- Tom Anderson Guitarworks Raven Superbird
- Transparent Amber Burst
- Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck - Natural Satin Finish
- Rosewood Fretboard | 12"-14" Compound Radius
- 22 Stainless Steel Low-Rise Frets
- 24.75" Scale Length
- Happy Medium Neck Shape | 1 11/16" Nut Width
- PH1 and PH3 Hum-Cancelling Open-Face Pickups
- 3-Way Pickup Selector
- 2-Cut Switches - For a more biting, lower output, single-coil tone
- Vintage Tremolo Bridge
- Locking Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- Hardshell Black Tolex Case
- Serial #: 05-21-18P
- Instrument Weight: 7.2 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an official Tom Anderson Guitarworks dealer. These pretty much take the cake as some of the nicest bolt-on guitars to roll through our shop!
With a veritable who's who of guitar players on their roster, it's easy to see why Anderson Guitars have become so highly sought after for pros and hobbyists alike. A brief glance of Anderson's endorsees includes names like Bob Seger, David Crosby, Dierks Bentley, Kirk Hammett, Keith Richards, Richie Sambora, Neal Schon, Vernon Reid, Tim Pierce, and the list goes on and on and on. Simply put, Tom Anderson and his crew are cranking out some of the most amazing guitars on the planet right now.
Offset guitars are as popular these days as they've ever been, it seems. And we've got the one to rule them all. It is truly no exaggeration to say that every Anderson guitar that has come through our shop has been jaw-droppingly beautiful and amazing to play. They've quickly grown to become a shop favorite and we're pretty much all of the belief that "Tom Anderson can do no wrong." This Raven Superbird only solidifies this unyielding faith and confidence in Tom Anderson. The guitar is made for the workhorse musician that needs something masterfully crafted, extremely versatile, and yet simple to use.
The hum-cancelling PH pickups basically sound like some nice fat P90's but without any of the extra noise. At the heart of them is still a vintage-inspired sound while being punchy and cutting with some nice fullness and body to them. You'll be making best friends with your studio or front of house engineers by sending them only the musical sounds you want and none of the noise you don't through your signal chain. If you need to thin your sound out a little bit so it slices through the mix with a bit more of a single-coil characteristic to it, there are 2 mini-toggles that will cut the output of the pickups.
The Happy Medium neck shape feels absolutely wonderful. It's not shredder-thin but also far from having that baseball bat feeling that some guitars of yesteryear are known for. I suppose that it's with good reason that this neck shape is called what it is. It is the Goldilocks of neck shapes and likely to feel comfortable for the majority of players.
This is a true player's instrument. Ready for the studio or the stage, this could very well be your new Excalibur and be the only guitar you need to unsheath to slay your next gig or session.
Your most profound offset style guitar dreams have become a reality. Now you can step on stage with the avant-garde look of an offset and have the Anderson assurance that you are strapped into a unique instrument that will perform peerlessly in your hands.
- Balanced, lightweight and stable, a joy to strap on and play all night long.
- Not over-sized or undersized but a body of just right proportions. it immediately feels like your old, best friend, that is full of brand new excitement and experiences.
- A solid foundation supports unparalleled tone and resonance, where every sonic nuance rings out with alacrity.
As usual, our reliable intonation and tuning stability makes Raven a joy to play with any and every style of music. No worries, just plug and play with wild abandon.
This one is a new and oh so cool Raven, but built in a very particular way and on a very particular platform, to maximize and project midrange performance. With svelte and chiseled good looks, now known as Raven Superbird.
Short and to the point, Raven Superbird is a Raven with:
- Scale Length: 24 3/4-inch
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Mahogany with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Pickups: All Anderson Pickup options available
- Switching: Anderson All-Access 3-Way Switching
Power your way through everything with alternative style and musical grace. Thanks to its Anderson musical heritage, this bird can sing, as well as crush.
The tone of a traditional Soapbar-style pickup made to fit humbucker guitars. And quiet too: no 60-cycle hum (when you are touching the strings, of course).
What do Soapbar-style pickups sound like? The longstanding benefit of a Soapbar-style pickup is that they produce a sound that lives between the weaker F-type, single coil and the fat focus of a humbucker, giving you a sound nothing else can quite achieve. So, think of the wide bandwidth that a single coil pickup delivers—low, lows and stringy, musical highs. Now tame those highs ever so slightly so there is no “shattering glass” timbre, just clear string clarity. Add big, booming lows and give it enough midrange girth to not be wimpy in any situation—but not so much that it is mid-only like a traditional humbucker. Not weak but not overly hot—big enough to be dirty when pushed through your favorite amp and pristine when backed off—without 60-cycle hum! How cool is that? You have the much-loved Soapbar tone at your fingertips.
What’s the big deal? This coveted iconic musical “P” tone has not ever been achievable in a hum-canceling version—UNTIL NOW! Thanks to the Anderson PQ R&D department—real players jamming away until all hours of the night to bring P-performance under your control.
Technically Speaking? How about precision polepiece alignment—means string and polepiece engage in maximum communication.
PH 3: With tradition still intact, the PH3 gives more oomph per pick attack, for an elevated level of performance. It’s rippin’ made easy— and quiet.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Anderson Guitarworks. This Raven Superbird is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).