TC Electronic has a legendary reputation when it comes to delay and this legend only continued when we partnered with ProGuitarShop to create the Alter Ego Delay pedal. It became an instant classic so fast it made our heads spin. Maybe it was the wide range of classic delay sounds, maybe it was the instant access to spot-on tributes to the legendary delay units of yesteryear. We're not sure - and we're not sure it matters. What does matter is this: guitarists everywhere loved the original Alter Ego Delay with an unparalleled passion. Feedback from the guitar community was clear - for the love of all that rocks, DO MORE. So we decided to up the ante.
Turns out that our pure love for sound and obsessive-compulsive guitar nerdery is shared around the globe. We are totally stoked to repeat the wizardry and conjure up some delay tones that are truly magical. This resulted in no less than twelve exclusive hand-selected sounds, lovingly crafted for Alter Ego X4 Vintage Echo. From a tribute to the classic Binson Echorec* to a salute to the sweet Roland Space Echo*, an amazing Echoplex* sound and of course a custom version of TC Electronic's own 2290, Alter Ego X4 Vintage Echo takes you on a trip through the sweetest delay sounds ever. Lo-fi, Hi-fi, Tape, Analog and pristine digital delays - it's all here in spades.
- Twelve exclusive Delay sounds, expertly crafted by TC Electronic and ProGuitarShop
- Spot-on tributes of time-honored classic delay units
- A true celebration of the best of the best in tape, analog and digital delays
- TonePrint Enabled - for a world of signature effects
Tone Straight From The Heart
When you've been playing guitar since before you could walk and now you run a guitar division where quality and love for tone are paramount, you can't help but create great tones. Our resident rock-star Tore and the guitar gurus at ProGuitarShop have cherry-picked the finest delay sounds around. Love for tone and great sound were the core of the original Alter Ego Delay, and the Alter Ego X4 Vintage Echo takes this love to the next level. Seriously, you've got to hear this thing!
With the elegant ProGuitarShop custom designed graphics, we're proud to continue and advance our delay legacy with Alter Ego X4 Vintage Echo. With 16 delay types, 3 presets, tap tempo and ample I/O options, it quickly becomes clear that this entry is a force to be reckoned with. Add this to the exclusive 12 sounds, plus the awesomeness that is TonePrint and it's easy to see that this is your one-stop for delay when quality matters. And let's face it, when it comes to guitar sounds, it does.
TonePrint – Signature Effects
TonePrint, our signature versions of classic delays made by music's finest (from rock royalty, to YOU via our TonePrint Editor) allows you to cram as many delay types into this little miracle as your heart desires. From custom tuned tones by music's elite, to classic takes on legendary sounds, your vision is your sound!
The Artist Entrance
TonePrint means signature effects - and signature effects means truly creative tones. From classic innovators to the guys shaping the future of music, we've asked the coolest artists around to come up with their customized signature version of a TC Electronic effect - and make them available to you for free!
Download the free TonePrint app for Android and iPhone, choose the TonePrint you want to hear and beam it instantly from your phone through your guitar's pickup into your TonePrint pedal. No cables needed!
Backstage Pass - All Access
Alter Ego X4 Vintage Echo does two things: minimize hassle and maximize tone. It houses brilliant delays and is simple to operate, while the sounds and TonePrint functionality span the complete spectrum of delay, in the most musical way possible. Featuring twelve exclusive delay sounds made by the finest tone connoisseurs at TC Electronic and ProGuitarShop. From classic Echorec* delays to the pinnacle of 2290 sounds, these tones are ready to go wherever you want to take them.
- Twelve exclusive gorgeous delay sounds, lovingly crafted by TC Electronic and ProGuitarShop
- TonePrint® enabled
- Beam enabled
- Pedal simple - don't read, rock!
- Three Presets
- Tap Tempo
- 16 Delay Types
- 40 second looper with undo function
- Independent loop and delay engines
- True Bypass (optional buffered)
- Expression pedal input
- Stereo in- and output
- MIDI enabled
- Subdivision selector including dual delay
- 9 Volt DC power supply included
- Humongous headroom
Your Vision, Your Sound!
Music is the truest expression of self. That's why it is your right to have your effect sound the way YOU want to, no holds barred.
With the TonePrint Editor, you get full control over all effect behavior, knob ranges and everything in between so you can create your signature TC sound.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).