Music Store Live is proud to present this Suhr 80's Shred MKII guitar! We've been hearing from you for a few years now that you'd love to see us carrying Suhr guitars. Well, we listened!
Sure, this guitar might look like it's straight from the 80's, but rest assured, the craftsmanship and build quality put it head and shoulders above those hot-rodded strats of old. It's hard not to immediately take note of a guitar like this. "Colorful" would be an understatement. So would "badass"! From an era when music was just loud VISUALLY as it was sonically, this Suhr guitar hangs in there with the best of them. The Gotoh Floyd bridge is reliable and lets you really wail on the tremolo without ever having to worry about your intonation. The satin maple neck is lightning fast to maneuver on and pairs well with the bright, yet balanced, sound of the ebony fretboard.
You can split the humbuckers for a thinner and brighter single coil sound, or utilize them to their full potential and let them roar. They are overwound enough to maintain clarity even when heavily distorted, while yet still being able to achieve some mellower and more traditional tones. But when it comes time to let your hair down, put on those neon spandex pants, and dive back into the 80's, this is the guitar you'll really want by your side. It even has a momentary kill-switch button on it, which provides for endless possibilities of simply having fun with a guitar in your hands.
This is for the guitarist that isn't afraid to sound amazing while also making a visual statement! If you like neon, 80's spandex, wild colors, or simply enjoy having some of the finest handmade instruments around in your hands, this bad boy will be the axe of choice for the bold and the brave.
The Suhr 80’s Shred will bring you back to the glory days when shred was king. When it was all about big hair, spandex and how many notes you could fit into one solo. Guitarists everywhere sought the ultimate in playability and over-the-top styling to set themselves apart. This our friends, is the culmination of that quest for shred. The Suhr 80s Shred MKII comes with a quarter-sawn Maple neck and your choice of either Maple or Ebony fingerboard. The Maple neck with Maple fingerboard produce a muscular tone with strong mids and a percussive attack. Choose the Ebony fingerboard for a slightly more scooped tone. The 80s Shred MKII is equipped with our slimmest elliptical neck profile, and a flat 16″ fingerboard radius. The shred is strong with this one! Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability. Every Suhr receives a PLEK fret dress, ensuring the best possible string action, playability and intonation. The sculpted heel of the Modern allows for easy access to all 24 frets. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen. A sleek take on the Classic design. The body is slightly downsized when compared to a Classic. It has a sharper radius on the edges and slightly longer horns to give it a modern, yet classy look. The Gotoh Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo system keeps your tuning locked down while you dive bomb to your heart’s content. Armed with our high-output Aldrich humbuckers the 80‘s Shred covers everything from chunky low string riffing to screaming high string bends with ease. A momentary push button kill switch lets you easily pull of your favorite stutter effects.
This Suhr 80's Shred MKII is brand new, in pristine mint condition, with absolutely no nicks, scratches, or blemishes of any kind and is being sold by an authorized dealer.
- Suhr 80's Shred MKII
- Neon Drip
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- Reverse Headstock Shape - Matching Neon Drip
- Modern Elliptical Neck Shape - .780" - .830"
- Bolt-On Neck Construction
- 25.5" Scale
- 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel PLEK Dressed Frets
- 16" Compound Radius Fretboard
- 1.60" Tusq Nut Width
- Aldrich Humbucker Pickups
- 5-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Gotoh 510 Bridge w/Steel Block
- Black Hardware
- Suhr Locking Tuners
- Suhr Hardshell Case
- * Neon Spandex Not Included *
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).