- Sandberg Basic 5
- 5-String Bass
- Blueburst Matte Finish
- European Ash Body
- Tinted Canadian Hard Rock Maple Neck
- Tinted Maple Fretboard
- Zero Fret
- 34" Scale
- 14" Fretboard Radius
- 45mm (1.77") Nut Width @ Zero Fret
- Thin D-Shape Neck
- Neck Thickness: 21 mm @ 1st Fret
- Graphite Nut
- 4-Ply Tortoiseshell Pickguard
- Sandberg Power Humbucking Pickup
- Glockenklang Custom 3-Band Preamp (9V)
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Bass, Mids, Treble
- Sandberg Custom Bridge: 18 mm - 19.5 mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Gold Hardware
- Sandberg Gig Bag Included
- Instrument Weight: 9.9 lbs
- Made In Germany
Music Store Live is proud to be an official Sandberg dealer! Made in Europe, with the finest German engineering, this bass will slap a smile on your face that you just can't shake.
Sandberg basses are already very well known over in Europe and are now gaining popularity here in the U.S. for being some of the finest hand-made boutique basses available. The playability is just simply off the charts. Whether you're a 4-string player or used to 5-strings, you'll feel right at home on this one. The matte finish over the European ash feels great and is a unique take on a traditional color scheme that allows the wood to breathe for a sound that will only continue to improve with age.
The bass looks really cool, but the fun really starts once you put it in your hands. Along from the simply divine neck, you'll notice a very flat fretboard on there. This makes grooving or playing fast licks a breeze up and down the fretboard. Runs that require string skipping are a breeze and even if you make your living on just the first 5 frets, you'll want to explore the entire neck/fretboard on this because it's just so easy to do so.
Along with being effortless to play, this Sandberg Basic 5 comes loaded with some powerful and thoroughly kickass electronics. The pickup, I'm sure, looks very familiar. There's a reason this bass has been affectionately dubbed as the 'Ray Killer. That big and powerful humbucker located right in the "sweet spot" will likely remind you of another classic design. A custom-wound Sandberg pickup and Glockenklang 3-band EQ along with being a boutique-quality hand-built instrument force this bass to be in high consideration if you're looking for THAT sound.
In a lot of ways, the tone will be familiar. What really sets this apart, in my humble opinion, is the craftsmanship and overall build quality. In addition to being lighter in weight than a lot of the 5-string 'Rays out there, this hand-made tone beast has a super fast and easy-to-play neck. Flying up and down the fretboard is an absolute breeze while hanging out and grooving down in the first 5-frets all night long is just as comfortable. When you have fretwork and craftsmanship of this level, you can redefine what "low action without fret buzzing" means. The powerful low-B string is tight and punchy and the zero fret helps your open strings sound more consistent with the tone of your fretted notes.
Whether you like to slap, play with a pick, or use your fingers, this bad boy can handle it all and is ready for the studio, bright lights of the big stage, or if you're just jamming with some buddies. The Sandberg Basic 5 is a truly pro quality instrument that will give you a lifetime of enjoyment.
Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's "Basic" body shape and matte Blueburst finish over a European ash body. Electronics are a Sandberg power humbucking pickup with a Glockenklang custom 3-band EQ designed just for Sandberg.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized Sandberg Guitars and Basses dealer. Along with our amazing inventory, we can custom order any Sandberg bass or guitar you'd like.
This Sandberg Basic 5 is 100% brand new and is being sold by an authorized dealer with full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).