|Recording media||microSD card (64MB to 2GB), microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB)|
|File format||WAV(BWF), MP3|
|Quantization bit rate||16/24bit|
|Bit-rate for recording||32/64/96/128/192/256/320kbps|
|Playback bit rate||32 to 320kbps, VBR, ID3 tag Ver. 2.4|
|Number of channels||2-channel(Stereo)|
|Playback speed control (VSA)||0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments) *44.1/48kHz only|
|Built-in microphone||Omnidirectional, stereo|
|Connector||3.5mm (1/8") stereo mini jack, Unbalanced, Plug-in power|
|Nominal Input Level||-20dBV|
|Maximum Input Level||-4dBV|
|Connector||3.5mm (1/8") stereo mini jack, Unbalanced|
|Nominal Output Level||-14dBV(10kΩ load)|
|Maximum Output Level||+2dBV(10kΩ load)|
|Maximum Output||20mW + 20mW(32Ω load)|
|Built-in speakers||0.3W, Mono|
|Format||USB2.0 HIGH SPEED|
|Chromatic tuner||C1 to B6, A4 = 435Hz to 445Hz (in 1Hz increments)|
|Tripod attachment screw-hole||1/4 inch, Tripod attachment screw-hole|
|Power||2 AA batteries,
USB bus power,
AC100 to 240V (Optional AC adapter)
|Power consumption||1.7W (Max)|
|Battery operation time|
|With alkaline batteries
|Approx. 17.5 hours (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphone, JEITA)|
|With Ni-MH batteries
|Approx. 15.5 hours (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphone, JEITA)|
|Weight||116g / 0.25lb
|Standard accessories||4GB microSD card, USB connection cable, 2 AA batteries for confirming operation, Owner's Manual, Warranty card|
Simple-to-use 24-bit/96kHz Digital Recorder with Omnidirectional Microphones
TASCAM’s DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. The DR-05 records in MP3 or WAV format – including 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio – to microSD or microSDHC media. A pair of all-new microphones handles up to 125dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. With new recording features like Peak Reduction and Quick Menu, the DR-05 puts album-quality recording in the palm of your hand.
Everything about the DR-05 is designed to get the best quality recordings of your music. A new pair of built-in microphones withstands up to 125dB SPL – the volume of a jet plane from 200 feet away – yet still have the sensitivity to capture every detail of a performance. You can add your own microphone or line-level source through the 1/8” stereo input, including plug-in power for microphones that need it.
Internally, the DR-05’s digital and analog circuit boards are built separately to increase noise performance, with a low-impedance design to further decrease hiss. A separate power supply is sent to the A/D and D/A converter for even better audio performance. The result is clean sound quality – over 92dB signal to noise ratio, under 0.05% total harmonic distortion and 20Hz to 40kHz response (-1/+3dB) at 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
Simple to Operate
The layout of the DR-05 has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away. Dig deeper to find features like limiting, low cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner and more.
One new feature that makes the DR-05 easy to operate is the new Peak Reduction feature. This setting automatically sets your recording level by listening to the input and adjusting for the best level. Unlike Auto Gain settings, this one only goes down to prevent accidental distortion after a period of low level like a break. Peak Recording works in rehearsal mode or in record, so if the performance is louder than the soundcheck you’re still safe. Used with the built-in limiter, it’s unlikely you’ll distort your career-making live recording.
Other classic TASCAM features are included, like Variable Speed Audition to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch – perfect for transcribing or learning new music. A Level Align function can be switched on for playback, to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, and a built-in speaker is also provided. The two AA batteries are enough to power the recorder for 17 1/2 hours, even while recording at CD quality.
Easily create high-quality recordings
Stereo condenser microphones for lively, high-quality sound and high-resolution recording
The "DR-05" is equipped with omnidirectional stereo condenser microphones that can not only record sounds directly in front of the microphones but also record ambient sound from all directions. This is great for capturing the excitement from the audience such as at live events, producing realistic recordings. The recording format is compatible with 24bit/96kHz, which is higher than CD quality.
Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL, making it ideal for loud band recordings
Proven high sound pressure design that is perfect for loud recordings such as bands or passing trains. It can be used for recoding quiet sound sources such as lectures or for loud sound sources such as rock bands.
Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level
The peak reduction function automatically lowers the level when a peak sound is detected and continues recording. The level can be set automatically according to the sound source, so it is easy for anyone to set the optimal level.
The "DR-05" has a total of three different input signal level adjustment functions including a peak reduction function.
Peak reduction When a peak is detected, the input signal level is automatically lowered and recording continues. It is perfect for music recordings that have variation in volume, which can be difficult to listen to.
Auto level The input signal level is automatically adjusted according to the input sound volume. It is good for when the volume fluctuates such as when recording meetings.
Limiter Prevents distortion of excessively high input signals.
Enhanced playback functions
Tempo change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments), which is great for practicing music and language study
playback speed can be adjusted without affecting the pitch. This is helpful in various situations such as when arranging and practicing music, for slowing the speed of recorded conversations, and for speeding up playback of meetings.
* The VSA function is only available when playing back files recorded at 44.1kHz/48kHz.
Level align feature prevents uneven volume levels for enhanced listenability
When recording meetings or interviews, there are cases where it is difficult to listen to the playback because the volumes of different people vary. In such cases, the level align function automatically adjusts the sound volume for playback, making it easy to listen.
• Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
• Divide/delete functions make it easy to organize files after recording
• Loop/repeat playback function that is convention for practicing music and studying languages
• Self timer recording function that is helpful for recording your own musical performances
• Three low cut filter levels that cut unnecessary low frequency noise such as from air conditioning equipment
Additional Features of Version 2
Nondestructive Overdubbing Function for Music Creation
The overdubbing function allows for overdub recording while playing a recorded file. This can allow you to record other parts of a musical production such as a guitar solo over a recording made at a rehearsal studio later at home. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, making it easy to rerecord.
Reverb Effect for Vocal and Instrument Resonance
Reverb can be added for music demo recordings and overdub recordings to add a more natural resonance. Reverb can also be used during playback, making it possible to express the 'live' feeling at a hall by adding reverb to created music.
Auto recording function that can start recording automatically
Records and pauses automatically. If the input signal level falls below the nominal level for more than 5 seconds during recording, it automatically switches to standby. If the input sound level rises above the nominal level again, recording restarts as a new file. This is useful when you do not want to record unnecessary portions such as lecture intermissions.
Auto mark function that can put the mark automatically
If the input signal level falls below the nominal level for more than 5 seconds during recording, it sets a mark when it rises above the nominal level again. This is useful when you want to search for a song position after a recording such as for live recordings. Marks can be used by BWF compatible software.
Auto tone function Provides Easy-Adjustments for On-Site Movie Editing, ideal for DSLR filmmaking
The internal slate tone generator produces various tones for easy track making and recognition. Please use dedicated accessary kit (AK-DR11C) for connecting.
- Stereo condenser microphones for lively, high-quality sound and high-resolution recording
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL, making it ideal for loud band recordings
- Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level
- Self timer recording function
- Seamless gain control
- Three low cut filter levels that cut unnecessary low frequency noise such as from air conditioning equipment(40/80/120Hz)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments), which is great for practicing music and language study
- Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
- Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
- Divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback function that is convention for practicing music and studying languages
- Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
- Jump back and play that skips back a preset number of seconds during playback (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec)
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible
- microSD/microSDHC cards can be used as recording media
- A 4GB microSD card is included. Up to 149 hours of recording is possible with the included card (MP3 at 32kbps)
- Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function
- A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
- Stereo mini headphone jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input
- Stereo mini headphone line output / Headphone output connector
- 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P515U)
- Mini USB cable included
- Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).