Booster – Overdrive – Distortion
For many years we have wanted to create a truly mind blowing overdrive – distortion pedal that would be small and practical yet would offer huge powerful tones, natural feel and flexibility. And of course to do that we needed reference. So we decided to combine all the good stuff found in the legendary pedals Timmy™, Blues Breaker™ and KOT™, and try to come up with that extra something that would take things even further.
After a long period of modifying and prototyping and countless hours of testing and swapping ICs, capacitors and diodes, we finally had something really good in our hands. But it wasn’t enough…
Not willing to stop experimenting until we had a pedal that would really speak to us in the studio and on stage, we decided to completely nerd out and try some unconventional methods. It was during this process that we discovered something really innovative!
Looking for that magic ingredient, we decided to think out of the box and removed all the capacitors from the audio path (coupling capacitors), which resulted in a more natural feel than ever before and respect to the original tone of the guitar without any added compression or color that would be coming from the coupling capacitors.
By applying what we call cap-less technology®, you can really hear the character of your instrument and consequently your own hands!
We are very proud to introduce the first cap-less® pedal called Six!
The name of the pedal comes from its six different modes, select-able by the 6 position rotary switch:
1. Booster (BS)
2. Overdrive 1 (OD1)
3. Overdrive 2 (OD2)
4. Distortion 1 (DS1)
5. Distortion 2 (DS2)
6. Overdrive 1 into Distortion 2 (OD1 + DS2)
The Six BOD is powered by a 9V supply (center-), and features an advanced internal power supply with voltage doubler. There is a voltage switch that allows you to select between 9V or 18V, even though you’ll always be using an external 9V supplier. Just like with tube amps, increasing the voltage means more headroom. At 18V, the pedal behaves more like an amplifier with tons of headroom and a slight difference in the Overdrive and Distortion modes, which tend to have more clarity. At 9V it sounds “dirtier” even at lower volume and in Booster mode it starts to break up more easily.
- Handmade in Athens, Greece
- True Bypass
- 6 modes select-able by a rotary switch
- Toggle switch for 9V – 18V
- 1 Heavy Duty On/Off Foot-switch
- Power supply : regulated 9V (center -)
- Max power consumption : 10mA @ 9V DC
- Heavy duty & light weight aluminum box
- Dimensions : 60mm(Width) x 112mm(Length) x 50mm(Height)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).