|Recording media||microSD card(64MB to 2GB), microSDHC card(4GB to 32GB)|
|Recording format||44.1k/48k Hz, 16/24-bit|
|Analog audio inputs|
|Mic gain||0 to +50dB (1dB step)|
|Analog audio outputs|
|CAMERA OUT/ PHONES|
|Connector||3.5mm(1/8")stereo mini jack (DUAL MONO signal)|
|Format||USB2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class|
|Power||1 AAA battery(alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or disposable lithium)
USB bus power
|Battery operation time||48kHz/24bit, Limiter/ Dual Rec : OFF, File type：MONO|
(Energizer ULTIMATE LITHIUM)
|Weight||110g (including batteries) / 98g (without batteries)|
|Operating temperature||0˚C to 40˚C|
|Standard accessories||Wind screen, Noise Isolation Arm, Attenuation cable, Cable clip, Owner's manual(including warranty)|
|Frequency response||50Hz to 20kHz|
|S/N ratio||78dB (MIC gain +30dB、A-weighted)|
The TASCAM DR-10SG packs problem-solving punch into a small package. Combining both a purpose built shotgun microphone and a professional quality digital recorder in a single unit, the DR-10SG addresses many issues faced by today’s DSLR videographer. First and foremost, the DR-10SG features an extremely directional supercardioid microphone and an integrated shock-resistant mounting foot. The dual benefits of this design include the rejection of unwanted ambient sound during filming and the avoidance of physically transmitted noise from shutter or lens mechanisms.
Coupled with this is a professional quality digital recorder featuring four selectable EQ modes, audio pass-through to the camera and an on-board audio slate for synchronization during post production. As an added safeguard against unexpected volume spikes, the DR-10SG also features TASCAM’s unique Dual Recording mode which automatically records a second “safety take” at a lower level.
Designed to deliver excellent quality, while addressing the inherent issues of on-camera audio, the DR-10SG will prove to be a valuable tool in your audio arsenal.
Custom designed, high-performance shotgun microphone.
An all-new shotgun capsule was designed by TASCAM for the DR-10SG. The super-cardioid pickup pattern picks up sound in the direction it is pointing, rejecting ambient noise and reverberation. The design of this microphone is purpose-built to capture your subject's voice from your camera, without noise from traffic, surf, echo, and other distractions.
Camera shoe attachment with shockmount for maximum mobility.
The DR-10SG’s built-in shoe mount adapter attaches it directly to the camera while staying out of your way. Even when guerilla shooting or grabbing hand-held shots, the DR-10SG focuses on your subject for great-sounding results.
Four EQ presets to match the subject and setting.
The DR-10SG's built-in equalizer tailors the recording to sound best in your environment. It includes the following four presets:
NATURAL: Flat response for a natural-sounding recording.
STANDARD: Standard EQ for a video camera shotgun mic, adding clarity.
INTERVIEW: EQ optimized for voice recordings in interviews, conversations and similar scenes.
FIELD: Ideal EQ for recording sound effects and other background sounds.
High-quality audio that's simple to use.
The DR-10SG provides digital recording with the convenience of a camera accessory. Detailed electrical design includes rejection of power supply and camera noise in a compact design. Controlled listening tests during the design stage led to consisent improvements in the design, from the best shotgun capsule design to the need for high-performance capacitors in the power supply.
Shock mount mechanism and noise isolation arm reduce handling and lens operation noise.
A floating shock mount mechanism sits between the recorder and the shoe mount, reducing vibration and other noise transmitted from the camera body. Also included, a noise isolation arm moves the recorder away from the camera, lens, and other sources of noise. This is especially useful to reduce noise generated by autofocus motors.
Audio from the DR-10SG Camera Out jack can be recorded on the camera.
The DR-10SG has an output jack for DSLR and video cameras. Connecting this to the camera allows it to record a copy of the sound that the DR-10SG picked up. This allows the audio recorded on camera to be higher quality, and makes it simple to syncronize audio with the video in your editing software.
For compatibility with many cameras that come with different input sensitivities and levels, the DR-10SG has an output volume control to avoid distortion. A custom attenuation cable maximizes signal quality when a camera has just a mic-level input. The camera out jack doubles up as a headphone output.
Slate tone simplifies synchronization with video files.
A built-in generator produces slate tones providing convenient reference points for lining up video and audio files after recording. Slate tones are automatically produced when recording starts and stops. The volume of slate tones can be set to OFF, LOW or HIGH. By connecting the DR-10SG back to the camera with the included cable, the camera’s video file also gets the slate tones. If you need perfect syncronization, zoom into your editing software and line up the sine waves.
Dual recording records two files simultaneously at different levels
Film-making often involves sudden audio volume jumps. An actor could decide to scream a line and a documentary subject could do almost anything. On a single-person shoot, the camera operator has enough to worry about without keeping their hand on the volume knob for dialog level changes.
The DR-10SG has several features to prevent distorted audio, but the most secure is Dual Recording. This feature captures a copy of your signal at a lower level, as a safety track in case of distortion.
Automatic file closing saves file data before the battery runs out.
You can always monitor the battery level on the easy-to-read Organic EL display. If the battery runs out in the middle of a recording, the unit will automatically save the file before turning off so your take isn't lost. And the case is designed so that batteroes can be changed quickly, without removing the recorder from the camera shoe mount.
Automatic level, limiter and other functions solve common recording level problems.
If the input sound level is too low or too high, an automatic level function can increase or decrease the recording volume to an appropriate level. The limiter prevents distortion caused by sudden input overloads. These functions save you from worrying about recording level settings in situations when there is no second chance.
Compact and lightweight body that is only 110 g, including battery
The DR-10SG has been designed to be compact and lightweight to maintain mobility even when used on the lightest and smallest cameras. The single AAA battery lasts for hours and won't put a strain on the camera's shoe mount. And the whole unit is compact enough to be held with action cameras like the GoPro.
Operates for 8.5 hours continuously on a single alkaline AAA battery
One easily obtained Alkaline AAA battery powers the DR-10SG for 8.5 hours continuously. The DR-10SG can also use disposable lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Supercardioid shotgun microphone
- Shoe adapter (ISO/JIS standard) attaches to a camera accessory shoe.
- Records to microSD or microSDHC cards.
- Records 44.1/ 48 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono or poly linear PCM (WAV/BWF)files.
- Built-in clock stamps BWF files with time-of-day information for additional convenience when editing or searching for files.
- Equalizer has four presets that can be selected to match the recording conditions.
- Limiter automatically reduces high input levels to suitable levels.
- Low cut filter reduces low-frequency noise (120Hz cutoff frequency).
- Dual recording for two files to be recorded simultaneously with different gain levels.
- Slate tone for conveniently synchronizing with video files.
- Camera out jack (combined with headphone jack)outputs audio to a camera.
- Automatic file closing prevents the loss of data before the battery runs out.
- Included noise isolation arm reduces lens operation noise.
- Included attenuation cable matches output audio signal level when connected to a camera.
- Included cable clip secures attenuation and headphone cables.
- Tripod threads (ISO/JIS standards for mounting directly to a camera tripod or rig.
- Playback to headphones to check recorded file contents immediately.
- Time track increment silently and seamlessly splits a recording by creating a new file at regular intervals (about 15 minutes)for easier editing.
- File naming based on a user-specified word or the current date.
- Operates on 1 AAA battery (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or disposable lithium)or USB bus power.
- Secondary lithium-ion battery maintains date and time information.
- 3.5mm(1/8")headphone jack built in.
- Easy to read 96×16 dot OEL display with wide viewing angle.
- Micro-B USB 2.0 port to easily transfer files to a computer.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).