Maximum Power Output50 W (25 W + 25 W)Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)MIC/INSTRUMENT INPUT: -50/-10 dBu
MIC/GUITAR INPUT: -10 dBu
LINE IN: -10 dBu
AUDIO IN (i-CUBE LINK): -10 dBu
AUX IN/STEREO LINK IN: -10 dBuNominal Output Level (1 kHz)LINE OUT (L/MONO, R)/STEREO LINK OUT (L, R): -10 dBuSpeakersWoofer: 20 cm (8 inches) x 2
Tweeter: 5 cm (2 inches) x 2
BATTERY CHECK/MUTE button
OUTPUT POWER switch (ECO, NORMAL, MAX)
SELECT switch (MIC, INST)
TYPE switch (A-GUITAR, ACOUSTIC SIM, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, MIC)
CHORUS/DELAY knob (CHORUS, DELAY)
BATTERY CHECK/MUTE button
STEREO LINK/LINE OUT switchIndicatorsPOWER
INPUT jack: Combo type (XLR type, 1/4-inch TRS phone), balanced
FOOT SW (REVERB) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
INPUT jack: Combo type (XLR type, 1/4-inch TRS phone), unbalanced
FOOT SW (TIP: CHORUS/DELAY, RING: REVERB) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
STEREO AUDIO IN (i-CUBE LINK) jack: 4-pole miniature phone type
STEREO LINE IN (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
AUX IN/STEREO LINK IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
Pad10 inches, 13 sections, Pressure-Sensitive
* An external trigger input is provided, allowing you to connect a pad (sold separately).Kits200
Kit Chains15 chains (50 steps per chain)
User InstrumentNumber of User Instruments: Maximum 500 (includes factory preloaded user instruments)
Sound Length (total): 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo
File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
EffectsMulti-Effects: 3 systems, 25 types
Ambience: 10 types
3-band Kit EQQuick RecResolution: 480 ticks per quarter note
Recording Method: Realtime
Maximum Note Storage: approx. 30,000 notes
Export File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
Realtime Modify knob
DisplayGraphic LCD 64 x 128 dots
ConnectorsOUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
MIX IN jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
TRIG IN jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
HH CTRL jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
FOOT SW jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B (Audio, MIDI)
USB MEMORY port: USB Type A
DC IN jack
InterfaceHi-Speed USB (USB Audio, USB MIDI, USB Flash Memory)
Power SupplyAC Adaptor
Current Draw700 mA
Options (sold separately)Kicks: KD series
Pads: PD series, PDX series, BT-1
Cymbals: CY series
Hi-Hat Control Pedal: FD series
Pad Stand: PDS-10
Carrying Bag: CB-HPD
Foot Switch: BOSS: FS-5U, FS-6
Pedal Switch: DP-2
Personal Drum Monitor: PM-10
USB Flash Memory
* Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth311 mm
12-1/4 inchesDepth404 mm
15-15/16 inchesHeight102 mm
4-1/16 inchesWeight2.4 kg
5 lbs. 5 oz.
Roland takes digital hand percussion to a new dimension with the HandSonic HPD-20, a unique and versatile instrument that’s ideal for a wide range of music creators, from percussionists and drummers to electronic dance music performers, composers, and producers. Equipped with the renowned SuperNATURAL sound engine and potent multi-effects, the HPD-20 offers 850 dynamic, ready-to-play sounds, plus the ability to import your own custom sounds via USB flash memory. 13 pads provide ultra-sensitive response and flexible control options for playing onboard sounds and external MIDI instruments with an incredible range of expression. The HandSonic pad interface also excels in computer music applications, where it’s perfect for playing virtual instruments, recording MIDI and audio performances in DAW software, and much more. And with its convenient trigger inputs, you can easily expand the HPD-20 with a Roland pad and hi-hat controller to build a super-compact percussion set.
Discover the Power of HandSonic
Going far beyond typical pad controllers, the HandSonic HPD-20 is a sophisticated hand percussion instrument with an amazing level of expressive power. It features 13 velocity-sensitive pads arranged in a circular configuration, with different pad sizes for maximum ergonomic efficiency. You strike the pads to play sounds, of course, but you can also touch or press a pad to dampen or mute another pad’s tone, adjust its pitch, and more. This lets you execute traditional acoustic hand percussion techniques with authentic results, and also create dynamic, unique textures that are perfect for electronic dance music and other modern styles. On the two largest pads, you can play with natural tonal variations, depending on where you strike the pads. Further sound control is available with the Roll button, Realtime Modify knob, and the famous D-BEAM, which provides a cool way to play sounds and manipulate effects with hand movements in the air.
