FANTOM is a new kind of creative hub, made for rapid production and expressive performance. Inspiring onboard production tools and deep computer integration fuel an experience that feels intuitive, natural, and full of possibilities. The expandable sound engine delivers our best electronic and acoustic sounds, with the depth and control to combine and shape them in exciting new ways.
At every turn, FANTOM fulfills the need to create. Its smooth, rapid workflow has no confusing modes, frustrating technical limits, or trade-offs with sound quality. FANTOM’s creative process reflects how today’s musicians work, with fluid composition tools, instantly recallable creative environments, and deep computer integration.
No modes. Just seamless workflow.
When the creative juices are flowing, there should be no barriers. With FANTOM, you won’t compromise your sound or suffer workarounds due to outdated technical limits. And forget worrying about what features work in which mode. FANTOM is always in full-on creative mode and your workflow stays consistent, no matter what.
Make a scene.
When you’re ready to create, so is FANTOM—and all it takes is a single touch. Your sounds, patterns, and performance layouts are arranged into custom creative spaces called Scenes. A Scene can be an entire song, section of a song, or a starting point with your favorite sounds laid out just how you like. Scenes can be chained together and changed instantly with no gaps or glitches.
You shouldn’t have to wonder how many effects are available, or if you can change sounds seamlessly without limiting complex patches. With FANTOM, you can focus on playing music, not rationing processing power. And with so much power under the hood, you can run all 16 parts with all available effects—simultaneously—with full patch-remain for seamless transitions. It’s like having the power of two complete FANTOMs in one.
FANTOM’s flexible and expandable sound engine leverages decades of research and development, dishing out inspiring and authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds by the bucketload. Combine different synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard analog filter for new and unusual sounds—and take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they arrive.
One engine. Infinite possibilities.
Drawing from over four decades of genre-defining sounds, FANTOM’s expandable sound engine nails our classic synths but pushes into new sonic territory as well. Our custom Behavior Modeling Chips power FANTOM’s core, with smooth and precise control, loads of polyphony, and full patch remain. And FANTOM is part of an expandable platform, with new sounds and new possibilities coming.
Authentic, evocative sounds.
FANTOM runs multiple synthesis technologies simultaneously, for authentic acoustic and electronic sounds, both modern and classic. You can also sample your own sounds and trigger up to 2 GBs worth of loops and one-shots from the pad matrix. There’s a fully routable analog filter for extra warmth and grit, and you can even mix soft synths with FANTOM’s internal sounds.
The Piano is Key.
Considered by many as the king of instruments, piano sits at the heart of the creative process for composers across a range of musical genres. FANTOM uses our V-Piano technology for pianos that don’t just sound real, they feel real. Craft pianos that play and respond like their acoustic counterparts and match your personal taste.
FANTOM’s synth engine is based on partials. Each partial starts with a discrete synth voice–complete with oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO and effects. You can have up to four partials in a single tone, and a Scene can contain up to 16 tones for complex layers, splits, and sequenced parts.
Low-frequency oscillators add movement to static sounds. More LFOs mean more modulation possibilities and more ways to explore new ground. FANTOM has two LFOs per partial, four partials per tone—and since you can stack 16 tones, that’s a staggering 128 LFOs per voice. And FANTOM’s Step-LFOs have 16 steps of beat-synced automation with 37 curve choices per step. This creates long evolving passages, modular-style animated textures, and sounds with deeply intricate movement.
After sound quality, what’s more important than playability? The way an instrument feels under your fingers, and how it helps you express yourself, is vital. FANTOM focuses on the experience of playing, from its immersive keyboard action to its arsenal of performance controls.
FANTOMs have our best keyboards ever, including the acclaimed PHA-50 on the 88-note model and a brand new semi-weighted action on the 61- and 76-note models. Each feels solid, precise, and supremely playable, with the expressive capabilities of aftertouch. We make our own keyboards to exacting standards, each model an evolution of the previous generation.
High-res, hands-on control.
FANTOM has plenty of knobs and sliders for intuitive and immediate control, with high-resolution for buttery-smooth sweeps and fine adjustments. There’s a dedicated synthesizer section with oscillator, filter, and envelope controls, along with numerous buttons and pads for triggering and sequencing.
Go ahead. Express yourself.
There are many ways to play expressively on keyboards. Some players like levers, some like wheels, some prefer pedals, while others prefer aftertouch. With FANTOM, you can use any of them—or all of them. You can even connect USB controllers to any of FANTOM’s three USB ports for enhanced expression.
FANTOM is a complete musical composition platform that excels at fast creation and fluid arrangement. You have RGB pads, a classic TR-REC style pattern sequencer, real-time recording with piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. Use any or all, whenever you want.
From spark to fire.
