS Pro offers tons of delivery options and makes it easy to choose the most common formats and templates, or completely customize your project renders. You'll always hit your target delivery no matter what the final output requirements.
VEGAS Pro 17 once again stands out as an innovative leader when it comes to non-linear editing. The modern user interface delivers a completely customizable experience that provides the ultimate in flexibility. Innovative approaches and editing tools speed up your workflow and make you more efficient and ultimately more creative. Focus on your creativity, not your tools.
Turn shaky footage into smooth, pro quality video. The video stabilization engine has been rebuilt on our own from the ground up with state-of-the-art technology, resulting in a feature that is easy to use and one that gets you smooth results every time.
Planar Motion Tracking
Not every object sits square to the camera. Your motion tracking should account for that. Now, Planar Motion Tracking does. Track and pin text or apply color grading to objects moving in perspective, turning toward you or away from you and changing dimensions as perspective changes. Objects not square to your camera? Use Planar Motion Tracking.
Organize projects and speed up your workflow with nested timelines that you create from any events in your main timeline. And you can still access your nested timelines as independent projects, so it's easy to share a portion of your project with a colleague while you maintain control over the master project.
Smart Split Edit
Removing sections of clips means one thing: jump cuts. Now, VEGAS has you covered with Smart Split. Choose the section you want to remove, and Smart Split not only removes it, but transitions the remaining events together and hides the jump cut with the new Warp Flow transition. A great, easy way to hide jump cuts.
Dynamic storyboard and timeline interaction
The dynamic storyboard workflow might just change the way you edit from now on. Quickly assemble rough cuts and alternate versions in an uncomplicated storyboard environment. Changes made to the main storyboard are reflected instantaneously in the timeline. In reverse, edits on the timeline can be synchronized to the storyboard with only one click, or automatically. Additional storyboards can also be created and used for experimental edits, alternate sequencing, or to keep track of different sections within your video.
Bézier Masking OFX-Plug-in
With the powerful, flexible Bézier Masking plug-in, you can create up to five different masks, choosing from oval, rectangle or custom shapes. These can then either cut a section of the video out to reveal different video beneath, or have an effect applied within them – such as color grading or blur – making it possible to blur someone's face while leaving the rest of the video in focus. Tied in with the new motion tracker the mask can move along with an object during the course of the video.
Lens correction plug-in
For quick and easy removal of lens distortions, the new Lens Correction plugin leverages an extensive list of known lens profiles to automatically correct common distortions like fisheye. Just choose your camera from the list for automatic correction. Or, use manual control to correct for lenses not on the list.
Improved Picture-in-Picture OFX plug-in
Adjust and stretch your Picture-in-Picture video in flexible new ways with the improved PIP plugin. You could always keep your video’s aspect ratio, but now you have more options for changing it – into any parallelogram with opposite sides always parallel, or as any four-sided shape by adjusting the corners individually.
Automatic Slideshow Creator
The Automatic Slideshow Creator makes photo montages quick and easy. Just select your images, make some decisions about format, transitions, and duration, and generate and insert a slideshow right to your timeline. A powerful and convenient tool for all types of videographers.
Visualize Stabilization motion tracks
Stabilization can be a bit of a “dark art.” But now the Motion Track visualization tool helps take the mystery out of establishing your optimal stabilization settings. Activate the visualizations to provide an analysis of the video's motion so you can decide what settings will give the best results.
Stabilization on event level
Does your footage have a case of the shakes that makes it unusable? No problem. Now streamline your workflow even more than ever with world-class video stabilization on the timeline at the event level. No more waiting for an entire media clip to process. Quickly stabilize only what you need.
Now record multiple computer screens and audio sources simultaneously with the Integrated Screen Capture utility. Import captured files straight to your VEGAS timeline, where it's completely synchronized and ready to edit. Perfect for video streams, instructional videos, and more.
Add missing stream
Sometimes your project contains either the video or audio portion of a video clip on the timeline and you decide that you want the other portion too. This feature instantly finds the missing portion, creates an event for it and synchronizes it to the existing portion.
Edit multicamera productions intuitively and efficiently with VEGAS Pro. Switch between a virtually unlimited number of video sources with a keyboard command or a click of your mouse. Easily transform a multicam track into an individual event for detailed editing.
Apply velocity envelopes from 100% reverse speed up to 1,000% (10x-speed) forward speed.
Time Stretch/Compress Shuffle Editing
CTRL+drag an event edge to stretch or compress playback.
Fast, smooth time-line editing. Quickly overlap timeline clip events to instantly create a crossfade between them.
Crop OFX plug-in
Get instant real-time feedback as you crop still photos or video frames with controls directly on the Video Preview window.
Extensive backup file options
VEGAS Pro has a comprehensive list of file backup options. You can back up your work after a set time (determined in minutes, hours or days); save the current project after every edit and also save a backup file (or number of backups) after every edit. All backups can be saved to the same folder as the project file, a temporary location or any user-specified location.
Complete HDR color support
Work with industry-leading HDR tools in VEGAS Pro. Grade your colors with HDR grading tools while previewing in HDR either within VEGAS or on external HDR hardware. All powered by GPU-based open color I/O processing and with new ACES 1.1 color standards. HDR10 and HLG support from beginning to end.
Unified Color Grading workflow
You’ve always had access to powerful color-grading tools in VEGAS. Now, your color-correction workflow is more efficient and logical than ever in the new color grading panel. Take advantage of an easy, flexible, customizable layout of the most important color tools and work more quickly than ever before.
Improved Color Curves
Color curves are an indispensable tool for professionals, and now VEGAS Pro features even more powerful curves. We’ve added automatic color balance to our color curves tool. Apply automatic corrections with the option for manual control to adjust your colors fully as desired.
Easily save your color grading settings as a LUT in .cube format, and apply it to multiple clips in your project, or use it in an entirely different project. Make your color grading faster and more efficient than ever. Even share your color grading settings with members of your team.
Improved White Balance Tool
Adding to an arsenal of powerful color correction tools, the new, improved White Balance tool helps you dial in the perfect white balance with high precision and flexibility. Save footage from improper white balance more powerfully than ever before, or subtly adjust balance for dramatic effects.
Match colors between clips in the highly versatile and powerful L*a*b* color space. Select a preset or use control elements to easily select an image for custom optimization.
AutoLooks OFX plug-ins
Give your videos that Hollywood look! With just a few clicks, you can add the atmosphere, feel, and look of famous films, movie genres, film stocks, or particular movie-making eras to your video. Take your viewers on a journey into a whole new realm
Comprehensive S-Log workflow
VEGAS Pro supports S-Log and other advanced color space technology so you can take advantage of the wide color spaces of the most modern video cameras from all manufacturers.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).