Packed with SuperNATURAL Sounds
The HPD-20 comes with 850 onboard sounds that are instantly accessible and ready to play. At your command is an enormous library of ethnic percussion instruments from around the world, as well as melodic and orchestra percussion. Traditional drum kit sounds are also on tap, plus a large selection of electronic tones that are ideal for current music. All the sounds offer an incredible range of dynamic expression, thanks to the powerful combination of Roland’s SuperNATURAL sound engine and the ultra-sensitive response and unique functionality of the HandSonic pad interface. The HPD-20 provides 200 total kits—including 100 kits filled with ready-to-go setups—and you can freely modify any kit just how you like for any style or playing situation.
Import Your Own Custom Sounds
In addition to its built-in sounds, the HPD-20 gives you the ability to import up to 500 of your own WAV sounds and play them from the pads. Just load up a USB flash drive with your favorite sounds from your computer, then connect it to the HPD-20 to import them, assign them to pads, and create your own kits. The types of sounds you can use are not limited to short percussion strikes—with up to 12 minutes of time available, you’re able customize your HandSonic with audio phrases, sound effects, backing music, and more. Once your sounds are in the HPD-20, you’re free to use them just like the onboard sounds, with complete editing and effects capabilities at your disposal. This includes the ability to continuously loop beats and other rhythmic sounds and start/stop playback with the pads.
Deep Editing and Dynamic Multi-Effects
Inside the HPD-20 is a full set of powerful tools for creating all-new sounds. When building user kits, it’s possible to edit every instrument individually by modifying its volume, pitch, decay, and more. You can also layer two sounds together and assign parameters to blend or switch them dynamically based on your playing velocity. Three independent multi-effects engines—each equipped with 25 different effects—provide rich sound-shaping options, from standard chorus and echo to intense effects such as distortion, filter, and bit crush that are ideal for dance music and electronica. The Realtime Modify knob allows you to tweak pitch and effects as you perform for expressive sound shaping on the fly, and ambience effects and EQ can be applied to an entire kit for final sweetening.
Quick Rec and USB
With the handy Quick Rec function, capturing a performance or idea is just a button press away. Play along with the built-in metronome for steady time as you record, or go without to capture playing without being constrained by a set tempo. Saving your recordings to a connected USB flash drive is just as easy—just hit the Export function button, adjust level and other parameters as desired, and save! You can back up your HPD-20 user kits and other settings to USB memory as well. The HPD-20’s USB Computer port makes it a breeze to connect to a Mac or Windows computer and use the powerful HandSonic pad interface to play virtual instruments and record beats in audio/MIDI music production software.
Trigger Inputs and MIDI
The HPD-20 excels as a standalone percussion instrument, but you can extend its capabilities even further with external devices. Via the TRIG IN jack, you can connect a wide range of Roland pad types for stick playing, or a kick pad for banging out beats from the floor. Add a Roland hi-hat controller to the dedicated jack and you’ve got a versatile and super-compact percussion kit! MIDI I/O provides even more possibilities, allowing you to trigger HPD-20 sounds from V-Drums, SPD-series pads, keyboards, and more, or play sounds on other instruments from the HandSonic.
- Powerful hand percussion instrument for live performance and studio music production
- 850 ready-to-play sounds include percussion from around the world, melodic instruments, drums, tones for modern electronica beats, and more
- Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL sound engine delivers unparalleled tone quality and expressiveness
- Import up to 500 of your own WAV sounds via USB flash memory and assign them to pads
- Deep editing capability allows you to tweak and layer instruments and process tones with three independent multi-effects engines, ambience, and EQ
- 13 silicone rubber pads provide ultra-sensitive velocity response and a comfortable feel
- Dynamic pad assignments let you dampen, mute, and tune sounds for authentic performance of acoustic hand percussion like congas and tabla
- Roll button and Realtime Modify knob; D-BEAM for controlling sounds and effects with hand movements
- Easily capture performances and ideas with the Quick Rec function and export them as WAV audio files to USB flash memory
- Inputs for connecting a Roland pad and hi-hat controller (sold separately)
- USB Computer port for audio/MIDI communication with popular music software, including DAWs and standalone virtual instruments
*1 When using batteries having a capacity of 2,450 mAh.
* These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)Options (sold separately)Carrying Case: CB-CS2
Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7)
Speaker Stand: ST-A95SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth490 mm
19-5/16 inchesDepth341 mm
13-7/16 inchesHeight305 mm
12-1/16 inchesWeight7.4 kg
16 lbs. 6 oz.
With its compact size and battery-powered operation, Roland’s CUBE Street was a huge hit among traveling musicians. Now, the new CUBE Street EX infuses the popular mobile amp with a huge performance upgrade that delivers more projection, more channels, and more versatility. 50 big watts of power and a stereo speaker system with dual woofers and tweeters provide clean, punchy sound for larger crowds, while four independent channels offer abundant connections for a variety of mics and instruments. Detailed sound adjustment is available with separate EQ and reverb controls, and great guitar tones are dialed in easily with the onboard COSM amps. Selectable power modes provide up to 20 hours of operation with eight AA batteries, and two CUBE Street EX units can be linked together for more sound coverage if needed. And with i-CUBE LINK, you can even plug in your iPhone or iPad to play backing music and record your performances!
