As music has progressed, drummers have often gone from being just timekeepers to contributing more broadly to musical expression. This has led drummers to explore more flexible and creative setups enabling greater artistic freedom on the drum kit. One particular limited component of the drumset has been the traditional hi-hat stand. In response, we are proud to release a new Remote Hi-Hat which eliminates the physical limitations of the standard hi-hat stand and allows for ultra-flexible hi-hat positioning, for any setup.
Our goal with this new Remote Hi-Hat was to create the smoothest action and precision possible, to go toe-to-toe with high-end traditional hi-hat stands. Accomplishing this is difficult for a number of reasons, including that for most drum setups, the cable needs to bend. After much research and development, we were able to achieve our ambitions by partnering with JAGWIRE™, a company that develops brake cables for the world’s best mountain bikes.
The new Remote Hi-Hat offers virtually unlimited setup flexibility for hi-hat positioning, with hardly any sacrifice in feel or response. We hope this freedom in positioning will allow drummers to continue exploring new sonic ground and further push the boundaries of music.
•JAGWIRE™ Triple-Layered Ultra-Smooth Cable
•Cable Length : 2,300mm (Shorter 1,200mm cable is available separately)
•Quick-Set Hi-Hat Clutch
•MC66 Universal Clamp
•Ratchet Arm (Φ12mm, Arm Length: 200mm)
•6-way Tension Adjustment
•Cable Holders (x 6)
•Weight: 8.1kg (17lbs)
JAGWIRE™ Triple-Layered Ultra-Smooth Cable
We developed this cable with the full cooperation of the JAGWIRE™ company, which produces brake cables for some of the world’s best mountain bikes. We started with a high strength stainless steel wire that has been proven effective in the most rigorous bike races.
We then adopted a three-layer covering for the cable that boasts a very high flex resistance. To achieve the smoothest operation, we first polish the stainless steel wire, and then cover it with a lubricated tube, which reduces friction. Then we cover that tube with a circular hi-carbon coil, and finally wrap that protective covering made of PVC.
This exclusive three layered construction leads to extreme durability without sacrificing smoothness or response… even for complex setups which require the cable to be bent in numerous places.
We are confident we have produced a Remote Hi-Hat with playability and flexibility that is unparalleled by other products on the market.
Securely holds remote hi-hat stand with hook-and-loop fastener straps inside the bag. Clamp and ratchet arm can be also stored in the inside pocket.
HH905RH comes with 2,300mm cable. Shorter 1,200mm cable is available separately.
- HH905RH2L (2,300mm)
- HH905RH2S (1,200mm)
Clamp & Ratchet Arm
MC66 Universal Clamp and Ratchet Arm (Φ12mm, Arm Length: 200mm) are included.
HH905RH comes with 6 pcs of rotating cable holders, which securely hook the cable with bass drum tension bolt to prevent undue noise and migration.
The lever glide provides a versatile hi-hat for all style of playing. Even if you use a heavy bottom cymbal in the top position, you can still play astoundingly fast and powerfully. You will get a tight, crisp sound when the hi-hat is closed and be able to play with incredibly delicate nuances by half-opening and closing the hi-hat.
Quick-Set Hi-Hat Clutch (PAT.PENDING)
With just one touch, the Quick-Set Clutch can be attached or removed - simply push the button on the side of the clutch. The clutch also allows the top hi-hat cymbal to float more freely, maximizing the natural resonance of the cymbals.
Spring Seat (US.PAT.NO.8604325)
By tilting the bottom hi-hat cymbal, you can get a crisper and clearer hi-hat sound with your foot.
6-Way Tension Adjustment
Six different levels of tension can be achieved quickly by using the six easily visible settings.
Our two-leg design is not only easier to set up in limited spaces, it's actually more secure than the standard three-leg design. The secret is in the small stabilizer under the footboard which effectively shifts the balance and strength of the stand toward the player. Since there's no steel plate under the footboard, Iron Cobra hi-hats are foldable for quick set-up, fast tear down, and easy portability.
Non-Loosening Tension Rod (US PAT.NO.6075192)
The nylon insulator at the end of the rod prevents the rod prevents the rod from loosening as well as the noise caused by metal-to-metal contact.
Hinge Guard Block
The construction of the Bearing Hinge on the footplate has changed from a one-piece assembly to two pieces. This design holds the bearing more evenly - minimizing stress and maximizing smoothness, while also adding to the pedal's sense of power.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).