What's lighter than light? Super light!
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this TT-4 from our friends at Sandberg. They use a paulownia body so the end result is a bass that is beautifully balanced, but yet only weighs 6 lbs! This is the solution for all the bass players out there that need to be mindful of how heavy their instrument is. You can rock for hours and hours and you'll barely even feel it. For these they use a Norwegian maple neck instead of Canadian maple and ultra light hardware. The result is a surprisingly even balance and lack of neck dive to help combat some of the typical issues with overly light basses. Sandberg have solved that issue!
As well as being effortless to play, this Sandberg TT-4 comes loaded with some powerful and thoroughly kickass electronics. Sandberg's black label pickups are wonderfully vintage-sounding when run passive. Add in the Sandberg 2-band preamp to get modern active jazz bass tones as well, great for rock and funk applications. This reviewer personally owns a passive TT-4 and absolutely loves it to pieces! The preamp adds some nice versatility. This is a brilliant adaptation of a tried and true design.
The paulownia wood is sometimes also called empress and is growing in popularity. It's a softer wood and has similar tonal properties to swamp ash while carrying a fraction of the weight. It has a very clear and articulate sound with a snappy attack. We've seen a few other manufacturers experiment with this wood and the results were great. Sprinkle in the special Sandberg touch and we were sure these instruments would be nothing short of a grand slam when they first shared their plans with us to build these. We put in an order for a few and we're seeing the first ones roll through the shop now. We're confident these will be game-changers. You no longer need a heavy bass to get a heavy tone.
A simple 2-band boost/cut EQ allows you to tweak your sound on the fly without ever having to turn around and fiddle with your amp knobs. From round and thumpy, to bright and poppy, there really aren't too many tones that you can't achieve with this combination of pickups. It's a killer j-style design! In passive mode, the treble EQ knob serves as a passive tone knob where the center detent is the equivalent of having the tone knob 100% open and you can cut from there. This is one of our favorite "hidden" features of this bass as it really does make for an instrument that offers just as much usefulness in active mode as it does in passive. Add to that the expert craftsmanship that all Sandberg basses share and you've got a true winner here!
Sandberg basses have instantly become shop favorites here and every single one that we get just continues to impress. This bass weighs barely over 6 lbs, looks awesome, plays like a dream, and sounds fantastic. It leaves nothing to be desired (other than maybe wishing for more hours in the day so you could play it more).
- Model: California II TT-4 Super Light
- Color: 3-Tone Sunburst
- Body: Paulownia
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Neck Wood: Norwegian Maple
- Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22 + Zero Fret
- Fretboard Inlays: None (white side dots)
- Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: Thin D-Shape
- Nut: 1.53" (39mm) Graphite
- Neck Depth @ 1st Fret: 0.83" (21mm)
- Pickups: Sandberg Black Label
- Preamp: Custom 9v 2-Band EQ (designed by Glockenklang)
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Treble/Passive Tone, Bass
- Bridge: Sandberg Custom 18.5mm - 20mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Light
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Case: Sandberg Gig Bag
- Made In Germany
- Serial #: 36075
- Instrument Weight: 6.2 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sandberg. This TT-4 Super Light is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).