Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII SOLO Recording Interface
Next-Generation Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound and QUAD Core Processing.
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin MkII starts with two Unison™-enabled mic preamps and stellar next-generation A/D and D/A conversion derived from UA’s flagship Apollo 8, 8p, and 16. Together with its included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins — which you can track through in real time with UAD-2 SOLO, DUO or QUAD Core processing — Apollo Twin MkII is born to make records.
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
- Mix with UAD plug‑ins like the included Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610‑B Preamp
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley and more using Unison technology
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, SSL, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo Twin MkII features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, SSL, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 SOLO, DUO, or QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic<br>Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin MkII lets you tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,† it’s like having an endless analog studio, right on your desktop. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record records by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music and Electronic Musician — as well as the prestigious 2016 TEC Award for computer audio hardware.
Improved Monitoring and Built‑In Talkback Mic
The new Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII's scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Build a Networked Studio
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Twin MkII makes the perfect intelligent desktop controller for a full Apollo system.
Now with Vintage Amps and Stompboxes
Apollo Twin MkII also includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input, giving you access to dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes like the Ibanez Tube Screamer.
A Sleek, Low-latency App
With Apollo Twin MkII's Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Apollo Twin Setup
Learn to use Apollo Twin as producer/engineer Fab Dupont (Jennifer Lopez, Mark Ronson) demonstrates basic setup, routing, and recording with UAD plug‑ins.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.