Suhr Badger 30 All-Tube Amplifier Head, 30-Watt, 120V
Output: 30 Watts
Tubes: 3x 12AX7 Preamp, 2x EL34 Power Section w/Solid State Rectifier
Panel controls: On/Off, Standby, Power, Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble
Outputs: Dual speaker outputs: 4Ω, 8Ω & 16Ω impedance
Dimensions: 20.5" (W) x 8.25” (D) x 9.25” (H)
Weights: 31 lbs
Included Accessories: Padded Cover and Footswitch
Also Available: Matching Suhr 1x12” and 2x12” cabinets with WGS speakers
This 30-watt, all-tube amplifier offers a wide range of classic guitar sounds. Driven by a cathode biased EL-34 power section and features a solid state rectifier, the Badger 30 delivers a variety of full, punchy cleans and rich, tight dynamic overdrive tones.
Whether playing a large stage, small club or your home studio, Badger's Power Scaling feature provides added flexibility. This makes it easy to dial in your ideal tone at any volume - from loud and cranked all the way down to one watt.
In 2005, we set out to design a series of portable, hand built, all-tube amplifiers. These amplifiers would be easy to use and offer players a vast array of classic British tones and would fit right at home in virtually any recording or live performance environment.
The result? In the Winter of 2006, the first Badger amplifier was born and the rest is history. Since it’s debut, players, artists, and producers alike have made the Suhr Badger their go to amplifier for an endless variety of recording and performance applications.
Now ten years later, we are proud to bring to you the next evolution of the Badger. The new Badger series is appointed in an elegant more refined look, and an expanded feature set to bring you the most sophisticated and versatile Badger amplifier to date.
Power Scaling emulates the tonal response of a high wattage amp on 10, at manageable volumes. Power controls the voltage that feeds the output section and in turn, the wattage. As you lower the voltage of the power section you are reducing the amount of signal it can handle before clipping the output section. To compensate for this we use the "Drive" control so you can easily scale down to 4 watts without losing tone & feel.
Single Channel - Cathode Biased
The Suhr Badger is a single channel amp that dynamically interacts with your guitar’s volume control and responds to your playing style. The cathode biased power section lends itself to dynamic, spongey tones and requires no bias adjustment when replacing power tubes.
Feeds the input to the power section. With Power at 10 it acts as a master volume. As a rule of thumb, when you turn down the Power always set the Drive control within 2 numbers of the Power setting. If you set the drive lower than the power it will sound brighter, like a "master volume" amp.
The newly designed preamp section includes a high-voltage cascaded MOSFET Boost (footswitchable) to offer a broader range of cleaner and overdriven tones with increased dynamic range, transparency and tactile responsiveness.
Controls the amount of preamp gain by controlling 2 cascading gain stages simultaneously to drive the input stage.
Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls for each channel are post-gain and passive cut-style. We recommend starting around 5 and dialing to taste. As you increase Gain and/or Drive we recommend dialing back the Bass to retain clarity and definition in the low-end.
Every Suhr Badger includes a buffered all tube effects loop that works equally well with pedals or line level rack gear.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).