Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII SOLO Recording Interface
Next-Generation Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound and QUAD Core Processing.
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin MkII starts with two Unison™-enabled mic preamps and stellar next-generation A/D and D/A conversion derived from UA’s flagship Apollo 8, 8p, and 16. Together with its included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins — which you can track through in real time with UAD-2 SOLO, DUO or QUAD Core processing — Apollo Twin MkII is born to make records.
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
- Mix with UAD plug‑ins like the included Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610‑B Preamp
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley and more using Unison technology
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, SSL, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo Twin MkII features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, SSL, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 SOLO, DUO, or QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic<br>Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin MkII lets you tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,† it’s like having an endless analog studio, right on your desktop. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record records by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music and Electronic Musician — as well as the prestigious 2016 TEC Award for computer audio hardware.
Improved Monitoring and Built‑In Talkback Mic
The new Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII's scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Build a Networked Studio
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Twin MkII makes the perfect intelligent desktop controller for a full Apollo system.
Now with Vintage Amps and Stompboxes
Apollo Twin MkII also includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input, giving you access to dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes like the Ibanez Tube Screamer.
A Sleek, Low-latency App
With Apollo Twin MkII's Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Apollo Twin Setup
Learn to use Apollo Twin as producer/engineer Fab Dupont (Jennifer Lopez, Mark Ronson) demonstrates basic setup, routing, and recording with UAD plug‑ins.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).