Leave the big heavy 4x12 stack at home. There's no need to roll up to a gig with an 8x10 fridge cab anymore. Whether you're a bass player or a guitar player, chances are you know that cabs are heavy! Music Store Live is proud to be a Two Notes dealer. Try this little magic box out and your back will thank you (as will your ears and your front of house mixing guy!)
The Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. pedal is nothing short of impressive and borderline miraculous. C.A.B stands for "cabinets in a box" and that's exactly what you have here. 32 cab simulations, 8 power amps, 8 different microphones, various EQ curves, USB and midi compatible... Heck, you can even choose where the microphone is aligned on the speaker! Do you want it straight on? Off at an angle? etc. And the really miraculous part isn't that this cab contains all of these sounds under the hood, it's that these are truly authentic and if you close your eyes you will not be able to tell a difference between the simulator and the real thing! You can also run this along with any of the other Two Notes pedals such as the LeBass or LeClean and program certain speaker simulation settings to go along with each channel of the other pedal. For example, if you're using the LeClean pedal to get that Fender Twin vibe, you can program each channel of the LeClean pedal to trigger a different setting in the Torpedo C.A.B. such that changing the channel on the LeClean (for example) automatically selects the corresponding setting in the C.A.B. pedal. The way they interact with one another is really intuitive and makes the pedal even more versatile. Try the Torpedo C.A.B. with the LeBass, LeClean, LeLead, or LeCrunch.
It's unlikely that you'll go through all of these settings and go "this is awesome, but I wish I had more options" but just in case you find yourself in that position, worry not! Two Notes has an online library of downloadable cabinet simulators that can help you further expand the already vast library in this little box.
The Torpedo C.A.B. («Cabinets in A Box»)…
… is a high-end cabinet simulator in a stompbox format. It includes all the great features of the Torpedo Live without the load box but with an input stage specifically tailored to accept pedal-level signals.
The concept: You love the sound of your amplifier pushed right to the magic sweet spot where the best tones are. Until now, the only available option was blasting your sound through a 4×12″ to properly excite a microphone. Enter Torpedo, the simplest and most realistic way to get your sound to your audience. Use the amp you love! Everything that makes a real amp rule over all the other alternatives is retained. You can even record silently late at night. Gone is the back ache from the loadout, complaints from neighbors, venue staff or even bandmates and the frustration of not being able to sound at one’s best trying to reduce the volume.
Exclusive Torpedo technology: Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behaviour (such as its frequency response). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
The Stompbox-Style Torpedo: We know you love those little effects stompboxes and we definitely want you to use them with our Torpedo C.A.B. Place it at the end of your effect chain and all need to carry your amp will be gone. Plug it into the PA and you will be ready to go with a great sound.
Most notably: the Torpedo C.A.B. is the very first stompbox-style Impulse-Response Loader!
2 Assignable Footswitches: The Torpedo C.A.B. features 2 user-assignable footswitches. Assignable functions include Preset selection, Bypass, Mute, EQ On/Off and more…
Power Amp Simulation: Connect your preamplifier directly to the Torpedo C.A.B. and take advantage of our exclusive tube power amp simulation. Select a type of amplifier and its characteristics, a tube model, and make your preamp sing as it deserves !
Control your Torpedo & access the Two notes Boutique: With its clear and intuitive interface, Torpedo Remote will give you access to all parameters on your Torpedo, including loading and saving presets, loading new IRs, and updating the unit’s firmware. You can pick any speaker cabinets from the Two notes Store, preview them on your own tracks in real time, and choose to buy the ones you prefer.
Arcade or Simulation mode: We borrowed the concept of Arcade VS Simulation from the world of video games. The Arcade mode is usually the easy way to, for example, drive a race car. You can hit obstacles,other cars, you can still win the race. We recommend that for your first experience with The Torpedo C.A.B. you start with the Arcade preset mode to get more familiar with the concept of virtual miking.
The simulation mode is not for beginners and requires more experience and knowledge about how the car actually works, depending on many tiny but still important parameters (weather, type of tires, track design…). In that preset mode you will gain access to the full list of parameter, to fine tune your sound and make it perfect to your ears.
Connections: The Torpedo C.A.B. takes place on a pedalboard, after a preamp, among your usual stompboxes. The best results are achieved by placing it before the time-based and modulation effects (chorus, delay, reverb…), which then become brighter and clearer. This position also allows to take advantage of the possible stereo of these effects. This is similar to the way things are done in the studio, where modulations are often applied to guitar and bass tracks after recording.
Tube Stage Output: When using a guitar/bass preamplifier with other speaker emulators, the guitarist/bassist may miss the power amplifier’s contribution to the overall sonic texture. Many musicians get their sound from a specific use of that element and this possibility is present in the TORPEDO C.A.B.. To do this, Two Notes has developed an original tube-stage modeling, giving you the choice between 4 different tube models (6L6, EL34, EL84 and KT88) in Push-Pull (PP) in class AB or Single Ended (SE) in class A configurations. You can push this tube-stage like a conventional amplifier and look for this subtle and particular distortion. The TORPEDO C.A.B. can be used as a super-DI for keyboards. The tube-amp simulation feature, developed for guitarists and bassists, is also very interesting to warm up the sound of a synthesizer, organ or digital piano.
Section EQ: When recording guitars or basses, it is common to apply a few effects to shape the sound before sending it to a PA or a recorder. In the TORPEDO C.A.B. you will find a simple but efficient EQ filter with two modes, GUITAR or BASS.
- Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo C.A.B.
- Professional Speaker Simulator Guitar and Bass Effects
- Tube Stage Output Simulation
- Section EQ Settings
- Compatibility with USB or MIDI Devices
- Capture the sound of your own cabinet + microphone setup with the BlendIR software (provided by Two Notes on their website)
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).