- Rated Power Output: 3 W
- Nominal Input Level (1 kHz): INPUT: -10 dBu/1 M ohm; i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Speaker: 12 cm (5 inches) x 1
- Controls: POWER switch, AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, JC CLEAN, BLACK PANEL, BRIT COMBO, CLASSIC STACK, R-FIER STACK, EXTREME, MIC), MEMORY button, TUNER button, GAIN knob, VOLUME knob, TONE knob, EFX knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE), DELAY/REVERB knob (DELAY, REVERB, SPRING), MASTER knob
- Indicators: POWER, MEMORY, EFX, DELAY/REVERB, TUNER
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4-inch phone type), i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack (4-pole miniature phone type), REC OUT/PHONES jack (Stereo miniature phone type), DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 6
- Current Draw: 155 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline battery: Approximately 20 hours, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 25 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 2,400 mAh.)
* This can vary depending on the capacity of the batteries and the conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC adaptor, Strap,Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)
Size and Weight
- Width: 247 mm 9-3/4 inches
- Depth: 172 mm 6-13/16 inches
- Height: 227 mm 8-15/16 inches
- Weight: 2.7 kg 5 lbs. 16 oz.
A top-seller worldwide for nearly 10 years running, the MICRO CUBE is the most popular battery-powered amp of all time. The new MICRO CUBE GX retains the tiny size and huge sound of its legendary predecessor while adding many great additions and improvements, including i-CUBE LINK, increased output power, a chromatic tuner, and a MEMORY function for saving your favorite settings. The massive, high-gain EXTREME brings the total number of COSM amps to eight, while HEAVY OCTAVE has been added to the onboard effects section for thick, ultra-low tones. i-CUBE LINK opens many new opportunities for practice and recording, providing a built-in audio interface for working with music apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Ultra-compact guitar amp with custom-designed speaker
- Eight COSM amp tones, including the ultra-heavy EXTREME amp
- Eight DSP effects, including HEAVY OCTAVE and dedicated DELAY/REVERB with spring emulation
- MEMORY function for saving favorite amp and effects settings
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the MICRO CUBE GX’s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Chromatic tuner built in
- Runs on battery power or supplied AC adapter; carrying strap included
Huge Tone to Go
- The MICRO CUBE GX features the same ultra-compact footprint, battery-powered operation, and big tone that made the original MICRO CUBE such a massive hit around the globe. With up to 25 hours of playing time using six NiMH AA-size batteries, you can enjoy uninterrupted fun while jamming at home, at the beach, on camping trips, at parties—wherever! Increased power output delivers even better performance than before, and a chromatic tuner is built in, eliminating the need to carry an external tuner when you play.
World-Class Amps and Effects
- Filled with Roland’s renowned COSM amps, the MICRO CUBE GX provides tones for playing any musical style, from ultra-clean jazz to heavy rock and everything in between. The newly added EXTREME amp kicks things up a notch, giving you a massive voice for crushing, in-your-face metal riffs. There’s also a MIC setting for using the amp with a vocal microphone. Five different EFX types are available to sweeten your sound, with a new HEAVY OCTAVE effect that works great for adding unique, ultra-low power to distorted tones. An independent DELAY/REVERB processor is onboard as well, with a newly added spring reverb option for authentic surf and roots-rock sounds.
- The new MEMORY function turns the MICRO CUBE GX into a dual-channel amp, greatly increasing its versatility. It couldn’t be simpler to use—just dial up the amp tone and effects you want, hold the MEMORY button for a few seconds, and your settings are saved! After that, you can toggle between the saved setup and the current knob settings with a quick button press. Use it for saving a favorite sound, switching between rhythm and lead tones, or calling up a special sound for a particular song or style.
i-CUBE LINK: Built-In Interface for iOS Devices
- Onboard the MICRO CUBE GX is Roland’s innovative i-CUBE LINK interface, which lets you integrate with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a real guitar amp with great tone. Unlike typical bulky and inconvenient iOS guitar interfaces, i-CUBE LINK connects to your device’s audio jack quickly and simply with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. With i-CUBE LINK, you can play along with music tracks and send studio-quality COSM tones with effects straight into the recording app of your choice. The versatile i-CUBE LINK jack can also be used as a simple stereo input, enabling you to plug in nearly any music player or audio device and play it through the MICRO CUBE GX.
CUBE JAM App: Powerful, Fun, and Free
- Available for free from the App Store, the Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a fun command center for jamming, recording, and learning. Play back commercial songs and minus-one tracks through the MICRO CUBE GX via i-CUBE LINK and riff along for hours with the amp’s great COSM tones. CUBE JAM also records audio through the i-CUBE LINK connection, letting you capture your jams with a single touch. After recording, you can adjust the volume of your guitar and backing music independently in the app, then export your mix to a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file. CUBE JAM also includes powerful tools for music practice, including independent speed and pitch adjustment of audio playback, Center Cancel to remove solos and create your own jam tracks, and more.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).