Music Store Live is proud to be an official Sandberg dealer! Made in Europe, with the finest German engineering, this bass will slap a smile on your face that you just can't shake. The worn-in feel and look of this one is really well done and makes it feel like you're reunited with a long lost friend the minute you get it into your hands. This one is a truly special instrument and only 3 of these were made for worldwide distribution. This was hand-built and aged by Sandberg's finest builders. If you like to stand out from the crowd and own something that nobody else has, here you go!
Sandberg basses are already very well known over in Europe and are now gaining popularity here in the U.S. for being some of the finest hand-made boutique basses available. Most of the bass players that work here at Music Store Live own at least one Sandberg. The head of our bass department owns 2, himself (and no, they don't give these to us or anything like that). We just really believe that these are some of the best basses out there that are flying a bit under the radar.
The playability is just simply off the charts. The worn-in maple neck feels amazing and is a real playground for your fretting hand. It's smooth and silky and instantly feels familiar and comfortable as soon as you pick it up. The neck is pretty much a traditional J-bass neck, with that classic 1.5" nut width. It's pretty slim and feels extraordinarily effortless to play. Extremely comfortable and easy to play on for hours and hours on end, the neck alone helps make this an instrument you'll never want to put down. The fact that it only weighs just barely over 7.5 lbs without sacrificing any resonance or sustain certainly helps too.
The bass looks really cool, too. The relic job on this one is done just right and in all the right spots. It's definitely their masterpiece aging process, which means it's going to look quite old. Right out of the box it's going to look like a bass that has seen decades of heavy touring and has some stories to tell about life on the road. But the fun really starts once you put it in your hands, plug it in, and start playing. Runs that require string skipping are a breeze and even if you make your living on just the first 5 frets, you'll want to explore the entire neck/fretboard on this because it's just so easy to do so. The neck and fretwork on this are pure perfection.
As well as being effortless to play, this Sandberg VS-4 comes loaded with a Sandberg pickup that sounds like a slightly punchier version of a vintage p-bass pickup. The first thing you're likely to notice are the huge pole pieces on the P-style pickup. This delivers a nice oomph to the notes while still maintaining the characteristic of a tried and true design. This is really a beautiful embodiment of a vintage instrument that can straddle the line between vintage and modern tones all in a simple and easy-to-use package. This one's 100% passive to further lean it into that old-school sonic territory.
Perfect for demanding professionals and discerning hobbyists, this limited edition VS-4 from Sandberg is one of the best p-style designs we've come across, hands down.
Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's newest version of the California body shape finished in a Metallic Red color. The alder body’s previously even rear bouts now have a decidedly offset vibe. The lower horn has less mass and the cutaway is deeper. The neck pocket goes a bit deeper into the body as well to help with the transference of vibrations. Overall these will weigh a bit less than older California body shapes and will have excellent balance when worn with a strap standing up.
- Model: Limited Edition Masterpiece California VS-4
- Body: Alder
- Relic: Masterpiece Aging
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Material: Maple
- Fretboard: Maple
- Profile: Thin D Shape - 1.53" nut width, 21mm thickness at 1st fret
- Inlays: Dots
- Frets: 22
- Scale: 34"
- Radius: 14"
- Nut Material: Graphite + Zero Fret
- Pickup: Sandberg Split-Coil
- Controls: 1x Volume, 1x Tone
- Aged Nickel
- Bridge: Sandberg Custom 18.5mm - 20mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Lightweight
- Made In Germany
- Case: Sandberg Padded Gig Bag
- Serial #: 33768
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sandberg. This Masterpiece California VS-4 Limited Edition bass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Along with our amazing inventory, we can custom order any Sandberg bass or guitar you'd like and we can check their in-stock list if there's something you're after that we don't have. Drop us a message and let us know how we can help get you the Sandberg of your dreams.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).