A Nasty Crash, Designed for Dave Weckl
It’s hard to believe Sabian introduced its radically innovative O-Zone cymbals way back in 2002. Described as having a “space-age look”, they delivered a brand new sound that was aggressive, raw and nasty. Happily, the instant Sabian uber-endorser Dave Weckl played one. He was intrigued by the possibilities of the radical new design. As a result, a brand new concept was developed within Weckl’s HHX Evolution line. The HHX Evolution O-Zone is not a typical crash. The sound is a crude and very aggressive combination of a Thin Crash and Chinese - extremely raw, nasty and very biting. The attack has an immediate high followed by low, dark and dirty sustain. The 18” HHX Evolution O-Zone has eight 2” holes that serve to increase the nasty-factor. They also lighten the weight of the cymbal, so while size and volume remain the same, the response is actually much faster with less metal mass to move. The holes also limit the movement of vibrations to gate the sound, which increases the definition of each stroke.
Versatile by Design
“The perforated design of the O-Zone,” notes Sabian Master Product Specialist Mark Love, “is something we had developed in The Vault. Dave Weckl was intrigued by its possibilities and he wanted something that was more ‘out there’ - something really different, yet compatible. Because the Evolution O-Zone Crash is so unique, it has something to offer in virtually any music setting. We see all kinds of Sabian artists adding these to their set-ups, and these are guys playing everything from jazz to hard rock.” Available in 16” and 18”, the HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash features a large bell and narrow lathing. It’s available in Brilliant Finish, and along with the Evolution Mini-Chinese and Evolution Effects Crashes, it rounds out a trio of incredibly versatile effects cymbals within the HHX Evolution line.
Sabian HHX – Modern Dark
Until HHX, dark cymbals simply did not cut. With HHX, Sabian changed all of that. Using an innovative combination of high-profile shape, large raw bell and jumbo sized hammering, they ensured that the dark, tonally complex sound of HHX cuts in any situation. Essentially, they took the warm, dark, complex tone of HH cymbals and made it cut for modern musical settings. While other cymbals may generate darkness, HHX stirs up more simmering heat, more musical dirt, more of what drummers want to hear – and projects it. It gets you heard. It’s just another innovative design feature, created by the Sabian Vault team.
Who Plays HHX?
Delivering simmering Modern Dark tone at all volumes, it’s little wonder HHX is played by top Sabian artists.
Hand-crafted – Every Step of the Way
Like all Sabian B20 Cast Cymbals, the HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash begins its life in the Foundry, where a centuries-old family process is used to create the most musical and durable of all cymbal alloys. Inside the Foundry, Sabian metallurgists combine carefully measured amounts of Copper, Tin and Silver, heat it to 2100 degrees Fahrenheit, and pour it into casts. At this stage, it’s hard to believe these castings will eventually become a cymbal. But first, they must go on a journey that will take them through the processes of Multi-rolling for intensity, Hammering for tone, Lathing for enhanced response and projection, and a final Aging process in the legendary Sabian Vault for optimum sound. In a sense, it’s a journey that’s only complete when you play the cymbal of your choice - an evolution from idea to reality. It is this process – innovation blended with traditional cymbal-making – that made HHX an award-winning sensation when it burst upon the scene in 2001.
- Designed with legendary Dave Weckl
- Crude, aggressive blend of a Thin Crash and Chinese
- Eight 2” holes for extra-quick response and explosive attack
- Extremely raw, nasty and biting
- Low, dark and dirty sustain
- HHX Series Cymbals offer Modern Dark tone
- Crafted from Sabian B20 Bronze
- Quality protected by Sabian 2-Year Warranty
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).