With clean tones for days reminiscent of old Twins, the Two Notes Le Clean pumps out authentic and genuinely impressive tone in a compact and infinitely portable little stomp box.
… takes its inspiration from the classic amps of southern California in all shades of brown, black and silver. Channel A has a pure ultra clean texture. Channel B lets you bring in classic sweet overdrive of a dark desert highway. The Cold Fusion mode gets right to the heart of Texas while Hot Fusion takes you out of the blue and into the gnarliest Tweed tones.
From the moment we launched the Torpedo C.A.B., we believed it was possible to build a high quality pedalboard to entirely replace a conventional tube amplifier system: the complete floor rig. Even with an almost limitless choice of available guitar effects, we always felt that finding a very good preamplifier in a pedal format was challenging. This is why Two notes is proud to premier its line of tube preamplifiers: Le Clean, Le Crunch, Le Lead and Le Bass.
The selection of a preamplifier is the core of your overall tone and thus requires the greatest attention. When building a complete floor rig, only the very best will make the cut. The Two notes preamplifiers are a True High Voltage Design running internally at 200 volts to preserve the interaction between you and your guitar while working perfectly with your other effect pedals. Each of the four different versions deliver the unique tube warmth, dynamics, and the musical compression from the amps we know and love, now in a more convenient pedal package. And, of course, you can use them as an elaborate tube overdrive, in front of your favorite amplifier!
Two channels plus Fusion mode
The A and B channels are totally independent, each with their own voicing and eq section: Bass and Treble on A, Bass, Mid with Mid Sweep and Treble for B. On Channel A you will find a lower gain tube stage with a pre-gain EQ using a more vintage design approach, while Channel B offers more gain and a very powerful post-EQ (with mid sweep). The exclusive Fusion modes open new horizons.
In “Cold Fusion”, the two channels are in parallel, meaning you can blend the cleaner sound from A and your more distorted sound in B to gain clarity and articulation.
In “Hot Fusion”, A and B are cascaded, meaning A can be used as a boost for B with both A and B EQ’s available to shape the result.
Switching & Multi-channel mode
Each preamp features 2 channel footswitches, A and B. Simultaneously pressing A and B will ac- tivate the Fusion mode. Pressing A, B or A and B will also send a specific Midi Program Change command, that can be used to select a preset on your Midi multi effects and/or Torpedo C.A.B.. In addition, the preamplifier may respond to a Program Change sent from another Midi device al- lowing a seamless integration into any pedalboard switching system. Combining several Two notes preamps on your pedalboard makes things really interesting.
Connected via Midi, each preamp will listen to the others. They can be configured in Multi-channel mode: pressing A on preamp 1 will by- pass preamp 2, like the channels of an amplifier. Alternately, when this mode is off: traditional on/off switching for all preamps, a preamp can be a boost/overdrive for the one that follows.
High-quality electronic design
Two notes is first and foremost a team of music lovers who are all great admirers of musicians. We are highly qualified engineers, technicians, and musicians, whose purpose is to facilitate the life of guitar and bass players without infringing on their playing habits. Our mission consists in providing them with studio-grade products that are specifically designed for the guitar and bass.
Integrated speaker simulation
This analog speaker simulation is specifically voiced for your Le Preamp Model, and based on our Torpedo simulator. This speaker simulation affects the DI output and the Headphones output.
Le Preamp can be used in various configurations: as a traditional preamplifier, it can be connected to a power amplifier and cabinet, or in the Return input (or Power Amp In) of a guitar or bass amplifier. Placed before an amplifier, it acts as a boost, overdrive or distortion pedal. Alone or with the Torpedo C.A.B., it can also be an autonomous system, light and small, ready to be directly connected to a mixing board on stage as well as in the studio. By simply plugging your headphones, you can play silently. Connect it to your sound interface for perfect recordings using the Wall of Sound III.
5 basic functions can be accessed through MIDI Program Changes (PC) sent by an external MIDI device :
- Channel A
- Channel B
- Cold Fusion
- Hot Fusion
In other words, your Le Preamp can receive a MIDI PC asking for bypass or channel switch. Any MIDI message received will be transmitted to the MIDI output (MIDI Thru function).
When using Le Preamp as a MIDI controller, you will be able to send a MIDI PC to trigger preset changes on another MIDI device, such as a Torpedo C.A.B. or an FX unit.
Le Clean comes with a 16 cabs license for Wall of Sound III
Wall of Sound III (WoS III) is a speaker and miking simulation plugin. A plugin is a software you can load on a track of your sequencer, such as Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Reaper, inside your Digital Audio Workstation.
With your Le Preamp, Two notes gives you access to 16 virtual cabinets you can load in our award winning Wall of Sound III plugin. With your Le Preamp and WoS III you have the best configuration to record amazingly good guitar or bass tones for all your musical projects.
To download your 16 cabinets, register your product on the Two notes Website, download and install the Wall of Sound III (WoS III) plugin. You will be guided step by step through the process.
Once you have become familiar with the sound and operation of the Wall of Sound III plug-in, please feel welcome to explore the in-app Two notes Boutique which will allow you to audition and have the option to purchase additional cabinets.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).