- Dimensions: 9.75"(L) x 8.5"(W) x 3.25"(H)
- Weight: 7 lbs.
Preamp Module Sold Separately
Unlock the full potential of your Synergy preamp modules with the convenient and powerful SYN-1 Single Module Tube Preamp. The SYN-1 is a roadworthy, professional housing that is compatible with any of Synergy’s interchangeable preamp modules. Want to change your sound? Simply slide in a different Synergy preamp module and you can access a whole new array of boutique amp tones.
The SYN-1 provides a powerful, flexible gateway to boutique tone in several different ways. Using the SYN-1 loaded with a Synergy module you can:
- Go direct out (XLR or ¼”) into a recording console, concert venue mixer or powered monitor
- Add two new “boutique” channels to your current amp via the series effects loop
Run from the direct out of the Synergy into your current amp’s input if there is no effects loop (This method does NOT bypass your preamp, and only gives you the 2 channels of your Synergy module)
By taking advantage of the SYN-1's direct recording and performance capabilities, you'll send the real sound and feel of some of the world's most iconic tube amplifiers right to your track or front-of-house. This is true tube-driven tone, not a digital emulation. The SYN-1's direct XLR output boasts a cabinet simulation that is second to none, offering you a studio-grade tone that is as effortless to attain as hooking up an XLR cable. Do you have your own impulse response that you'd rather use? No problem. Simply bypass the cab sim on the back of the unit. And to further dial in your tube-amp experience, we worked hand in hand with legendary amp designer, Steven Fryette to outfit the SYN-1 with a front-mounted Sag control, supplying you with the feel and response that only a great tube amp can give.
- Intuitive and fast way to record great tube tone
- Balanced XLR output offers cab simulation with bypass
- Licensed Fryette Sag control lets you dial in the preamp's feel and response
- Onboard effects loop for use with your rack and floor-based effects
- Ground lift eliminates unwanted signal noise
TURN ANY AMP INTO A "BOUTIQUE" TONE MACHINE
By hooking the SYN-1 to your amp's series effects loop with a straightforward 3-cable method, you're able to footswitch between the two channels on your Synergy preamp module and your amp's built in channel(s). By clicking ‘bypass’ on the footswitch, you've now bypassed the amplifier's preamp, giving complete tonal control to the SYN-1, and can switch between the two channels of the module. With the simple swap of a module you can turn any amp into a Diezel VH4, Friedman BE, Morgan AC40, or any other of the top-tier amps recreated in the Synergy line. Because each Synergy module boasts two footswitchable channels, and an effects loop, you can effortlessly call up new tones on the fly. Best of all, with the SYN-1's onboard effects loop, you still have the ability to run your favorite rack and stompbox effects before or after the preamp section.
You might ask, “but my amp doesn’t have a series effects loop… can I still use the Syn1?” The answer is YES! You would simply use the ¼” direct out into the input of your amp. However, this method will only allow the use of the 2 channels on the Synergy module, and will not bypass the preamp of your existing amp… but it WILL give you two boutique amp channels!
- Harness the tones of top-tier amp builders through any series effects loop equipped amplifier
- Instantly replace any amp's preamp section with an upgraded, tube-driven module of your choice, or switch between your amp’s preamp and the Syn1.
- Offers convenient and consistent tube tone for players relying on rental gear
- Add two additional channels to any series effects loop equipped amp
- Channels are easily footswitchable
- Select between your module's channels and your amp's internal tone on the fly
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).