The next generation of portable instruments
OP–Z is an advanced fully portable 16-track sequencer and synthesizer, with a range of both sample based and synthesis based sounds. it's the world's first stand-alone sequencer of its kind, that lets you sequence music, visuals, lights and more.
OP–Z can be used completely stand alone and comes with an intuitive led lit interface. when you want next level real time visual feedback, use the screen you already have in your pocket*.
hardware features include a usb-c host and device, wireless communication over ble, 4-pin 3.5 mm stereo headphone and line-out, accelerometer, user replaceable battery and built-in microphone.
component based step sequencing
one of the basic concepts of the OP–Z is its ability to run each track totally independent from one another. tracks can run at various speeds, have different lengths and loop points. separate tracks can even jump-cut back and forth irregularly and randomly if you want. using this you can make a short sequence sound more or less different each time it is repeated in your composition.a composition is divided into tracks and each track is built from sequencer steps – just as you are used to, but on top of that we have added something truly unique we call step components that adds an extra dimension of instructions for each step. this new tool makes composing a track much more dynamic, deep and rich – a long needed addition to traditional sequencing.the tracks on the OP–Z is polymetric. meaning that each track has dynamic track length from 1 up to 144 steps. making it possible to work in high or low track resolution. you can choose to go completely off-grid or stay 100% quantized. thanks to the OP–Z real time melodic analysis you can at any time automatically transpose whole sequences in different scales across six octaves.
OP–Z comes with 16 sample packs, each containing 24 samples. the basic configuration is divided into kicks, snares, percussion and effects, and you can easily add your own samples.
OP–Z comes with 8 synthesis based sound engines. more sound engines will be released continuously and made available through the configurator in the OP–Z app.
OP–Z has two separate fx-buses, shared across all instrument tracks.the built-in fx are delay, reverb, bit-crush and distortion. future firmware upgrades will expand the OP–Z with even more fx.
Bring your own screen
connect your OP–Z wirelessly to an ios device. thanks to the extremely energy efficient ble technology your OP–Z will run and sync to your screen for hours and hours, without you having to charge the unit.with the OP–Z app you see the numbers and graphs behind the music you create in real time. at a glance, you know how your instruments are balanced in the mixer or just how much effect is applied to each instrument.the screen adds another dimension to your interaction with the OP–Z. unlocking multi touch features, you can adjust multiple mixer sliders at once or use the smooth touch pad to adjust effects or filters. perfect when performing live.
Pitch bend and microphone
on the front of the OP–Z you find the pitch bend in the form of a soft, pressure-sensitive, thumb button. the pitch bend adds an analogue touch to any instrument – perfect for that solo break.lift the OP–Z to your mouth, and the accelerometer activated microphone will turn on. hold the function buttons to change the settings for the microphone.
Built for live performance
on the back of your OP–Z you find the project, mixer, tempo and the screen buttons. while holding down one of these buttons you access some of the OP–Z main functionality.the project button lets you choose one of the 10 projects where you work on your songs. each project contains 16 patterns and each pattern contains 8 instrument tracks.
The mixer gives you access to a live mixer where you fine tune the balance of your current track. one-two-three-four – hold to change tempo, add a click or counting voice-over to your track. the screen button opens up the main menu if you have a screen connected. select menu item using the red dial. the screen button also activates the microphone. press the mixerbutton to togglebetween clean voice pass-through or the two real timeOP–Z fx-buses.last but not least, keep an eyeopen for upcoming new hardwarefeatures using the expansion port.we have some really neat modules coming soon.
snap a series of photos and sequence them to a beat. compose a song and create a completely synchronised music video 'a-la-minute'. the photomatic feature included in the OP–Z app is just pure instant fun.when you want some quick and unique graphics, perfectly synched to your beats, open up photomatic.shoot away, add some filters and you have your instant music video.photomatic lets you add up to 10 sequences with 24 pictures each, all possible to edit with the colored dials,the sequences can be synched to any track while playing live.
Teenage engineered four-wheel drive
using the four color coded endless dials you control everything from synth parameters, filters, effects and levels to the adsr shape of an instrument. the rgb led's give you instant feedback of values and functions.these encoders were specially engineered for the OP-Z to make it possible to keep the 10 mm height of the unit and to provide maximum resolution.
punch-in fx is a concept inspired from our series of pocket operators, where you can add a layer of live performance effects, and either record them or just to enjoy in real-time.on OP–Z the punch-in fx is a separate programmable track just like any instrument. the punch-in fx is one of the unique features that makes the OP–Z stand out from a traditional sequencer.this makes the OP–Z a powerful live performance instrument, extending the possibilities of a pre-programmed track to endless variations.
full unity® 3D integration
OP–Z is tailor made for controlling rich 3D animations in real-time sync with your tunes and beats. create your own unique visuals using unity® – the world's most popular multi-platform game engine. by exposing the inner control data of the OP–Z and linking it to unity® users can create anything within unity®, customizing every single polygon in a performance and completing the live set with unique visuals.the weakest point of VJ-ing has always been the creation of content.don't have any ideas yet? download and explore 3D worlds already prepared for you, and learn more about videolab on github.
OP–Z is perfect to bring along when traveling. so much that we felt the need to create a range of travel-cases protecting your OP–Z. ideal for when you head down to the park, take a road trip or go on tour. the softer pvc tarpaulin roll up protective case comes in asphalt greyand signal yellow (pictured above). we're also happy to introduce a new line of fresh color-coded cables in various lengths and configurations.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).