A Lifetime of Drumming Starts Here
If you’ve always dreamed of playing drums, you’ll know it’s a powerful ambition. But along with the excitement, you may also feel that learning drums is too hard. And yet, while you certainly do have to put in some effort, becoming a tight drummer may not be as tough as you think. If you can tap in time to music, you already have an intuitive understanding of the fundamentals of rhythm...you just need to take the next step. Roland V-Drums are the world’s most popular electronic drums, thanks to their powerful sound, great playing feel and legendary durability. And if you think you might have drumming in your blood, the new V-Drums TD-1DMK will help you find it. The TD-1DMK provides a fulfilling drumming experience in a compact kit that’s easy to move around. The simple-yet-powerful module includes a variety of expressive drum kits, connected to Roland’s renowned dual-mesh pads for snare and toms which match the feel of playing on acoustic drums but without the noise* – great for late-night practice sessions. You can play with headphones too, so you won’t disturb family or neighbors, and with onboard coach functions and the ability to connect to Melodics drum training software, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll improve. Pick up the sticks, take a deep breath and pull up to the TD-1DMK. A lifetime of drumming awaits – so what are you waiting for?
For Beginners – Start Playing Drums
If you’ve haven’t played drums before, you might think it’ll be too difficult, or that learning on an electronic kit is complicated. The TD-1DMK is a hassle-free drum kit that’s easy to set up and intuitive to use. Just connect the power, switch on and connect either your headphones or monitor speakers. You’re ready to start playing an authentic-sounding collection of drums, with a choice of 15 preset kits, for a realistic and engaging drumming experience. And when it’s time to start working on your drum skills, onboard coach functions and Melodics for V-Drums software let you learn the essentials and quickly start climbing the ladder. It’s easy to move around in your home too, so whether you’re playing solo or want to perform for your friends and family, the TD-1DMK can go wherever you play.
For Parents – Help Develop Your Child’s Sense of Rhythm
When your child learns a musical instrument, they also learn about life. Along with discipline and determination, the sheer enjoyment they’ll get when playing drums is priceless. Developing accurate timing and keeping a solid beat are fundamental elements of drumming, and the TD-1 module’s onboard metronome and 10 coach functions show your child how their timing skills are improving. The game-like experience of the coaching functions means that although they’re learning, every session is fun and engaging. Melodics for V-Drums, a free application for Windows or Mac computers, provides a series of free drum lessons that help develop a sense of rhythm without it seeming like hard work.
The TD-1DMK’s pads are quieter than other electronic drums too, so your child can practice without limitation. From durable dual-ply mesh heads to a kick drum pad that absorbs the impact of a beater, all V-Drums are built to be noticeably quieter when played*. The TD-1DMK can continuously support your child as they develop the concentration, patience and physical strength that comes through regular playing.
For Students – Become a Better Drummer
Whether you want to be a drum hero in a band or you just want to develop solid drumming skills, the TD-1DMK helps you get there by supporting the techniques learned in your tuition. The TD-1DMK faithfully responds to the subtle nuances of your playing – with every stick hit and all the dynamics detected and faithfully relayed, thanks to the fast processing and authentic acoustic sounds of the TD-1 module. And as you improve, the TD-1 module can keep up with you, reflecting your superior technique and expression. The dual-layer mesh heads for the snare and toms can be tension-adjusted and offer stronger stick resistance compared with other mesh heads, giving natural rebound and feel that’s as close as possible to the feel of playing acoustic drum heads. Kick pedal feel and rebound is also important for your drumming – so the TD-1DMK is compatible with your choice of kick pedal, including double-kick pedals, while the soft rubber pad absorbs the energy from the beater, for a natural feel, faithful rebound and quieter performance.
If You Used to Play Drums, It’s Time to Come Back
If you used to play drums, you’ll remember how good it felt – whether the sheer physicality and expression of playing alone, or the enjoyment of collaborating with other musicians and nailing a song together. The TD-1DMK can help bring drums back into your life, whether you’re brushing up your skills or picking up where you left off. From onboard songs across a variety of genres, to connecting your smartphone to the module and playing along to your favorite tracks, the TD-1DMK lets you play along with music while you smooth out those rough edges. And if those edges are a little too rough, the quiet performance of the TD-1DMK and the option to use headphones lets you immerse yourself in the music without disturbing your family. The durable TD-1DMK is infused with legendary V-Drums reliability too, so you can play with confidence for years to come. And as your skills and ambitions grow, you can expand the TD-1DMK by adding an extra crash cymbal or even upgrading the sound module. Give yourself a break – start playing drums again with the TD-1DMK.
- Dual-ply mesh heads with tension adjustability for a quiet and realistic drumming experience
- 256 notes of polyphony
- 15 preset drum kits with authentic, expressive drum sounds for accurate and true-to-life drumming
- Built-in metronome with adjustable tempo and timing settings to help improve timing
- 10 onboard coaching functions for tracking your progress and motivation to play
- Record function lets you listen back to what you just played, for evaluation purposes
- 15 onboard songs to play along with, covering a variety of music genres
- Legendary Roland quality and durability – built to support your drumming for years to come
"Bass drum pedal not included"
- Kit configuration (*1)
- Kick, Snare, Hi-hat, Hi-hat control pedal, Tom x 3, Crash, Ride, Drum stand
- Kick: Compatible for using a double kick pedal
- Snare (PDX-8): 8 inches, double mesh head (2-ply), dual trigger (head, rim)
- Hi-hat (CY-5): 10 inches (fixed-type)
- Hi-hat control pedal: Detectable for half-open stroke
- Tom (PDX-6A) x 3: 6 inches, double mesh head (2-ply), single trigger (Head) *2
- Crash (CY-5): 10 inches, dual trigger (bow, edge)
- Ride (CY-5): 10 inches, dual trigger (bow, edge)
- Drum stand: Four-post type rack stand
- Drum kits: 15
- Coach functions (10 modes)
- Time check (easy)
- Time check (hard)
- Auto up/down
- Quiet count
- Tempo check (easy)
- Tempo check (hard)
- Stroke balance
- Songs: 15
- Tempo (40–260)
- Rhythm type (5 types)
- Sounds (8 types)
- Volume (10 levels)
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- OUTPUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
- TRIGGER INPUT connector: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Hi-hat, Crash 1, Crash 2, Ride, Hi-hat control)
- Interface: USB MIDI (transmitting only)
- Power supply: AC adaptor
- Current draw: 150 mA
- Setup Guide
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Special connection cable
- Options (sold separately)
- Additional crash cymbal (Crash2): CY-5, MDY-12 *3
- Kick: KD-9, KD-10, KT-9, KT-10
- Personal drum monitor: PM series
- V-Drums mat: TDM series
Size (Including sound module, kick pad, kick pedal and drum throne)
- Width: 1,200 mm, 47-1/4 inches
- Depth: 1,100 mm, 43-5/16 inches
- Height: 1,200 mm, 47-1/4 inches
Size and Weight
- Weight: 17.8 kg, 39 lbs. 4 oz.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).