Once, when on a junket through the American South, I stumbled upon a chain of pet stores called Pet Supplies “Plus” (emphasis theirs). This troubled me.
Not because I don’t like pets, or pet supplies, it was the “Plus” that did it. I don’t cope well with uncertainty. Did it mean Pet Supplies “Plus” Zombies? Pet Supplies “Plus” a Smoothie Bar? Pet Supplies “Plus” John Travolta signing VHS copies of Swordfish? I couldn’t risk finding out. But in hindsight, I wish I had gotten to the bottom of it.
Well, we’ve put you in a similar predicament with our 76 “Plus” (emphasis mine). If you stop reading here you may never know the true meaning of the “Plus”, and that may haunt you as it has me. So read on, friend, and all will be explained…
Let’s start with the basics. The 76 Plus takes inspiration from the lauded Univox Super Fuzz, Shin-Ei Companion and Ibanez Standard Fuzz. It’s a powerful, cutting fuzz with a baked-in octave up that’s especially apparent the higher you go up the fretboard. Do you like fuzz? Then you’ll especially like this fuzz. Promise.
But what reallymakes this pedal special is the inclusion of an independent wah-like filter that’s as tasty as it is useable—yes, this is that “Plus” I’d alluded to... The filter section of the 76 Plus offers a mind-boggling number of ways to add movement to your tone, from triangle and sawtooth waveforms, to 2, 3 and 4-step sequences.
This filter speed can be dialed in perfectly via the speed knob or for you control-freaks, you can use an external expression pedal (not included) to give you infinitely variable control. We don’t like to “box you in,” so we gave you both options—do what you dig, cool guy.
Knobs & Switches:
- Vol Knob (Right): Adjusts the Fuzz output volume, from quiet to your mom yelling, “TURN IT DOWN!”
- Texture Knob: This control adjusts the mid frequency of the 76 Plus from a deep scoop to a mid-drenched grind.
- Fuzz Knob: When you turn the Fuzz knob up, you get more fuzz. And vice versa. I don’t have to tell you this…
- Speed Knob: Adjusts the speed of the filter (disconnected when expression is plugged in).
- Volume Knob (Left): Adjusts the output volume of the filter.
- Color Switch: Shaves some top-end for a smoother, woolier fuzz. “Left” rolls off some treble, “Right” rolls off even more treble, and “Center” rolls off no treble.
- Clip Switch: “Left” is the original vintage setting (heavy compression & extra breakup), “Right” is a tamer, balanced option, and “Center” is a punchy setting with the compression dialed back a bit.
- Mode Switch: Toggles between three available filter modes: Manual (left), Triangle (center), and Square (right).
- Input/Output:Instrument or other pedal goes on the right side, Amplifier or other pedal goes on the left side.
- EXP Input: Enables the Filter to be controlled by an expression pedal (not included).
- True bypass Footswitches:Turns each side of the effect on and off.
- Power: This pedal requires a center-negative 9-to-18VDC power adapter with at least 10mA of current (not included). There is no option for a battery.
- Dimensions: 4.67" x 3.68" x 1.18" (119mm x 94mm x 30mm)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).