- Skervesen 4AP Soul
- Clear Red Satin
- Mastergrade Flame Maple Top and Matching Headstock
- Swamp Ash Wings w/Rosewood Soul (aka middle)
- 5-Piece Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple/Wenge/Maple Neck
- Birdseye Maple Fretboard
- Luminlay Side Dots
- Stainless Steel Frets - Manually Polished
- Gold Hardware
- Hipshot Bridge
- Hipshot Open Gear Locking Tuners
- Dunlop Straplok System
- ARB Blues Backer Pickups (Gold Covers)
- Skervesen's World Domination Mod - fattens up the tone when in split-coil mode
- Skervesen Hiscox Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 6 lbs.
Music Store Live is very proud to offer up this Skervesen 4AP Soul with a mastergrade flame maple top!
This guitar is a welcomed addition to the already unique and outside-the-box offerings coming from these elite luthiers out in Poland. All Skervesens are built with immaculate attention to detail and this one is no different. What was really impressive about this guitar, however, is it's awesome versatility.
Skervesen is somewhat ubiquitous with "shredder guitars". You're not hearing too many people playing jazz gigs with a clean tone and a Skervesen. With the addition of the 4AP Soul, however, this could all change. The construction of the guitar is every bit as mesmerizing as one might expect from a Skervesen. The neck is lightning fast to maneuver around. It's a bit like a well-built racecar that is so smooth to drive, you don't even realize that you're pushing 100mph on the highway.
But unlike a lot of other Skervesen models, the pickups in this are not quite as aggressive and full of mid-range. They are very spanky and can slice its way to the front of any mix like a chainsaw cutting through room temperature butter. This is definitely a great guitar for somebody that wants cutting leads or bright rhythms. The neck pickup can get really warm and creamy as well for some more subtle tones that sound great whether clean or distorted.
The pickups definitely have hotter output than a PAF, but they have a significantly more vintage and brighter sounding vibe to them than most of the shred-centric pickups that go in some of the Skervesen models. The ability to split the coils gives an even more strat-like snappiness while the world domination mod allows you to split the coils while retaining some of the fattness in your sound.
Overall, we were really impressed with this guitar, here at the shop. It's extraordinarily versatile. It absolutely handles any amount of distortion you can throw at it with grace. But the awesomely surprising bit was how great this also sounded with a clean tone. This really could be the Skervesen that does it all! Anything from a jazz gig to heavy metal could easily be tackled with this baby. They got the name spot on! This beauty has tons of soul!
4AP Soul is our answer to blending new trends and technologies as well as the expansion of the successful model. 4AP Soul combines our original design with brand new possibilities and more classical look! The remodeled body provides better balance and playing comfort. These are just changes you can notice by looking at the guitar. All the not so apparent differences can be noticed through direct experience with this amazing instrument.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).