- Sampling Frequency = 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24 bits
- D/A conversion: 32 bits
Nominal input level
- INPUT (1–4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu
- INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu
- MIC IN (Combo type): -60 dBu
Nominal output level
- MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu
- BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
- INPUT (1–4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
- MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
- BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced)
- PHONES: 44 ohms
- INPUT (1–4) jacks: RCA phono type
- MIC IN jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced))
- MASTER OUT 1 jacks: XLR type (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- USB Host ports: USB type A
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- PHONO GROUND terminal
- AC adaptor
- 2,000 mA
- Startup guide
- USB cable
- serato P'NT DJ EXPANSION PACK VOUCHER card
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 668 mm
- 26-5/16 inches
- 427 mm
- 16-13/16 inches
- 84 mm
- 3-5/16 inches
- 6.8 kg
- 15 lbs
The DJ-808 is a state-of-the-art DJ controller with a 4-channel mixer, built-in drum sequencing, vocal processing, and the deepest Serato DJ integration available. Going way beyond a typical DJ controller, the DJ-808 is an instrument, with a Roland “TR-S” drum machine that contains the world’s most iconic drum sounds and can even control the Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. The VT Voice Transformer can pitch your voice to match the key of your Serato DJ tracks, while two AIRA Link ports let you connect compatible synths and electronic gadgets, and produce a live remix, with just a simple USB cable. Sound quality is high-end and the hardware is built tough yet easy to carry—ready for inspired sets that push the boundaries of what it means to DJ.
- Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats
- Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer
- Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching
- Velocity sensitive RGB color pads for HOT CUE, ROLL, TR, SAMPLER and more
- Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays
- 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX
- Standalone professional 4 channel digital mixer
- Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ
- 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode
- 100mm pitch faders
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ license
- Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of a Serato DVS license
World-class software meets world-class hardware
With the DJ-808, Serato and Roland bring the best of software and hardware together into a single instrument that ushers in a new era of DJ’ing. It melds the supreme power of Serato DJ software with the genre-defining sound and precise engineering of Roland hardware. Decades of combined expertise give today’s producers and DJs state-of-the-art tools and innovative features that open up a new world of creative options, both on stage and in the studio.
Legendary TR drum sounds and sequencing
From the TR-909's unmistakable hi-hats to the wall-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of dance music. Customize your beats on the fly and in the moment using the DJ-808’s built-in TR drum machine with its iconic sounds and 16-step sequencer that stays in perfect sync with Serato DJ
The integrated TR drum machine contains the Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Hi-Hats and Clap from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines—the rhythmic foundation of a lot of dance music. These sounds use Roland’s acclaimed and award-winning Analog Circuit Behavior, faithfully replicating the original electronic circuitry of these influential rhythm boxes. It means you get all the thump and sizzle of the classic instruments, with dedicated knobs to control tuning, attack, and decay—putting a new twist on these legendary sounds.
In addition to the internal TR drum sounds, the TR-S sequencer can also trigger the new 8-slot Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. You can mix and match individual drum sounds, layer kicks and snares, and build drum parts limited only by your creativity.
Deep Serato DJ control
Careful design considerations in the Roland DJ-808 take full advantage of everything Serato DJ has to offer. Built-in DVS support (with the purchase of a Serato DVS license), dedicated loop control buttons, controls for Serato Flip, HOT CUE, FX, even Key Sync—it is all there. Key Sync and Loop functions get dedicated sections so you can quickly adjust the key or shift the loop for a particular deck. The design of every pad, slider and button is with performance in mind. This workflow feels familiar and yet new and exciting, all at the same time.
Cut, scratch and cue with the high-performance platters
The large, high-quality platters feel great and have the lowest latency of any DJ controller available. You get incredibly tight control over your music with super-fast scratches and cuts. The durable and responsive platters have integrated displays that clearly show playback status so you’re always in control. You can even control two decks simultaneously from a single platter with dual deck mode.
Expand your DJ setup—on stage and in the studio
If you are a producer, a DJ, or both, the built-in connectivity for synths, turntables, microphones and more allows the DJ-808 to take your craft to a completely new level. Two AIRA link USB ports let you easily connect compatible Roland instruments and effects with a single USB cable. Trigger synchronized keyboard arpeggios or play live bass lines, leads and sound effects. One connection is all you need to inject your DJ sets or productions with exciting musical elements that can easily sync to your Serato DJ tracks.
Pitch Perfect with Voice Transformer and Serato Key
Not only does the DJ-808 have a high quality mic input with an XLR combo jack, but also has a dedicated vocal processor, the VT Voice Transformer, that can drastically transform your voice. Knobs for EQ, Pitch and Formant make dramatic vocal effects easy and the ducking capability will automatically adjust the volume when speaking or singing into the mic. And the VT’s Auto Pitch function will even re-pitch the incoming signal to match the key of your Serato DJ tracks.
Pro hardware for demanding sets
Roland has a long history of making rock-solid, reliable instruments with performance in mind, and the DJ-808 is no exception. It has smooth, intuitive knobs and faders, adjustable curves, removable crossfader and touch-sensitive RGB buttons for HOT CUE, ROLL, SAMPLER, SLICER, PITCH PLAY and TR drum machine triggering
Equipped with both 1/8” (3.5mm) and 1/4” (6.35mm) headphones jacks, combo XLR input jacks, built-in phono pre-amp, solid build quality, and audiophile sound quality—it is arguably the most thoughtfully designed DJ controller ever built.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.