Rothwell Heartbreaker Overdrive / Boost Pedal
Out of stock
Music Store Live is proud to present this Rothwell Heartbreaker Overdrive / Boost Pedal! When Rothwell tells you this is their most versatile pedal, you listen up. We've been really impressed with these pedals and the Heartbreaker is absolutely no exception. The tonal options available on this pedal make it a must have for studio recording as well as live use. Listen for yourself!
The following information is from Rothwell's website:
The Heartbreaker is our most versatile overdrive/boost and features some innovative circuit design to make this pedal capable of producing a wide range of tones superbly. The high/low gain switch allows the Heartbreaker to produce a healthy signal boost with minimal distortion and maximum dynamics when set to the low gain position, and thickly saturated lead tones when set to the high gain position. The bass and treble controls can be used to shape the sound to your taste by producing a mid range scoop when both controls are set high and a mid range boost when both controls are set low and a whole range of tones between the two extreme settings. This flexibility with superb tone whether set for high distortion or clean boost is due to our meticulous circuit design.
Most distortion pedals will only back off to anything like a clean signal when the gain is turned right down and then the signal level is too low to act as a clean boost, and the tone with the gain set low is often very thin. The Heartbreaker goes way beyond the performance of most distortion pedals because its circuitry is much more sophisticated than most distortion pedals. The Heartbreaker has three separate distortion stages, each with a higher voltage threshold than is common in other manufacturers’ pedals, with the high/low gain switch working on the last distortion stage and the rotary gain control working on the first stage. With the gain switch set low and the volume control set to maximum, the gain control can be set very low to give low distortion tones with a significant level boost and wide dynamics due to the use of our unique high threshold circuitry.
When heavy distortion is called for, the Heartbreaker will oblige with a classic rock distortion tone which stays weighty and full sounding, laced with harmonic richness but never becoming fizzy. Whereas most distortion pedals either sound good when set to high gain but sound awful at low gain settings or sound good before too much gain causes them to become fizzy and compressed, the Heartbreaker produces classic tones at either end of the spectrum. This feat is achieved by our carefully designed circuit that has different threshold voltages for opposite ends of the frequency spectrum and which responds to the signal level so that high level signals are effectively EQ’d differently to low level signals. This allows moderate gain levels to sound fat and rounded rather than dull for classic blues and rock tones and high gain levels to give a very aggressive modern rock tone without becoming too thin or brittle sounding.
The bass and treble controls are based on a passive tonestack design derived from the classic circuits of vintage valve amps. With both the bass and treble set high there is a gentle scoop in the midrange at around 700 hertz. This gives a modern high gain sound with weighty bass and a bright sheen to the treble. Setting the bass and treble controls low gives a mid range boost at around 2 kHz for a more vintage sound. A wide range of tones between the two extremes can be achieved by careful EQ settings.
The Heartbreaker’s case is constructed from heavy duty steel with a thick rubber base and the control panel is recessed to make the controls as robust as possible. All the components are top quality with UK sourced printed circuit boards, custom made chassis mounted pots, CNC metalwork, anodised aluminium control panel (no screen printing) and tool-free battery access, and all the electronic and mechanical assembly is carried out in the UK to make the Heartbreaker a truly UK made boutique effects pedal of the highest quality.
- Controls : Gain - Bass- Treble - Volume
- High Gain / Low Gain Button
- Heavy Duty Steel Casing
- True Bypass
- Power : 9 volt Battery (included) or DC Power Supply (not included)
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & FinancingLayaways
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).
- 6 Month Interest Free Financing is available via Paypal's Bill Me Later Program which is available upon checkout.
- For a longer financing term, contact your Guitar Specialist at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 and we'll be happy to get you pre-approved for financing terms. Up to 5 year payment terms are available!