- Suhr Classic Antique HSS
- Alder Body
- Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer w/Light Relic and Checking
- Tinted Maple Neck and Fretboard
- Medium C Neck Profile - .840" - .920" Depth
- Bolt-On Neck Construction
- 25.5" Scale
- Medium Stainless Steel Frets
- 9" - 12" Compound Radius Fretboard
- 1.60" Tusq Nut Width
- Bridge Pickup: ML SSV Humbucker
- Neck and Middle Pickups: ML Standard Single Coils
- Gotoh 510 Bridge w/Steel Block
- Chrome Hardware
- Suhr Locking Tuners
- Suhr Deluxe Gigbag
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Serial #: JS5J3M
Music Store Live is proud to present this Suhr Classic Antique HSS guitar! We've been hearing from you for a few years now that you'd love to see us carrying Suhr guitars. Well, we've listened!
If you're looking at this, chances are you're already familiar with the impeccable reputation that Suhr have built for themselves over the years. Known for their high-end boutique hot-rodded guitars, the craftsmanship and playability of these guitars is unparalleled. If you're looking for something that will be reminiscent of that Strat you had back in the day but want it to play and sound like it was put together with some of today's finest guitar builders... Well, you can stop your search right here! This guitar has a vintage look, but make no mistake that this isn't a vintage sounding strat. It's nitro finish is checked and relic'd and the fretboard is tinted to complete the vintage aesthetics. The SSCii noise reduction system gives you silent (that's right! No more messy 60-cycle hum when soloing a pickup) circuitry while still preserving a true single coil tone. The single coil pickups that are slightly overwound and will provide more output and sustain along with a bit of a mid-range bump to help keep your notes defined if you saturate them with distortion. The humbucker is thick and meaty sounding while still giving you tons of bite on the top-end. Vintage Strats can tend to have very thin and shrill sounding bridge pickups, but not this bad boy! This guitar makes no apologies for it''s aggressive sound, nor should it. It will cut through even the most dense of mixes so you can be heard the way you want to be and your tone won't suffer. The compound radius fretboard makes the playability effortless and stainless steel frets ensure that you can own this guitar for decades without having to worry about getting it re-fretted. This guitar can really do it all. It sounds great clean, but really starts to shine as you add a bit of dirt to the tone. This axe truly rocks!
Here's a demo video of the SSS version of this guitar. The HSS will be extremely similar but you end up with some richer and meatier tones out of the bridge pickup.
Our customers have asked for an instrument that has a vintage look and feel, without sacrificing playability and tone. Enter the Classic Antique. We designed this guitar to ensure it preserves the spirit of a vintage instrument while performing like a Suhr. Impeccable craftsmanship and attention to detail ensure that every neck pocket is tight, every fret is perfectly dressed, and that every instrument is ready for peak performance before leaving our facility.
The nitro-cellulose lacquer finish and our proprietary antiquing process make each Classic Antique feel like it has been loved for years. The Classic Antique now includes: our innovative SSCII (Silent Single-Coil) hum cancelling system, a vintage tinted nitrocellulose neck with stainless steel frets, and a Maple fingerboard option.
IMPECCABLE QUALITY, LEGENDARY PERFORMANCE
The Classic Antique features a Maple neck with your choice of Maple or Indian Rosewood fingerboard. The neck is tinted and finished in nitro-cellulose lacquer, giving it an authentic vintage look and feel.
EVEN C MEDIUM (.840″-.920″)
The Classic Antique is equipped with our Even C Medium profile. Rolled edges and a 9″-12” compound fingerboard radius offers a substantial, yet comfortable shape.
MEDIUM STAINLESS STEEL (.055″ x .090″)
Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability. Every Suhr receives a PLEK fret dress, ensuring the best possible string action, playability and intonation.
The contoured heel of the Classic Antique allows for easier access to the upper register. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen.
CLASSIC BODY SHAPE
This is the standard vintage shape that many of us grew up with and has the addition of a contoured heel where the neck bolts on for easy access to all the frets. The Classic Antique features a lightly aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Alder is one of the most popular guitar body woods of the 1960’s and is favored by blues and rock players for its strong, clear, full-bodied sound, with beefy mids and excellent lows.
Finished in an extremely thin nitro-cellulose lacquer that features natural checking and light aging.
The SSCII is our proprietary silent single coil system. The SSCII is installed inside the body of the guitar and works with traditional single coil pickups. It reduces 60 cycle hum and has no impact on tone, no batteries to change – just transparent noise reduction.
HARDWARE & ELECTRONICS
The unique blend of locking tuners, a high performance bridge, and our proprietary SSCII noise reduction system creates the perfect combination of vintage tones with modern performance.
The Gotoh 510 tremolo bridge features dual steel knife edge pivot points to provide greater functionality and years of trouble free performance. The 510’s steel block increases sustain and tuning stability.
SUHR LOCKING TUNERS
Equipped with staggered Suhr Locking Tuners, which provide an 18:1 gear ratio, improved tuning stability, and no need for a traditional string tree.
This Suhr Classic Antique HSS is brand new, in pristine mint condition, with absolutely no nicks, scratches, or blemishes of any kind and is being sold by an authorized dealer. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.