Taurus Dexter Mk2 Polyphonic Octaver Guitar Effects Pedal
Taurus-Dexter Mk-2 is an octaver which enables polyphonic transposition of sound up and down an octave. Both octaves can be freely mixed with instrument signal. You can use only upper or lower octave or both at the same time. Polyphony is built by a high-quality 24-bit DSP. The octaver is equipped with regulators of both octaves, which means that you can easily shape the sound of an instrument. With the use of the regulators you can eliminate unwanted tones, which may sometimes appear in octaves and e.g. blur the sound or change the sound of an instrument too much. It turns out that wideband audio processing by an octaver might be undesirable in some situations. This is why the regulators prove to be very useful by allowing a player to create the right sound.
The DEXTER Mk-2 is a polyphonic OCTAVER which allows transposing an original note of one octave up and down. Both octaves can be used separately, mixed together as well as mixed with the original notes.
The 24-bit high quality DSP is responsible for polyphony of the effect. Each octave is controlled by two potentiometers ( Level & Range) which gives great flexibility in sound creating process. Thanks to them, unwanted tones which sometimes occurs in octaves can be eliminated e.g. blurred clarity of sound or extensively altered sound of the instrument.
In practice it turns out that broadband signal processing by OCTAVER in certain situations may be unwanted. Using bandwidth range potentiometers gives great flexibility and freedom in shaping a texture of the instrument’s sound.
Taurus is made by musicians for musicians. It's been our philosophy to provide you with the best possible quality, fully professional, superior musical equipment. While designing this device we've taken in consideration that it requires more than just selecting the correct parameters, best components and hand crafting to achieve the perfect balance between technology and sound. Our very close collaboration with musicians has helped us to design and manufacture high quality equipment which will exceed your expectations and needs. We at Taurus, extend our gratitude and wish you great musical experience, sonic adventures and explorations with our gear which will become your faithful companion.
- LEVEL (-) LO-octave level adjustment
- DRY LEVEL dry signal level adjustment
- LEVEL (+) HI-octave level adjustment
- RANGE (-) Adjustment of the lower octave's scope. In MAX position the lower octave operates throughout the entire bandwidth and responds to a whole range of sound. In MIN position the lowest bandwidth is limited which makes a lower octave response less effective to the scale of lowest notes. This way the lowest band sound that is illegible and blurs the sound of the instrument when playing in the lower registers are eliminated , leaving only the harmonics that are desirable. Adjustment of the lower octave's scope. In MAX position the lower octave operates throughout the entire bandwidth and responds to a whole range of sound. In MIN position the lowest bandwidth is limited which makes a lower octave response less effective to the scale of lowest notes. This way the lowest band sound that is illegible and blurs the sound of the instrument when playing in the lower registers are eliminated , leaving only the harmonics that are desirable.
- RANGE (+) Adjustment of the upper octave's scope. In MAX position of the upper octave operates throughout the entire bandwidth and effects whole range of sound. In MIN position highest bandwidth for the upper octave is limited . This way the very high tones which after processing in the upper octave may sound too high and give an artificial character of some instruments are eliminated.
- POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGE RANGE 9-12V: any power supply with power rating between 9 and 12V can be used (minimum current 500mA).
- POLARITY AUTO DETECTION: allows using either centre-positive or negative polarity on power supply, (any power supply with different polarity can be used).
- DC ASSISTANT: protection against signal loss. If disconnected or the voltage is lower then 6V the effect is automatically switched to the " bypass " mode.
- DIMENSIONS: (H x W x D) 65 x 96 x 144mm
- WEIGHT: 0,5kg
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).