Different musical genres need diverse production styles and specialized tools. You can create patterns on FANTOM in a variety of ways including real and step-time polyphonic sequencing, or the TR-REC pattern sequencer—perfect for rhythmic parts—as used on our iconic drum machines.
A great way to build up a track is by arranging clips that contain musical patterns. Drums, basslines, pads, and other patterns can be recorded into clips that you can trigger individually, or in groups. It’s a lightning-fast way to compose and ideal for triggering backing tracks during live performance.
The foundation of dance music is the step-sequencer, specifically the 16-step TR-REC variety found on our drum machines like the TR-808 and TR-909. FANTOM’s built-in TR-REC sequencer makes it quick and easy to create rhythmic parts and is modernized with support for polyphonic parts.
While FANTOM is powerful by itself, its powers grow exponentially when connected to other gear like computers or analog synthesizers. FANTOM can control software synthesizers directly from the touchscreen, drive modular and analog synthesizers from its dual CV/Gate outputs, and is also a high-quality audio interface capable of 16 stereo outputs and 3 stereo inputs.
FANTOM doesn’t just work with computers—it fully integrates. It’s a high-quality 16x3 stereo audio interface and can control DAWs and plugins from its touchscreen. It can integrate soft synths into Scenes, and send parts composed on FANTOM directly to your DAW.
Deep soft synth integration.
Customize your sound by integrating your plugin soft synths with FANTOM. Control Apple Logic, Garage Band, and Mainstage, and adjust soft synth parameters right from FANTOM’s touchscreen. Mix and layer soft synths with FANTOM’s internal sounds, and then route them through FANTOM’s analog filter section.
While FANTOM provides enormous creative potential, you may also want to integrate analog synths or drum machines with your setup. FANTOM has two sets of CV/Gate outputs so you can sync tempo or play them from FANTOM’s keyboard or its many pattern sequencers.
A clean and intuitive layout, premium materials, and our best-ever keyboard action. The result? An instrument that begs to be played.
It’s the little things.
The more you get to know FANTOM, the more you appreciate the thoughtful details that simplify your life as a keyboardist. From the slight curvature of the top-panel labels for rear connections, to the informative RGB-lit controls and buttons, FANTOM facilitates creativity and eliminates frustration.
Everything in its place.
FANTOM is designed to propel the creative process and play beautifully. The placement of each control, and how it interacts with the creative heart inside FANTOM, has been thoroughly considered with today’s workflow in mind.
Built to last.
FANTOM is made of tough metal with high-grade components throughout. Everything about it is sturdy and built to withstand the perils of live gigs and life on the road.
- Seamless workflow with no confusing modes
- Expandable sound engine delivers authentic electronic and acoustic sounds
- Fresh hybrid sounds combining modern PCM, virtual analog, and a routable analog filter
- V-Piano technology for stunning realism and expression
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers, plus effects and patterns
- Multitrack clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer as found on classic Roland drum machines
- High-resolution controls with dedicated synth control section
- Massive DSP power for plenty of polyphony and smooth sound transitions
- Deep integration with DAWs and softsynths and 16x3 stereo audio interface
- Acclaimed 88-note weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- Keyboard: 88 Keys (PHA-50 Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator
- V-Piano Technology
- Parts: 16 Zones(Internal + External)
- Scenes: 128 Scenes x 4 Bank
- Over 3,500 Tones
- Over 90 Drum kits
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Mic Input Reverb: 6 types
- Analog Filter
- Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass
- MIDI Tracks: 16(Internal/External)
- Group: 16
- Pattern: 8 (per each Track)
- Pattern Length: 32 mesures
- Recording Method: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Rhythm Pattern: Yes
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Chord Memory: Yes
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 8
- Slider x 8
- USB Audio Slider
- Wheel x 2
- Function Knob x 6
- Sound Modified Knob x 11
- 4 x 4 Pad
- Display: Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color/Touch screen)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- SUB OUT1 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT2 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- ANALOG OUTPUT Jacks(1,2)(1/4-inch phone type)
- Mic/Line Input Jacks: (1,2) (1/4 inch phone type/XLR type)
- 2 x CV OUT, 2x GATE OUT
- FOOT PEDAL JackS(HOLD, CTRL1,CTRL2,CTRL3)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2/THRU)
- USB MEMORY Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- 3 x External Device Port
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply: AC 117–240V 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 50 W
- Owner's manual
- Power Cord
- Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard Stand: KS-G8B, KS-10Z, KS-12
- Pedal Switch: DP series, RPU-3
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash drive (*)
Size and Weight
- 1,432 mm
- 56-7/16 inches
- 439 mm
- 17-5/16 inches
- 153 mm
- 6-1/16 inches
- 27.7 kg
- 61 lbs 2 oz
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).