Type of circuitry: The Killing Floor uses a hybrid J-FET/Op-Amp, optimized for low order harmonics
Bypass: True hard-wire bypass
Gain Control Range – 0dB to 34dB
Up – High Boost, 7 dB @ 10 kHz
Middle – Flat Response
Down – High Cut, 1st order, -3dB @4.8 kHz
Bypass (Footswitch) – Engages the boost effect
Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
Output Impedance: 1K Ohms
Gain: Unity (0dB) dry; off to +3dB wet
THD @ 1 Vo: Unity (0dB) dry; off to +3dB wet.
Noise referred to input: 120dBV (with Gain set for 34dB)
Power: 9V battery or external 9V to 18V Regulated DC Adapter (center negative)
Current Consumption: 3.7mA in active mode, 2.2mA in bypass mode
Dimensions: 2.61” X 4.90” X 1.40”
Weight: 0.8lb. without battery, 0.9lb. with battery
The Killing Floor High Gain Boost gives you both a volume boost and a musical amp-like overdrive all in one, with an unmistakable, undeniable bluesy feel. Use it to boost your overall output for solos, to push an amp further into overdrive, or for a beefy, expressive solo tone. It’s also great as an ‘always on’ pedal for adding the finishing touch to your tone; it’s like an overall enhancer for your entire sound.
The single control knob gives you up to a whopping 34 dB of additional gain for amazing range, from subtle boost to brash chords to a full, fat overdriven lead, while the 3-way Voicing toggle switch lets you sculpt your high end with a boost at 10K, a cut at 4.8K or a flat setting. Use this switch to take the bite out of overly bright single coils, put more sting into a dark humbucker or to add crystal clear, boutique-style airiness to your tone.
The Killing Floor is made in the USA and is True Bypass.
- The Killing Floor High Gain Boost is both a volume boost and a musical amp-like overdrive all in one.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).