Tama HP900PN Iron Cobra Power Glide Single Kick Bass Drum Pedal with Carry Case
The Iron Cobra achieved its legendary status because of its ability to strongly support both the artistic and logistical requirements associated with the art of drumming. Since its inception…smooth, effortless performance and unparalleled response have been hallmarks of the Iron Cobra.
In its efforts to expand the boundaries of this original design, TAMA has continued to work at improving the Iron Cobra, always with an eye towards bringing drummers closer to their own creative objectives. Now, through meticulous analysis of the Cobra's performance under the most demanding conditions, and input from some of the world's best drummers, TAMA proudly introduces the smoothest, best performing, and most reliable Iron Cobra ever.
Power Glide LiteSprocket
- The offset shape of the original Power Glide cam provides TAMA's signature pedal action, which increases the beater's power and speed as it reaches the end of the stroke. With 40% less weight than our previous sprocket, the new Iron Cobra offers faster, smoother, more powerful performance than ever before.
Cobra Coil (US. PAT.NO.7408104)
- Until now, the only way to adjust your beater stroke action was to tighten the pedal spring. The unfortunate result? Heavy, sluggish action. The Cobra Coil solves the problem by adding a steel return spring. The return spring constantly presses the footboard to its original position, tightening the relationship between foot and pedal. Even better, the Cobra Coil is adjustable to different positions on the Iron Cobra footboard base plate.
- This new housing puts less stress on the bearings to make for a much smoother bearing motion.
- TAMA eliminated another source of friction by replacing the traditional nylon rocker cam with the Speedo-Ring, a rocker cam with a high quality built-in ball bearing rocker. The Quick-Hook not only allows for easy setup and tear-down but also streamlines the pedal, allowing quick stowaway in the hard case without removing the beater.
Oiles® Bearing Hinge (US. PAT.NO.6100460)
- To reinforce durability, the Iron Cobra 900 Series features a thicker 6 mm diameter shaft. Oiles® bearings create far less friction than standard ball bearings. They also eliminate unwanted side-to-side motion while providing superior durability. (Oiles® bearings is a registered trademark of the Oiles Co., Ltd.).
Swivel Spring Tight (US.PAT.NO.9236038)
- The conventional approach to the spring assembly (including previous Iron Cobra Pedals) has been to anchor the bottom of the spring while the top of the spring is being pulled from various angles throughout the pedal's cycle. But a spring being pulled on at an angle represents wasted energy and causes turbulence. The Swivel Spring Tight assembly solves this problem, recapturing that lost energy and optimizing smoothness through the use of a contoured assembly that allows the base to swivel freely with the spring. This enables a straight spring pull during the pedal's entire cycle, resulting in the smoothest, lightest action ever found on a bass drum pedal.
Power-Strike Cobra Beater
- The constant evolution of Iron Cobra has always been driven, in part, by TAMA's passion for sound—or more precisely, TAMA's passion to bring the best out of each and every bass drum on which Iron Cobra is played. The latest version of Iron Cobra features a smaller diameter but thicker beater head—a combination that delivers more attack than previous designs. Also the distance between the beater head's face and the shaft has been increased. Drummers found this alteration improved their sense of control during faster passages.
Vari-Pitch Beater Holder
- Vari-Pitch beater angle adjustments are completely independent of the footboard angle. The Speedo-Ring allows you to adjust the angle of the footboard link independently of the beater angle. The combination of the Speedo-Ring and the Vari-Pitch offer a range of incremental adjustments that will satisfy any style.
Para-Clamp II Pro (US.PAT.NO.6011208)
- TAMA now introduces Para-Clamp II -an even more clever and useful version of the popular original. The Para-Clamp II is capable of gripping the widest variety of bass drum hoops ever. The improvement is largely due to its newly designed three-dimensional rubber grip. Holding power is increased and the possibility of scratching the hoop is eliminated. Furthermore, set-up and breakdown are easily facilitated, while sitting on a throne because the T-bolt of the Para-Clamp II Pro is on the side of the footboard, rather than under it.
Quick-Hook (US. PAT.NO.6137040)
- Quick-Hook not only allows rapid spring attachment and reattachment for rapid set up and tear down, it also eliminates wobbling and allows maximum power transmission to the Speedo-Ring. And you never have to worry about it slipping off during performance.
Hard Carrying Cases
- You know what pedals go through night after night. After being stomped on over and over, they get thrown into bags and road cases where there's more hard rock and roll than in the gig itself. That's why a precision instrument, like our Iron Cobra 900 Series, comes with a specially designed protective carrying case.
Super Stabilizer Design
- During our detailed study of previous pedal concepts, we observed that under the stress of aggressive performance, pedals actually sway from side to side, which undermines efficiency. By widening the frame, the pedal's overall structure is expanded. The supports that hold the revolving shaft are 15mm wider, and the under-plate is about 12mm wider than the previous Cobra.
Extended Footboard Length
- While the overall size of the pedal hasn't changed, we've slightly extended the footboard's length by repositioning the hinge closer to the rear of the heel plate. This adjustment increases the sense of ease and control the player has over the pedal, especially when exerting downward pressure on the footboard.
Hinge Guard Block
- We've changed the construction of the Bearing Hinge on the footplate from a one-piece assembly to two pieces, which holds the bearing more evenly—minimizing stress, and maximizing smoothness, while adding to the pedal's sense of power.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).