Music Store Live is proud to be an official Sandberg dealer! Made in Europe, with the finest German engineering, this bass will slap a smile on your face that you just can't shake. For those that need to be conscious of the weight of their bass... How's 6 lbs for a 5-string? And here's the thing, it balances very well, is not neck heavy, and sounds thunderous. Compromise nothing and save a bunch of weight!
They use a paulownia body so the end result is a bass that is beautifully balanced, but yet only weighs 6 lbs! This is the solution for all the bass players out there that need to be mindful of how heavy their instrument is. You can rock for hours and hours and you'll barely even feel it. For these, they also use a Norwegian maple neck instead of Canadian maple and aircraft grade ultra-light hardware. The result is a surprisingly even balance and lack of neck dive to help combat some of the typical issues with overly light basses.
As well as being effortless to play, this Sandberg TT-5 comes loaded with a beautiful sounding electronics package packed with loads of versatility and lush tone. Sandberg's Black Label pickups are becoming their new "go-to" and for good reason (I, personally, have them on 2 of my Sandbergs and love them). They offer plenty of punch while still having the ability to get a bit of an old school sound to them as well. It's a great blend between a modern hi-fi tone and something straight out of the 60's. The pickups are paired up with a 2-band EQ that is subtle, but powerful. A slight boost of the bass and treble yields a gorgeous slap tone! The bass and treble frequencies are notched perfectly for a punchy bottom and snappy top end.
A simple 2-band boost/cut EQ allows you to tweak your sound on the fly without ever having to turn around and fiddle with your amp knobs. From round and thumpy, to bright and poppy, there really aren't too many tones that you can't achieve with this combination of pickups. In passive mode, the treble EQ knob serves as a passive tone knob where the center detent is the equivalent of having the tone knob 100% open and you can cut from there. This is one of our favorite "hidden" features of this bass as it really does make for an instrument that offers just as much usefulness in active mode as it does in passive.
But of course, the big question is how did they manage to build this and have it still be so light? The paulownia body sounds like a hybrid, in tonality, between alder and swamp ash. It's got great clarity and a very pronounced natural attack. You may have also seen paulownia referred to as empress wood. More and more builders are experimenting with this. The bass balances surprisingly well and still feels like a real, pro-caliber instrument, despite this weight that is hard to believe. This is going to allow bass players to play for longer periods of time in complete comfort. Young or old, everybody can benefit from this!
The build quality is amazing, and now you don't have to sacrifice any of your tone to get a bass that is so light you might forget you even have it on! Another big score from Sandberg, for sure!
Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's California body shape. The body is made out of paulownia and the neck is Canadian hard rock maple. Sandberg Black Label pickups and a custom wound Glockenklang 2-band preamp, made just for Sandberg, round out the electronics.
- Model: California II TT-5 Super Light
- Color: Tobacco Sunburst
- Body: Paulownia
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Wood: Norwegian Maple
- Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22 + Zero Fret
- Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: Thin C-Shape
- Nut: 1.77" (45mm) Graphite
- Neck Depth @ 1st Fret: 0.83" (21mm)
- Scale: 34"
- Pickups: Sandberg Black Label Single-Coils
- Preamp: Sandberg 2-Band EQ
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Treble (acts as tone knob when in passive mode), Bass
- Bridge: Sandberg Custom 18mm - 19.5mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Light
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Case: Sandberg Gig Bag
- Made In Germany
- Serial #: 36016
- Instrument Weight: 6.2 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sandberg. This TT-5 SL is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Along with our amazing inventory, we can custom order any Sandberg bass or guitar you'd like.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).