Music Store Live is proud to present this Suhr Classic JM Custom Shop guitar!
In late 2018, we had the opportunity to take a trip to the Suhr factory and hand-select all of the woods to be used for a select run of custom shop guitars for our inventory. Then about 10 months later the results started trickling in. The star of the group has entered the ring... and it's looking like a real winner! This guitar is absolutely stunning from top to bottom with a unique set of gorgeous tonewoods.
You're not likely to find another piece of figured walnut like this in all your time of searching. It's an absolutely beautiful piece of wood that immediately spoke to us and it just seemed natural to use it for a JM. The back has a nice shimmer to it and the neck's figuring goes really well with the top. Both made out of carefully chosen pieces of African okoume. Sonically think of this tonewood as being extremely similar to mahogany, but it's a bit lighter in weight, which helps keep this beauty weighing in at under 8 lbs.
But how does she play? The word "flawless" comes to mind.
The neck is a familiar vintage profile and it feels amazing. It's not big and bulky and it's not paper-thin, either. The natural feel of the exposed wood on the neck is wonderful and only gets better and better over time as the natural oils from your hand rubs into the pores of the okoume. Overall it's an incredibly playable neck that will feel good whether you're playing chords or ripping lead lines.
The Thornbucker neck and Thornbucker Plus pickups are a classic combination that take the vibe of a PAF humbucker but adds a little more oomph to the bridge. It's essentially a vintage sound that can handle some more modern applications as well. The bridge pickup handles distortion beautifully and maintains articulation and clarity when saturated. The neck pickup is harmonically rich, smooth, and creamy.
This is a true masterpiece and work of art... An extremely playable work of art meticulously constructed by the top luthiers over at John Suhr's factory.
Who doesn’t love its big, bold, sweeping shape? While giving the nod back to another era, the Suhr Classic JM starts with a sleeker, more refined body shape and adds enhancements to playability previously unattainable to the guitarist interested in a truly vibe-y guitar.
This custom shop Classic JM offers a Gotoh 510 Tremolo that sounds great and stays in tune with excellent intonation. Thornbucker and Thornbucker Plus pickups that provide a vintage tone with flexibility and versatility to handle various applications. The African okoume body and neck add some mid-range presence and definition while the rosewood fretboard adds warmth to the overall sound. A figured walnut top adds to the uniqueness and beauty of this custom piece.
- Model: JM Custom
- Top: Figured Walnut
- Back: African Okoume
- Material: African Okoume
- Profile: 60's C Vintage Standard - .810" - .930"
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 10" - 14" Compound
- Frets: 22x Medium Stainless Steel - PLEK
- Inlays: Clay Dots
- Nut: 1.650" Bone
- Logo: Silver Outline
- Headstock Shape: Hybrid
- Neck Pickup: Thornbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Thornbucker Plus
- Controls: 1x Volume, 1x Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Color: Chrome
- Bridge: Gotoh 510 Tremolo
- Tuners: Suhr Locking
- Case: Black Tolex Deluxe Hardshell
- Serial #: JS5T6L
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Suhr. This JM Custom is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).