- 2 preamp channel - Interchangeable design
- Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume controls
- Two 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two Bright Switches
- Dimensions: 5.5"(L) x 7"(W) x 1.5"(H)
- Weight: 1 lbs.
A cranked British stack is, was, and always will be the sound of rock. From the moment in the 1960s when these amps were created to keep up with the likes of Pete Townshend, Jimi Hendrix, and Eric Clapton, a revolution in thick-creamy overdrive was born. Since that time, there have been a string of British amps so iconic that they continue to rule stages around the world. From the Bluesbreakers album to Malmsteen’s high-flying precision, the company that invented the amp stack is still synonymous with everything hard rock and metal.
In 1981 hard rock and heavy metal had turned a corner. Gone were the loose, fuzzy tones that characterized the genre's infancy. Players were demanding more distortion, tighter performance, and the ability to control it all with a master volume. A certain legendary British amp company responded with one of the most important guitar amplifier heads of all time, affectionately known as the 800. Rock players of all stripes instantly adopted this new machine, writing and performing heavier and faster music than was ever possible before. In fact, for much of the '80s, you were almost guaranteed to find an 800 backing up your favorite rock guitarist. Their aggressive highs and prominent mids made - and continue to make - them the perfect foil for Zakk Wylde's chart-topping work with Ozzy and the dark intensity of Slayer's Kerry King. If you like your rock on the harder side, you definitely know the powerful sound of the monumental 800.
If you’re on the hunt to add that original amp's characteristic bite to your Synergy rig, the 800 preamp is where you'll find it. We went to great lengths to ensure this module represents that amplifier’s tone in great detail. Dave Friedman of Friedman Amplification - who has worked on countless 800s, including personal amps of many guitar heroes - designed the module around his extensive knowledge of what makes the great ones truly special. He then hot rodded the 800 module with a higher-gain channel that takes your tone into even thicker harmonic territory. And for even more cut, both channels of this 12AX7-driven preamp feature a bright switch, ensuring your every note slices right through the mix.
The Synergy 800 features two channels each with gain and volume knobs and a bright switch. Both channels share a three band EQ.
CATHODE SELECT SWITCH:
The Synergy 800 module includes a three position switch which allows you to configure the input tube bass response to match the original circuit of the selected module Patent Pending. Switch setting will will affect the feel and tightness. Each amp designer has a specific combination of components that makes up their input tube circuit. We have selected the three most popular combinations which you can access with this switch. You can experiment and try any of the positions to see what you prefer. The 800 module will come preset to same setting as a Marshall JCM 800 which is switch position 2 (2.7K resistor and .68uf capacitor).
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).