Manufacturer's DescriptionMid-Level V-Drums, Next-Generation Performance
The mid-level TD-27KV delivers the immersive sound and response that you only get with V-Drums. At its heart is the powerful new TD-27 sound engine, filled with premium-grade, fully-customizable drum and cymbal sounds. Advanced digital trigger technology detects every playing nuance in ultra-high definition, while large-diameter drum and cymbal pads offer exceptional feel, presented in a spacious acoustic-style layout.
Larger Pads and Cymbals
Many electronic drum kits feel quite different from acoustic kits, mainly due to small pads and lower height. The TD-27KV dispels this convention with large-diameter pads and cymbals, presenting a spacious layout that makes every drummer feel at home. The 14" x 4.3" stainless-steel snare and 10" toms feature Roland’s legendary multi-ply mesh heads, providing unmatched response and adjustable tension for natural rebound. The 12" hi-hat cymbals mount on a standard acoustic hi-hit stand, while an 18" ride cymbal and 12" and 13" crash cymbals are mounted on sturdy boom arms for great stick feel and authentic swinging motion.
14" Digital Snare and 18" Digital Ride Cymbal
Roland’s cutting-edge digital pad technology brings even deeper realism to the V-Drums experience. The digital snare and ride pads connect to the TD-27 module via USB cables, working together with the sound engine to deliver the most natural expression, allowing your drumming skills to be heard in incredible detail. Multiple sensors and lightning-fast processing provide amazing response, enabling you to play genuine techniques in the most natural way. Ghost notes, rim shots, and cross stick playing on the snare are precisely detected and translated, while the ride offers wide tonal range and the ability to subtly mute with just a touch of the bow.
Go Deeper with Prismatic Sound Modeling
Derived from the flagship TD-50, the TD-27 sound module is filled with drums that live and breathe like acoustic instruments. We start by sampling the finest drums, percussion, and cymbals—both vintage and modern—in world-class recording studios. Roland’s unique Prismatic Sound Modeling is then applied to the samples, bringing them alive with proprietary behavior modeling refined over two decades. Every time you strike a drum or cymbal, you’re not simply triggering a canned sound—you’re playing a full-bodied instrument that responds like its acoustic counterpart in every way, with an unprecedented sonic range at your command.
Create (and Craft) Your Signature Drum Kit
With acoustic drums, you make the sound your own by swapping head types, adjusting the tuning, applying damping, tweaking the snare wire tension, changing out the kick beater, and more. This is all possible with the TD-27 module, allowing you to craft customized kits for any situation. Just strike a pad to select it, and then use the hands-on controls and intuitive editing tools to get the sound just how you like it. Your edits are saved automatically too, so you always stay focused on playing. It’s even possible to load your own samples and layer them with the internal sounds to personalize kits even more.
PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
New PureAcoustic Ambience Technology optimises each kit, creating an incredibly natural and immersive sound field when playing. But you can go deeper too, and adjust the mic position on each drum kit, and dial in the overall sound with the newly developed overhead mic simulator. Finally, advanced onboard multi-effects and mixing capabilities give you the power of a full-scale studio console, with transient, parametric EQs, compressors, reverbs, delays, and more at your command.
Powerful Connectivity for Stage and Studio
The TD-27KV delivers fantastic sound for live performance or recording, thanks to a wealth of connectivity options. The TD-27 module features stereo outputs for the overall drum sound, plus two direct outputs for sending kick, snare, and other sounds to an audio console for independent mixing. In the studio, the built-in USB audio interface makes computer music production easy, with up to 28 audio channels available over a single cable. MIDI is also supported via USB and dedicated I/O, allowing you to sync with other MIDI devices and trigger sounds in computer software.
Kit Expansion Made Easy
With the TD-27KV, you’re not stuck with a static setup. Using the TD-27 module’s three auxiliary trigger inputs, it’s easy to add tom and cymbal pads to bolster your arsenal. Whatever you’re thinking, the auxiliary trigger inputs are the gateway to your ideal drum setup.
Bluetooth Connectivity and Built-In Coaching Tools
Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream audio from a phone or laptop to the module, ideal for jamming with headphones. Play along with favorite music tracks or mix the sound from a YouTube lesson video with the kit. Onboard coach functions develop skills and track your progress, while the advanced metronome helps improve your inner clock. And at any time, you can record your playing and listen back to highlight what you need to work on.
- Mid-size V-Drums kit with flagship-class sound
- TD-27 sound module with advanced Prismatic Sound Modeling derived from the flagship TD-50
- 14" digital snare and 18" ride cymbal with high-resolution, multi-sensor triggering for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- Large-diameter pads and cymbals provide an acoustic-like playing experience
- Drum in a variety of hyper-realistic sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- Hands-on interface for quick-and-easy selecting and personalizing drum sounds
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo mix output and two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- Three auxiliary trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Kit configuration
- Drum sound module: TD-27 x 1
- Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- Tom: PDX-100 x 3
- Hi-hat: VH-10 x 1
- Crash1: CY-12C x 1
- Crash2: CY-13R x 1
- Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- Kick: KD-10 x 1
- Drum stand: MDS-STD2 x 1 *1
- Extra trigger input jack: 4 (AUX1-AUX3, CRASH 2) *2
Size and Weight
- 1,500 (W) x 1,200 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
- 59-1/16 (W) x 47-1/4 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches (including Kick pad, Cymbals, Hi-hat stand and Drum throne)
- Weight: 32.0 kg / 70 lbs 9 oz
- Sound module mount
- AC adaptor
- Special connection cable
- Connection cable (Crash2)
- Drum key
- Setup Guide
- Owner's manuals
- Options (sold separately)
- Cymbal mount: MDY series
- Pad mount: MDH series
- Personal drum monitor: PM series
- V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- V-Drums mat: TDM series
- Noise eater: NE-10, NE-1
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).