Impressive Performance Equivalent to a Small PA System
Equipped with 50 watts of stereo power, two eight-inch woofers, and two tweeters, the compact CUBE Street EX effortlessly projects your musical performances with clear, dynamic sound. Thanks to unique new power circuitry developed by Roland, you can enjoy clean headroom and quality sound at a level that’s impossible with any other battery-powered amp. The output power is adjustable in three levels—Max (50 W), Normal (25 W), and Eco (10 W)—allowing you to conserve battery life in situations where you don’t need maximum power. In Eco mode, eight AA Ni-MH batteries will last up to 20 hours! The CUBE Street EX can also be powered with the included AC adapter at gigs where electrical power is readily available.
Multiple Inputs to Support Any Performing Setup
The CUBE Street EX has an onboard mixer with four independent channels, providing ample connectivity options for all kinds performers. Mic/Instrument and Mic/Guitar channels feature XLR/TRS combo jacks to support microphones or devices with 1/4-inch outputs, and each channel is outfitted with its own three-band EQ and reverb effect for discrete sound shaping. The mono/stereo Line In channel is equipped with 1/4-inch jacks, while the Audio In channel provides a stereo 1/8-inch mini jack that also supports i-CUBE LINK. If you fill up all the channels, you can use the rear-panel Aux In jack to connect an additional mono device if needed.
The versatile CUBE Street EX is ideal for all kinds of musical performance situations. Here are just a few:Two vocalists, keyboard, and backing tracks
- Electric and acoustic guitar duo with drum machine
- Vocal, guitar, drum machine, and backing tracks
Great Guitar Tones with COSM Amps and Effects
The CUBE Street EX makes it easy for guitarists to plug in and get pro sounds immediately. COSM tones for electric guitar include Lead, Crunch, and Clean, plus an Acoustic Simulator for extra versatility from a single axe. There’s also an AC preamp optimized for acoustic/electric guitar and a convenient built-in tuner. Chorus/delay and reverb effects are available as well, and these can be turned on/off with optional footswitches while performing.
Jam and Record with i-CUBE LINK and CUBE JAM
Roland’s innovative i-CUBE LINK interface lets you incorporate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into your performances with the CUBE Street EX. i-CUBE LINK connects to your device’s audio jack with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. Roland’s free CUBE JAM app is an ideal partner, allowing you to play along with music tracks from your iTunes library and record the CUBE Street EX’s output right back into the app. CUBE JAM also includes a number of useful functions for practice, jamming, and performing, such as independent pitch/speed adjustment and Center Cancel for minus-one playing and karaoke.
Stand Mounting and Sound Expansion
When placed on the ground, the CUBE Street EX’s angled back provides excellent monitoring for performing in street situations and on larger stages. If you need broader sound coverage for bigger crowds, the amp can be mounted on an optional ST-A95 Speaker Stand. With the handy Stereo Link function, two CUBE Street EX units can be used together to create a powerful stereo PA with up to eight separate inputs.
Light and Durable Design
Like all amps in Roland’s renowned CUBE series, the CUBE Street EX is built to last. It features a high-strength ABS injection-molded body that’s passed rigorous durability testing, ensuring reliability in all kinds of outdoor performing situations. In addition to being tough, the CUBE Street EX is surprisingly light, making the amp a breeze to carry from gig to gig. An optional CB-CS2 Carrying Case provides a convenient shoulder strap and accessory pockets, plus a water-resistant covering that protects the amp from moisture while traveling.
- Innovative new Roland technology provides 50 watts of stereo power from eight AA-size batteries
- Selectable output power modes to optimize battery life for different performing situations (Max: 50 W/5 hours; Normal: 25 W/10 hours; Eco: 10 W/20 hours*)
- Portable, lightweight design (7.4 kg/16 lb. 5 oz.) with durable ABS injection-molded cabinet
- Powerful, full-range stereo sound with dual 8-inch woofers and 2-inch tweeters
- Four independent channels for connecting a variety of mics, instruments, and audio devices
- Two XLR mic inputs allow two vocalists to perform at once
- COSM tones for electric guitar, including Clean, Crunch, and Lead; preamp for acoustic guitar provides clean, natural sound
- Angled back for use as a stage monitor; mounting hole for use with optional ST-A95 Speaker Stand
- Stereo Line Out jacks for connecting to an external sound system when used as a stage monitor
- Stereo Link jacks to connect a second CUBE Street EX for broader sound coverage
- Easy recording into your iPhone/iPad via i-CUBE LINK and free CUBE JAM app
- Optional CB-CS2 Carrying Case made with water-repellent material
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).